Unofficial WoWs Players Opinion Survey by "black_falcon120" (EU server) - he made all those great XMas statistical surveys years ago on WoWs Forum

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Unofficial WoWs Players Opinion Survey by "black_falcon120" (EU server) - he made all those great XMas statistical surveys years ago on WoWs EU Forum and on Reddit

On behalf of "black_falcon120" (EU server):

Unofficial WoWs Players Opinion Survey

This form is intended to give an idea of the community's opinions on the state of WoWs. 

I have previously run the unofficial surveys on the contents of Santa containers, and as then, I will publish the results (provided I get enough). 

For all questions, 5 is strongly agree, 3 is neutral, 1 is strongly disagree. 

Thank you for taking the Time to fill in this survey. 

Best,
black_falcon120 (EU server) 

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
Same announcement on Reddit:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Unofficial WoWs Players Opinion Survey by "black_falcon120" (EU server) - he made all those great XMas statistical surveys years ago on WoWs EU Forum and on Reddit

On behalf of "black_falcon120" (EU server):

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
Same announcement on Reddit:

I provided my responses to the survey questions.
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully "black_falcon120" will consider becoming a member of this forum?

• Like 3

didit

• Like 4

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

didit

Metoo.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up. Form completed.

• Like 1

Yes, black_falcon120 would be most welcome to join us.

I also replied in the survey.

• Like 2

Yo, this poll made me sad... I just missed my returning bonus!

I might be quitting again for 90 days. 😑

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yes, black_falcon120 would be most welcome to join us.

Thank you! Btw the key findings are mostly set in stone right now, as I have 317 responses: 

• Players don't like submarines or CVs. They think CVs are more overpowered, but hate subs more. They seem to think they are less interactive. 
  • They view premium ships as overpriced, but not overpowered. This honestly surprised me as people seemed to be buying them in huge numbers.
  • People are split over whether the game is in a good state right now, don't trust WG and have a split in how important historical accuracy is to them. 
  • They seem ok with players playing stock ships (this was a surprise).
  • They thought the economy was getting less generous, didn't like the battle pass but like the Camouflage rework. 

I hope this is interesting to you! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)

@black_falcon120 Welcome to DevStrike! and thanks for the survey! 

(dang... wrong me....)

Edited by nobody
not I, but he
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

@black_falcon120 Welcome to DevStrike! and thanks for the survey! 

(dang... wrong me....)

Mate, we can't have a situation where nobody welcomes new members.

• Haha 5

I agree with @nobody. Does that mean I disagree?

@black_falcon120 Welcome to the forum! Stick around, will ya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

Thank you! Btw the key findings are mostly set in stone right now, as I have 317 responses: 

• Players don't like submarines or CVs. They think CVs are more overpowered, but hate subs more. They seem to think they are less interactive. 
  • They view premium ships as overpriced, but not overpowered. This honestly surprised me as people seemed to be buying them in huge numbers.
  • People are split over whether the game is in a good state right now, don't trust WG and have a split in how important historical accuracy is to them. 
  • They thought the economy was getting less generous, didn't like the battle pass but like the Camouflage rework. 

I hope this is interesting to you! 

Some of your findings are not surprising, at least not when you've followed the discussions here on the forum over time. Since you found a couple of points surprising yourself, let's have a look at those.

If people are buying lots of premium ships... is this because everyone's so rich all of a sudden or are these new players? Are there any new players?

Why were you surprised by people being ok with stock ships then? I don't recall that being an issue, or at least I don't recall anyone ever complaining about it and people tend to complain about virtually anything about the game. Er... present company excepted, or course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@black_falcon120 Welcome to the forum! Stick around, will ya?

I'll try 😄 

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Some of your findings are not surprising, at least not when you've followed the discussions here on the forum over time. Since you found a couple of points surprising yourself, let's have a look at those.

If people are buying lots of premium ships... is this because everyone's so rich all of a sudden or are these new players? Are there any new players?

Why were you surprised by people being ok with stock ships then? I don't recall that being an issue, or at least I don't recall anyone ever complaining about it and people tend to complain about virtually anything about the game. Er... present company excepted, or course.

Ah ok, I got told by a load of people to always FXP modules... 

The surprising thing was the magnitude of the belief that premium ships are overpriced as of writing, the responses to the question: "Premium ships are fairly priced" is:

1: 128

2: 126

3: 71

4: 10 

5: 3

Don't know: 20 

Where 5  is strongly agree, and 1 is strongly disagree... 

• Like 1

These were my answers!!! Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got told by a load of people to always FXP modules...

It's a good idea - for a typical player -  if you're playing against real people (or at least researching the key ones is; for example, I wouldn't worry excessively about the 8 km torp option on high tier IJN DDs), but often not necessary in non-serious modes, Coop especially. IMO, of course.

In the pre-submarines days, when - I think - forum folk tended to be more focused towards PvP (at least on our patch), the preference to free-xp modules if you can was a lot more vehement. Latterly, with Randoms being largely bollixed by the well-known factors, going out in a stock ship in other modes is less foolish (although I'd still hate to try and actually compete in Ranked or Clans in anything less than fully researched and tooled up ship).

Edit: of course, if you go even further back, before grinds got simplified rather, some of the stock options were *utterly* awful, which further encouraged a bit of free-xping!

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 1

Ah ok, I got told by a load of people to always FXP modules... 

Indeed it is a good redommendation, but doesn't mean we'll take badly to someone not doing it. As a newbie or F2P, it is sometimes unavoidable. 

• Like 1

What needs to be done is if WG can break the the WoT culture influence that is permeated within WoWS. WG nick us with every bad option (commander skills and equipment) we played with the ships. And we can't change it back or go to the correct choice.  Does WG really make that much money off the 25¢ commander reset it costs the players?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I sent my response. Generally I feel like it asks most of the important questions, I put neutral for DDs being OP though. Simply because DDs can be OP if properly played but they’re balanced out by their extremely steep skill requirement. It’s a difficult class to address balance wise but I think DDs are in a reasonable state mostly.

good survey though, look forward to seeing the end results.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I feel a few questions could've potentially been divided into more separate or clearly statedly ones. But that is mostly due to my more "nuanced" takes and for the average player answering this poll the current arrangement is perhaps best.

Either way this is very good stuff.

Edited by Verytis
  • Like 1

Responses submitted. 

If anyone is interested, the results are in! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2