Summer Festival Battle Pass

PrairiePlayer

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

WG should create 12 new commanders, starting with Miss January. There'll be a 'commander of the month', and each female commander gets to wear a progressively skimpy outfit that would render the most hardened sailor weak. That should drive the number of active players up. LOL

Doing that would drive me from the game. My wife won't stand for increasing amounts of that kind of sleazy content.

• Like 1

@Colonel Potter

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/event-pass-135-summer-festival/

WG announced compensation for Jurua if you have it already is 1000 Summer Tokens. So, my thoughts were correct on what they would do. No idea yet on what you can get with them though. My thoughts on that are the tokens will buy crap items as in other past summer events.

Also, FWIW to anyone, if you have the Gold Eagle camos for Kansas and/or Minnesota the compensation for those is Summer Tokens as well. 800 for the Kansas one and 1000 for Minnesota's.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2024 at 12:43 PM, Frostbow said:

WG should create 12 new commanders, starting with Miss January. There'll be a 'commander of the month', and each female commander gets to wear a progressively skimpy outfit that would render the most hardened sailor weak. That should drive the number of active players up. LOL

good idea more reason to sell captains

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

@Colonel Potter

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/event-pass-135-summer-festival/

WG announced compensation for Jurua if you have it already is 1000 Summer Tokens. So, my thoughts were correct on what they would do. No idea yet on what you can get with them though. My thoughts on that are the tokens will buy crap items as in other past summer events.

Also, FWIW to anyone, if you have the Gold Eagle camos for Kansas and/or Minnesota the compensation for those is Summer Tokens as well. 800 for the Kansas one and 1000 for Minnesota's.

That is… uncharacteristically generous.

Now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. :classic_laugh:

On 6/9/2024 at 8:56 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Doing that would drive me from the game. My wife won't stand for increasing amounts of that kind of sleazy content.

Be careful. 

GPgrWoWXEAAfSZD?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

That is… uncharacteristically generous.

Now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. :classic_laugh:

I would wait to use the term "generous" until you see what you can get with those token. 

c26a081912a71af8d0e57799c291ced5.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

@Colonel Potter

Yeah, read that just before coming here. Have the same feeling as well, probably just silly camo and other stuff I'd never be interested in. So definitely a no go for me for the Premium pass again.

• Like 1

its probblly called summer event pass because most will probblly let it go past and ignore it 

i will be passing on this summer stuff as well 

since everyone started selling there camo  WG gives us useless linkable camo  so we cant sell to make credits 

doesnt WG realise camo isnt worth anything any more 

just another boring battle pass 

nothing to see here move along 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

doesnt WG realise camo isnt worth anything any more

I don’t mind earning the free camos. However, I’m not a fan of the summer camos aesthetic. I’d personally rather get steel or RB points.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

In official article:

EU

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/event-pass-135-summer-festival/

NA

There is mention of so-called "Summer Tokens" - but what are those and what will they be used for?

Anyone knows?

Leo "Apollo11"

We’ve had them before. It’s recycled from a previous summer event. I think the main thing to use them on was the tropical camo for Atlanta.

• Like 2

Meh, even if I didn't have Jurua I wouldn't want it.

Slam an unique upgrade in there or something and we're talking.

But I'm fine with WG not wanting my money. 

Am I correct in assuming that other than those daily, weekly and weekendly things, there are no other ways to acquire progress points for the pseudo battle pass? And also no way to buy a stage? I am stuck at 40/45 on stage 18 and would need 5 more for 600 steel, but I guess I am SOL? The only option I can find is to buy the second progression, but that is really shit value. I would spend dubs on that missing stage (steel is very high value for me), but I guess WG doesn't want my money.

I do think that back in the day with the real BP, we could buy single stages, but maybe I am mistaken.

Edited by Kruzenstern

Rational person sees less-than-pleasing WG event: "Meh, saving my $$ for next time. Now, how much stuff can I pick up for free?"

Irrational person sees less-than-pleasing WG event:

STEP ONE: TEAR CLOTHES WHILE MAKING WEIRD KEENING NOISES

STEP TWO: PUT ON SACKCLOTH

STEP THREE: SIT IN ASHES.

STEP FOUR: UPLOAD VIDEO OF ALL OF THIS TO INSTAGRAM.

STEP FIVE: COMPLAIN IN FORUMS.

😜

I am pleased that they decided to make the Swimsuit Captains a voluntary purchase, rather than sticking them in the Battle Pass. Quite frankly, from the aesthetic viewpoint I'd rather have pinups of these ladies:

image.png.d5f7230456c90092a671647d60d968ca.png

than these:

image.thumb.png.f11a2b1c1e91690e59b9b62733996fc4.png

• Like 1

ok so male players get these so what do the women get   bare chested boggsy (mr perfect hair ) & bare chested ashkance 

sorry   but im old fashioned  they dont interest me  . i have no interest of this summer festival if i get tokens  that will just sit there 

16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I would wait to use the term "generous" until you see what you can get with those token. 

c26a081912a71af8d0e57799c291ced5.gif

Plus, WG is almost never actually generous...

It happens so rarely that when it does happen it feels like a mistake.

😉

2 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

Am I correct in assuming that other than those daily, weekly and weekendly things, there are no other ways to acquire progress points for the pseudo battle pass? And also no way to buy a stage? I am stuck at 40/45 on stage 18 and would need 5 more for 600 steel, but I guess I am SOL? The only option I can find is to buy the second progression, but that is really shit value. I would spend dubs on that missing stage (steel is very high value for me), but I guess WG doesn't want my money.

I do think that back in the day with the real BP, we could buy single stages, but maybe I am mistaken.

I think buying a stage is still an available battle-pass option.

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ok so male players get these so what do the women get   bare chested boggsy (mr perfect hair ) & bare chested ashkance 

sorry   but im old fashioned  they dont interest me  . i have no interest of this summer festival if i get tokens  that will just sit there 

The "Heroes of Might & Magic III" Commanders include Gunnar.  He's pretty buff.
And, like Megadeth, they're getting another collaboration opportunity in update 13.5

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The "Heroes of Might & Magic III" Commanders include Gunnar.  He's pretty buff.
And, like Megadeth, they're getting another collaboration opportunity in update 13.5

see colabs just dont have my intrest . i personaly scratch my head and think *W.T.F*   . beginning to ask myself is it worth coming on at all 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

I hate being pressured to make decisions like this when I first click on the armory after an update....

Screenshot2024-06-12084145.thumb.png.40a4e6864fbefd3ad17ca89c6022be87.png

To "SHOW" or "CLOSE"

60ilob.jpg.9a2ef0e1f425777bbcda05920bce7d25.jpg

• Haha 6

Just now, HogHammer said:

I hate being pressured to make decisions like this when I first click on the armory after an update....

Screenshot2024-06-12084145.thumb.png.40a4e6864fbefd3ad17ca89c6022be87.png

To "SHOW" or "CLOSE"

60ilob.jpg.9a2ef0e1f425777bbcda05920bce7d25.jpg

@HogHammer dont push the button  you will just be encouraging them

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

this summer festival

Well, there is that 'Beach Party flag' for when you go aground. Easy enough to obtain that.

Now which mode, ship & which tier to place it on? A T2/T3 co-op stationary? 😁

Edited by Aethervox

28 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

see colabs just dont have my intrest . i personaly scratch my head and think *W.T.F*   . beginning to ask myself is it worth coming on at all 

Well, that's why there are "filters" which can be enabled via the menu settings in the lower-right-hand-side of one's Port-screen.
Filter the content that doesn't suit your fancy.

Personally, I'm leaving the content enabled.  🙂 

Edited to add:  What if they did a "James Bond" collaboration?
Commander James Bond.  Men want to be like him and women want to be with him.  Everyone's happy.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

4 hours ago, MBT808 said:

We’ve had them before. It’s recycled from a previous summer event. I think the main thing to use them on was the tropical camo for Atlanta.

Unfortunately, none of the “summer” events have been as good as the original one back in 2020/2021 (can’t remember). That one also featured a variety of rare containers available in limited amounts, like up to five Black Friday containers and five of the OG Air Supply containers (the ones first introduced alongside the CV rework with incredibly high chances of dropping a premium CV) alongside some rarely available low tier premiums (Konig Albert and Vampire). I’m typically very averse to gambling on lootboxes, but those 5 containers got me Enterprise.

Although I really miss the old “summer sale” promotions that WG used to run the premium shop that these have replaced. For a week or two there were daily discounts on specific ships and daily discounted bundles as well. I remember buying the Prinz Eugen bundle that included two tier VIII premium containers that dropped Massachusetts and Asashio. :classic_laugh:

Edited by Nevermore135

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think buying a stage is still an available battle-pass option.

Well, if it is I sure cannot find it... Would apreciate a pointer...