Summer Festival Battle Pass

PrairiePlayer

I have usually been a reliable buyer of upgraded Battle Passes, but the pending Summer Festival will end that run.  All I can say is WG has set a low bar and I am not interested.  The Jurua is just a clone of the Gallant and since I am not a collector, the ship has little value to me.  In addition, the pixel pin-up girl captains have just as little value (opinions may vary on that, but I am talking about value to me). 

Thanks for nothing, WG.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Depends on what the compensation would be for having the Jurua already, which I do.  Probably won't be anything spectacular though. I am 99% sure I will be skipping this Battle Pass as well since WG keeps throwing in useless Permanent Camos instead of resources. Only BP I have purchased since WG took away the resources was the one where I was able to get back my 2500 doubloons in the Premium Battle Pass chain.  Other than that, the Premium Battle Pass has become pretty much worthless in my opinion since WG cheaped out on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

All I can say is WG has set a low bar

It's set a low bar for YOU. Newer players with some dubs to spend stand to pick up a mid-tier premium DD at a significant discount. 

For sure, I don't see anything in the 13.5 battle pass worth coughing up the dubs for either. Offering a ship I already have instead of the T8 permabonus they frequently offer means the major value for money item isn't there for me. As for the swimsuit captains, I've made my opinion of those clear elsewhere. The one in the free track is getting mulched for ECXP the instant she turns up in port. 

That being said, "thanks for nothing" seems a bit harsh to me. I'm just going to nod, say "Nope, not worth it this time around" and move on. Getting one's knickers in a knot because WG doesn't serve up an irresistibly tasty battle-pass buffet with every patch seems unhealthy to me, but you do you. 

• Like 3
  • Bored 4

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's set a low bar for YOU. Newer players with some dubs to spend stand to pick up a mid-tier premium DD at a significant discount. 

For sure, I don't see anything in the 13.5 battle pass worth coughing up the dubs for either. Offering a ship I already have instead of the T8 permabonus they frequently offer means the major value for money item isn't there for me. As for the swimsuit captains, I've made my opinion of those clear elsewhere. The one in the free track is getting mulched for ECXP the instant she turns up in port. 

That being said, "thanks for nothing" seems a bit harsh to me. I'm just going to nod, say "Nope, not worth it this time around" and move on. Getting one's knickers in a knot because WG doesn't serve up an irresistibly tasty battle-pass buffet with every patch seems unhealthy to me, but you do you. 

I agree with you and my post very clearly referenced the value to me.  The new Battle Pass is much more valuable to newer players and offers little to long-time players who see less value in a low-tier ship, more captains or more permanent camos.  That was my point and I am sorry you could not see it.  

Your opinion on my opinion is irrelevant to me.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Jurua is a clone of Gallant; however there is one tiny difference, Jurua has 2 less depth charges. This was the only ship that dropped for me in the Christmas holidays so who knows if I will even complete the next event pass. I play less intensely during the summer, sometimes if at all.

3 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Depends on what the compensation would be for having the Jurua already, which I do.  Probably won't be anything spectacular though. I am 99% sure I will be skipping this Battle Pass as well since WG keeps throwing in useless Permanent Camos instead of resources. Only BP I have purchased since WG took away the resources was the one where I was able to get back my 2500 doubloons in the Premium Battle Pass chain.  Other than that, the Premium Battle Pass has become pretty much worthless in my opinion since WG cheaped out on them.

Yeah, that matters. I am going to guess summer tokens as they mention them in the same article and the extra phases of the BP give those. Knowing WG compensation for it will be those.  The amount we get and what they can be used on will determine it for me as I too have the DD already.

I also have to admit the Gold Eagle camo for Minnesota interests me. I kind of like those camos and only got the Kansas one during their early access event. I wanted Minnesota and Vermont. For 2500 Doubloons + all the extras I might do it but again will wait and get all details before deciding.

• Like 2

I'm pretty uninterested in the upcoming pass, as well as the current pass. The "Golden Week" pass was good value: finishing it you either paid 1,250 doubloons (and got a bunch of goodies including a pile of coal) or got a "refund" if you finished. I can see these being useful in terms of driving engagement - is it worth giving away a bunch of (digital) stuff to ensure that folks play a lot and drive new people to the game?

From the lack of a repeat, I have to assume that WG has concluded "nope" and is trying to drive "engagement" with "Bikini captains" - possibly as a result of the popularity of the "Mermaid" mod.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That being said, "thanks for nothing" seems a bit harsh to me.

That's because you are The Defender of Wargaming. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Thanks for nothing, WG.

Thanks for nothing, WG!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Jurua is

I get a ship? Noice.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Just be like me and block the Ensign. I finally got fed up with his shilling for WeeGee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I have usually been a reliable buyer of upgraded Battle Passes, but the pending Summer Festival will end that run.  All I can say is WG has set a low bar and I am not interested.  The Jurua is just a clone of the Gallant and since I am not a collector, the ship has little value to me.  In addition, the pixel pin-up girl captains have just as little value (opinions may vary on that, but I am talking about value to me). 

Thanks for nothing, WG.

The normal price of the VI Juruá Doubloons is 5,300 doubloons in the Armory.
I don't yet have the VI Juruá Doubloons in my Port. 
I do collect ships.
The Summer Festival battle-pass is 2,500 doubloons.
The two unique voice-over commanders are of interest, to me, because I also collect commanders.

So, 2,500 doubloons for a ship from a previous event with a nice pair of commanders who are wearing their underwater-demolition-team uniforms and all the other rewards for completing the Summer Festival event battle-pass is okay as far as I am concerned.

That said, I'm not in any way trying to tell you how to spend your doubloons. 
I'm just saying that I do plan to spend my doubloons.  🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

with a nice pair of commanders

I see what you did there.  "Commanders".  Heh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I see what you did there.  "Commanders".  Heh.

43d.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0ac02ec1f2361bded

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Frostbow said:

He isn't. WG doesn't pay him at all...and he will never be actually associated with them. My bet is he made an enemy of some WG staff member some time ago and that's why they keep turning him down from being a CC.

5 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

Just be like me and block the Ensign. I finally got fed up with his shilling for WeeGee

I got tired of being trolled by him.

Blocking him is good advice, in my experience. The forums without his input is more about discussions and banter...rather than posturing and petty internet 'debate' tactics.

He knows I've blocked him...but I bet he still responds to my posts...

LOL

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

another usless battle pass . i saw it on the PT server  pinup girl commanders i guess the kids in the game  will get all giggly 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Buying cheap ship to cross things off my Satan Crate drop list, sounds like a W. Much more of a bargain than the uttery useless Azur Lane event pass.

But i understand not everyone are trying to get a rare shis from crates without paying a fortune.

• Like 1

Only time I EVER felt it was worth investing in Premium Battle Pass was the first one which had the big amount of RB points and one of the latest when you got all the doubloons you spent beck for it so it was totally free upgrade.

It seems like WG is not even trying to get players to buy premium pass since the rewards on the free line is way better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i saw it on the PT server  pinup girl commanders i guess the kids in the game  will get all giggly 

I'm no kid but thankfully I still get all giggly when I a see a nice pinup commander I'm in as usually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, thornzero said:

Jurua has 2 less depth charges.

Hmmm, I missed that particular detail - thanks for drawing it to my attention.

In other respects, Jurua's quite worthwhile, if you don't have her or Gallant already. As with others, I have her already (complete with gloriously absurd Snakey Magnificence), so the value of the BP for me will come down to what compensation they offer if you have the ship already. I'm expecting to be underwhelmed in this regard.

Don't really care one way or t'other about the bikini-clad captains (regardless of their <Michael Palin being northern voice> ooge tracts of land </voice>); leaving aside the usual arguments about objectification/sexism etc. I just don't have a use for yet more captains with fewer points than the ones I already have.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2024 at 1:45 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

2,500 doubloons for a ship from a previous event with a nice pair of commanders who are wearing their underwater-demolition-team uniforms

C'mon, you are participating to obtain the 'underwater-demolition-team uniforms'😁.

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 9:04 AM, Verblonde said:

the bikini-clad captains

Hard (no pun intended) pass here. The only place for these two is somewhere in port where the sailors like to go when on 'shore leave'.

Talk about pandering to the 'juvies' (the obvious target audience, these days, for Wedgie 😒).

Edited by Aethervox
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Aethervox said:
On 6/6/2024 at 4:45 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

2,500 doubloons for a ship from a previous event with a nice pair of commanders who are wearing their underwater-demolition-team uniforms

C'mon, you are participating to obtain the 'underwater-demolition-team uniforms'😁.

7241442bebcc38715d7d43cfc4183342791f3610 
"And your point is?"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

WG should create 12 new commanders, starting with Miss January. There'll be a 'commander of the month', and each female commander gets to wear a progressively skimpy outfit that would render the most hardened sailor weak. That should drive the number of active players up. LOL

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

WG should create 12 new commanders, starting with Miss January. There'll be a 'commander of the month', and each female commander gets to wear a progressively skimpy outfit that would render the most hardened sailor weak. That should drive the number of active players up. LOL

These two "commanders" are certainly only the start of a new trend.