Playerbase has lost its mind...

Zysyss

Posted (edited)

The playerbase has gone into full idiot mode over trying to finish the dockyard event. Players are playing as though they installed the game five minutes ago for the first time. I have even seen in chat players saying they are there just to finish the dockyard before they suicide their ship trying to get caps. I had to log out of the game over the foolishness going on before I had a meltdown. I am not even sure who is more at fault for this—the playerbase or WG. All I know is I will be glad when this is over. 

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Many of these players are two or three weeks behind in the event. They are playing crazy, trying to finish something that they are way behind in. But it will be over soon enough, and we will be back here complaining about the players playing badly in the Wisconsin. 

Edited by 3LUE
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

All I know is I will be glad when this is over. 

I mean...if your trying to be funny that's not the most comical thing I've heard in the forums...

But that is kinda humorous...

You think there will be an end to that.

What else you got?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I mean...if your trying to be funny that's not the most comical thing I've heard in the forums...

But that is kinda humorous...

You think there will be an end to that.

What else you got?

He does have a point, though. High-tier random mode right now is even more of a mess than it normally is. 

Edited by 3LUE
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

I am not even sure who is more at fault for this—the playerbase or WG.

WG.

Definitely.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG.

Definitely.

I dunno, most are chasing a ship that they will hardly play in 6 months time. The more ppl chase it the more WG is encouraged to make it more challenging. I have yet to get a dockyard ship, always stop at the middle reward, just cant be bothered to grind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

I dunno, most are chasing a ship that they will hardly play in 6 months time. The more ppl chase it the more WG is encouraged to make it more challenging. I have yet to get a dockyard ship, always stop at the middle reward, just cant be bothered to grind.

People only chase it because WG wants them to chase it.

If WG didn't want them to chase it in this dumb way, WG could fix the problem.

It's WGs fault.

Posted (edited)

This is the reason I love and hate the dockyard. its a great concept but the final week surges of stupidity make the whole game basically unplayable. Not to mention, if you're behind, then people are basically actively sabotaging you with how stupid they play. Not the mention a whole bunch of [REDACTED]'s come out of the woodwork and throw out more insults than putting ammunition on target in games, making the frustration from people playing stupidly worse.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It is... quite a view. 

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1

I did not play the last few days, but I have watched some streamers. Needless to say, there have been some choice words from streamers about the teams on both sides. Many streamers stopped playing WoWs and started streaming other games. As of right now, I see only one streamer streaming WoWs; all the other Wows streamers are streaming other games. 11:30 PM est

12 hours ago, Zysyss said:

The playerbase has gone into full idiot mode over trying to finish the dockyard event. Players are playing as though they installed the game five minutes ago for the first time. I have even seen in chat players saying they are there just to finish the dockyard before they suicide their ship trying to get caps. I had to log out of the game over the foolishness going on before I had a meltdown. I am not even sure who is more at fault for this—the playerbase or WG. All I know is I will be glad when this is over. 

This weekend will be epic. Wait till the despairing grinds of the final few days truly switch on then, it will be something to see lol.

No surprise considering Wisconsin is a USN BB a bunch of people would want due to historicity and the fact that she's pretty genuinely powerful aside from that.

Every dockyard has this, but this one is especially bad. Someone (a bunch of someones) at WG is absolutely desperate to pump those numbers up. They knew what they were doing with this.

• Like 1

Done it, and I didnt even play that much. Bad players cant finish that bonus mission that is the problem

4 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

grinds

This language is a breach of the Devstrike guidelines. @HogHammer

"Don't curse or swear – period! Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all know what you're trying to say, and you will receive a warning."

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MBT808 said:

This language is a breach of the Devstrike guidelines. @HogHammer

"Don't curse or swear – period! Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all know what you're trying to say, and you will receive a warning."

The hammer has dropped on HogHammer. 🤪

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Done it, and I didnt even play that much. Bad players cant finish that bonus mission that is the problem

Trouble is most players are bad, by deliberate desire of WG...

...WG trying to get those guys to spend money instead of grinding... apparently it's not working yet.

Am I the only one that thought this dockyard was easier than Puerto Rico 2 and Somme (Somme wasn't dockyard, but was still more annoying than this)?

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's WGs fault.

You don't have to chase it in a dumb way. If you do, that's on you.

It's the playerbase.

5 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Wait till the despairing grinds of the final few days truly switch on then, it will be something to see lol.

I suspect that a fair few of them belong to that group of people who start a 3000 word essay the night before it is due. 

• Bored 1

1 minute ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Am I the only one that thought this dockyard was easier than Puerto Rico 2 and Somme (Somme wasn't dockyard, but was still more annoying than this)?

I would say it's probably on a level with PR Mk 2. (I only decided to finish that one late, so I did have to do a bit of frenetic catch-up and I still ended up buying one extra stage at the end. But that's on me, and it was still only half the price I would have had to pay for it the first time around.)

Somme wasn't difficult in its requirements, but packing them into only four weeks instead of six or eight definitely made it more intense. I dragged out the red credit boosters for that one, because for some reason getting 10 million credits in submarines was easier than any of the other things they were asking at one point. I don't usually use reds, but I told myself "Hang on, you save these for critical moments. This is a free T9 premium ship you're playing for; this is a critical moment."

The chonky BXP requirement being a single task spread across all ship types definitely made this one feel easier. Much more so than if we'd had to do 30,000 or 50,000 or whatever in at least two types.

18 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I dragged out the red credit boosters… I don't usually use reds, but … I save these for critical moments. This is a critical moment."

I burned a few red boosters in pursuit of Wisconsin - had a mini-bummer moment when I realized I had burned a red commander XP bonus after the CXP task was done. When you have only eight left and burn one due to oversight…

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

I burned a few red boosters in pursuit of Wisconsin - had a mini-bummer moment when I realized I had burned a red commander XP bonus after the CXP task was done. When you have only eight left and burn one due to oversight…

Been there, done that with blues. Hope your burned red was at least used on a 21 pointer or someone who's well along the way, and had a good harvest.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

People only chase it because WG wants them to chase it.

It's WGs fault.

How do you fix stupid?  Mankind's greatest minds haven't been able to figure that out, and you expect WG to do so?

The closest I think we've come is live grenade training in the military, but that tends to be expensive in the number of non-stupid the stupid take with them.

Until the secret is uncovered, people will be stupid and do stupid things, and no earthly force can stop them.

Life rules to remember:

1.  People are stupid;

2.  Refer to rule 1.

31 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

How do you fix stupid?  Mankind's greatest minds haven't been able to figure that out, and you expect WG to do so?

The closest I think we've come is live grenade training in the military, but that tends to be expensive in the number of non-stupid the stupid take with them.

Until the secret is uncovered, people will be stupid and do stupid things, and no earthly force can stop them.

WG intentionally seeks out a certain player for their game. Marketing 101.

WG doesn't like informed and intelligent customers...they actively drive them away.

The population of WoWs players is selected by WGs marketing and business decisions to be a certain level of wisdom...

You don't 'fix stupid'...you select the market segment you want to buy your product.

30 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

WG isn't trying to fix stupid, they are exploiting it. Smart business. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SolitudeFreak said:

yes I had trouble finishing Somme event, took me a lot of grinding. Wisconsin was easy