Weekend Spree - 1 to 4 September 2023 (Labour Day Long Weekend)

Ensign Cthulhu

I'm burned out.

I realized this for certain when I tried to finish off four 300 BXP Naval Battles tasks tonight (Sunday) and missed all four by inches.

That being said, this has been coming for a little while, and I foresaw it and planned for it. As things stand:

1) I have enough XP on the Asturias to get the Cataluna on Day 1 of the line release, so that's all good.

2) I managed to finish the creation of a 21 pointer (my sixteenth!), leaving only one more to be created in order for every nation group in the game to have at least one (and he has to climb the Spanish Cruiser tech tree before he's ready, therefore reducing the urgency on that task). 

3) By way of buying the premium Battle Pass for the steel it contains, and playing just enough Ranked to grab the last little droplet I need, I managed to grab the Dusky Owl camo for the Ragnar before the availability window closed. Normally I wouldn't swap steel and dubs for bling, but my family has a meme involving owls and so this was necessary because personal reasons. (We'll leave for another thread whether making these camos available for steel instead of Ranked tokens was a good idea. I'm just glad I could get it.) So I was VERY happy about that.

4) The Lushun's not on my radar, so I can give a relieved middle finger to the current dockyard.

So yeah, what I accomplished Sunday can be counted on the fingers of one hand without involving the thumb, but Saturday's tying off of loose ends more than made up for it. I spent much of Sunday reading airplane books, then grabbed myself the DVD of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and chilled on the couch while the cats took turns draping themselves all over me. Monday (Labour Day holiday) will probably be much of the same.

One of those 'airplane books' is John D. Anderson's "Modern Compressible Flow", which I'm struggling with because my high-school education didn't cover multivariable or vector calculus. Fortunately there's always YouTube... and to reinforce that, I have a bunch of old textbooks that my wife kept from her university days because she took calculus subjects for kicks to pick up some necessary credits. 

We've got... what, nine days left in this patch? I'm probably just going to log in for the daily freebies, might grab the first crate each day (what's 2000 ship XP between friends?) and recuperate my powers before the anniversary hits. That's going to keep me busy.

• Like 2

I made my daily grindings. Finished the Battle Pass for this update, and thanks to previous grindings, there are not that many Tier 7 ships remaining that are worthwhile for a Permanent Economic Bonus Pack.

Almost missed the Uruguayan Naval Jack mission chain, claimed and grinded it on September 3rd. Finished the feasible parts of the Concealed Manouvers reward missions and get some Community Tokens enough to exchange Viribus Unitis (the only currently available Tier 5 premium remaining unclaimed) for free. May try that if another Pan-European branch gets announced. The rest of the update can be dedicated to Ranked efforts.

And spent much energy on the Russian-exclusive balance changes affair. Frustration, disappointment, anger, disillusionment, and finally some reconciliation with the fact that we have spend years playing on "Global" servers, with varying amounts of accumulated resources and most of us are not in a position to just abandon everything and start afresh in MK and no one, including WG/Lesta staff themselves, are able to predict this ongoing war. I have read about Ahskance officially replying that MK is now another game (and it is understandable that WG and Lesta have to maintain this stance considering current international situation), yet I still hold the same view with some of my fellow WoWS gamers of NGA that this should be something we protest about, and I feel glad that people read about my post, and famous WoWS commenters like Flamu have also made their comments on the drama.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

I'm in a weird place at the moment due to my recent encounter with the beer bug and some failures by the public medical system here in Aus.  Add the fact that one of my other online projects is currently on hold due to the lead being in hospital in the US so I've simultaneously got a lot of time on my hands, my brain seems to have come back a lot faster than my physical ability (hello mental capacity, I missed you smileytongue.gif.ef6cf951004b90decb581a917ff831ed.gif) ... and as a result I'm playing more WoWS than I would normally.

Consequently I've been poking (not really grinding, I'm still too slack laid back for that) at a number of lines that I'd stalled on.

So far I've bought the Buffalo and the Roon, and am playing games in my (formerly neglected) La Galissonniere, Sejong and my GK. I've been playing the Brisbane a fair bit too ... but that just makes me wish there were more commonwealth ships.

I'm also looking for other games that might have some appeal.

AND I'm incredibly glad that DevStrike is here ... no proper WoWS forum would have been rough during the past few weeks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

And spent much energy on the Russian-exclusive balance changes affair. Frustration, disappointment, anger, disillusionment, and finally some reconciliation with the fact that we have spend years playing on "Global" servers, with varying amounts of accumulated resources and most of us are not in a position to just abandon everything and start afresh in MK and no one, including WG/Lesta staff themselves, are able to predict this ongoing war. I have read about Ahskance officially replying that MK is now another game (and it is understandable that WG and Lesta have to maintain this stance considering current international situation

Hello.

1. How does what happens on the Lesta ru server affect us shipowners of the rest of the world? or is it hard for you from what is happening in North Korea behind their barbed wire?

2. If the war ends (I personally doubt that soon), then the sanctions and consequences will remain: Lesta is also an outcast for the game world.

3. I still have contacts with ru server players and I know that Lesta is more and more loyal to her ru players every day, but in reality online is falling rapidly, clans are breaking up, newcomers do not progress, some old players are sent to war to kill Ukrainians, general isolation increases.

4. and personally I do not envy them (how are you crying here). I'm glad that I switched to the EU server and I'm surrounded by friends here.

Thank you guys for creating this forum!

• Like 2

Spamming this and that. Naval Battles. Finished Azur Lane. Got the Megadeth dude. Unexpectedly, I’m caught up on the Drydock. May try to finish the Spanish cruiser mission tomorrow (today…) since I’m not going anywhere for Labor Day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, armory said:

Hello.

1. How does what happens on the Lesta ru server affect us shipowners of the rest of the world? or is it hard for you from what is happening in North Korea behind their barbed wire?

2. If the war ends (I personally doubt that soon), then the sanctions and consequences will remain: Lesta is also an outcast for the game world.

3. I still have contacts with ru server players and I know that Lesta is more and more loyal to her ru players every day, but in reality online is falling rapidly, clans are breaking up, newcomers do not progress, some old players are sent to war to kill Ukrainians, general isolation increases.

4. and personally I do not envy them (how are you crying here). I'm glad that I switched to the EU server and I'm surrounded by friends here.

Thank you guys for creating this forum!

1. Almost everyone agrees that due to overly cautious balancing, California, Belfast 1943, V. Veneto and Hayate are underpowered and/or not fun to play, and previous heavy-handed nerf on Kreml and Henri IV seems to be overdone considering current meta, etc. And now, what seems to be the primary development team officially announced that they will redress these problems, much to the delight of WoWS players around the world, yet Rump Wargaming remains silent even after suspicion on who is actually in charge of game development has already risen after WG publishes changes to Lushun and Defence long after Lesta's announcement in Russian. The different design approach regarding Schill doesn't help, either. Also, Lesta has been actively working on the balance tweaking for newly teased test ships (Kommissar, Picardie) while WG only announced an illogical change to Scarlet Thunder.

Players are worrying that "Global" players won't be benefited from these changes and Lesta's test & development efforts judging from the contrast between the two teams, and in a worst case scenario, while MK players are receiving regular development and updates from Lesta, for "Global" players, all new contents either get struck in development hell or got released in horrible half-baked status (again, for reference, Schill) thanks to rump WG.

I don't think I should risk my forum account to argue about politics in a more blatant manner.

2. I don't care about that. The same applies to many players from China. And I've heard the sanctions hurt Europe more than Russia.

3. While RU population has indeed tanked, from what I have learnt Lesta is supported primarily by former World of Tanks CIS Realm, that has more players than the entire global WoWS playerbase combined. As a player from neither Russia and Ukraine the ongoing war means no more than a recurring topic of discussion yet all the benefits are readily visible. Even if this is intended to maintain the current population, the primary concern is about the balance changes and changes to new ships that are covered in Point 1. And about the war, isn't it for sure that civilian life in Ukraine get much greater disruption than that in Russia?

I don't think I should risk my forum account to argue about mobilization and conscription in Ukraine in a more blatant manner.

4. I envy they have the better part of the game company, that offers better for lower prices, that actually develops the game, that doesn't use some lame excuses to shut the official forum down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“    And remember, Binkov may talk about hypothetical wars, but only real peace can bring us all together.    ”
―Binkov's Battlegrounds
https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Binkov's_Battlegrounds

https://www.youtube.com/@Binkov/about

I am glad that www.devstrike.net is be a place where we can gather together in peace to share our enjoyments of a game and of life.

• Like 1

Talk about a Paradox of Peace....   We can't talk politics because the discussion are political and the entire game the forum is developed by is one of the Country's fighting the war,  we are not allowed to discuss - with many of us from a Nation that will ban this game if that Country is identified as the actual owner....  :classic_blink:    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In other news, I've reached "Level 40" of the current Battle Pass.
The reward is a Permanent Bonus Package for a Tier-7 ship.

image_2023-09-04_114727219.thumb.png.2fbc49fa823a80f4570fd1acadc37187.png  

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In other news, I've reached "Level 40" of the current Battle Pass.
The reward is a Permanent Bonus Package for a Tier-7 ship.

Made me look. I'm at 37.   I got called up for cruiser duty in clan battles by my old clan.  It was an urgent call in the evening, and I had just settled down with a beer to rejoice in ensuring a victory in Naval Battles.

• Like 1