Premium Time or Premium Ships - Which You Prefer (and Possibly Why?)

Admiral_Karasu

Premium Time or Premium Ships?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to spend your money more on either premium time or premium ships?

• Premium time it is.
    • Premium ships is the way to go.
    • Why not both?
    • You what, mate? You daft or sumfin, I don't spend any money on this game.

It is an interesting question, by the way, which is the better option to spend on, premium ships or premium time. In part, they provide the same bonus, but in part they also differ clearly.

Premium time doesn't help you with captain re-training, but a single premium ship, while allowing you to retrain your captains for one nation (one premium ship per nation is enough if it's a good one to cover this purpose), it only provides the economic benefits for that one ship only.

On the other hand, a premium ship is always available and doesn't run out on you, unlike premium time.

Please, give this question due consideration and thereupon proceed to cast your carefully considered vote in the poll. Optionally, provide a clarification here below or words to that effect.

• Like 3

I'd rather get Premium Time if I really have to pick just one, because there are certain tech tree ships that I am very much comfortable with. 

• Like 2

Both premium time and premium ships are advantageous regarding ingame economy. When possible I use premium ships, it's just easier and better than tech - tree. 

• Like 2

Both have their benefits and in the long run both can be worth getting. But if I had to pick one to spend money on, it would be premium time without a doubt.

Economically, premium time is more flexible since it applies to all ships you’d play, and can sometimes give better economic benefits than premium ships. Especially mid tier ones. Premium time also makes it easier to play more high tier tech tree ships without having credit issues. And it helps progress some missions faster, and get your daily crates faster for more coal income. 

Premium ships have their economic bonuses, and at high tiers are still some of the best ships for credit earning. They’re also important for captain training and retraining until you have a bunch of max level commanders and a surplus of elite commander xp. They can also be nice for alternate play styles if you want that option. And like you said, they don’t run out like premium time would.

But (assuming we’re talking about real money), you can get plenty of high tier premiums in the game with resources. Some of the ultra good ones (Alaska, Georgia, etc) are either unavailable or only available for limited times and require doubloons or real money. But there are still multiple good Tier IX resource ships (Kearsarge, Agir, Illinois, just to name a few), and Tier Xs are still good credit earners even if they’re not at Tier IX levels. And there are plenty of good Tier Xs for each of the in-game resources.

Ultimately it’s worth getting premium ships and premium time, but I’d usually prioritize the time first before the ships. Especially if we’re talking real money, since there are still plenty of good freemium ships you can earn just by playing the game (with in-game resources, or through dockyards with minimal doubloon cost compared to normal prices for the tier).

• Like 6

I chose Premium time because it applies every match.  Premium ships apply, well, only when I play a premium ship.  I have plenty of tech tree ships that I like to play and Premium time is welcome.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The correct answer is both.

However, if you can only have one, for some hypothetical reason, the answer is Premium Time as it applies to every match you play in every ship vs just the games played in the Premium ship.

But, as said, the correct answer is both.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3

If you are still grinding a few tech tree lines, and/or you enjoy playing Tier 10 or "super" ships, premium time pays off every game you play.

However, I would still recommend waiting until the Christmas holiday when WG offers a year of premium time for 1/2 off.

• Like 2

Ships. 

I came to this game to play, not rack up credits and XP. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Ships. 

I came to this game to play, not rack up credits and XP. 

Getting a bunch of credits and XP helps you get MORE ships

I haven't ever purchased premium time since it accumulates fairly quickly if you do either the black ships (thanksgiving) crates and/or Santa crates. 

That said, the in game economy sucks now right and is not very rewarding with respect to normal (co-op) play, even with premium time... the economic rebork was not in our interest or "even" as was touted.  I also note that very little premium time accumulated for me in the Santa Crates last year...

While I still enjoy the game... I find it isn't my choice as much any more... but, tis summertime 🙂 

• Like 1

Both is the simple answer, assuming money is not an issue.  But if money is not an issue, then buy dockyards, battle passes, crates and all kinds of things.  We all have our own situations and priorities, so there's probably not a wrong answer.

However, as someone who spends a little money, but not much the last few years, I'd say premium time is probably the first priority (for reference, I spent almost $10/month the first year, less than $6/mo the 2nd, and less than $2/mo the last 2 years - a little under $240 for 4+ years of playing this game, with about half of that in the first year and about 80% of it in the first 2 years).  I've bought premium time for about 3 1/2 years. 

It only costs $25 for a year of premium time (using the birthday coupon and buying at the holiday sale).  A tier 9 ship costs close to $80.  So for what I've spent, I could have three T9 ships or 9+ years of premium time. 

I have 82 premium/special ships (7 are T4 or lower, 18 T5, 19 T6, 18 T7, 4 T8, 6 T9 and 10 T10).  Premium time helps accumulate the coal, regrind for research bureau, accumulate FXP, etc. that lets you boy those ships in the armory.

• Like 3

If you only have ~$50 to spend on the game per year, then the Christmas sale on 360 days of premium time is the single most effective purchase. 

Premium ships can be very hit and miss -- they have to suit your tastes and perform well in the meta, both of which can change over time. That's a lot of uncertainty for e.g. a $50 T8 ship. 

• Like 6

The premium time is the important one because it stacks on top of everything you do. And the premium ships which you can get from events or resource grinds without needing to reach over for the wallet yet again are supercharged further with the premium time.

• Like 4

Were I to run out of premiumtime, I'd buy it. Provided that I'm also willing to play at the time. It's still the best value for money in this game.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It is an interesting question,

indeed, It is an interesting question. As a strictly F2P my answer is...... obvious.Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

That being said, with my "hard earned", "free" dubs  I prefer by far to accrue PT and when the opportunity presents itself  (gathered enough)  get premium ships. This way I can play the game comfy, without  ec. limitations or "hardship". I play operations , which means profit, with PT.

o-PS-PROFIT.png

only5star coz "teammates" reasons....

So.....

Resources.png

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Being an older player, gathered enough premiums (74+10 freemiums) to have my needs covered and there are few ships that would interest me. Kutuzov, Smol, otherwise my needs are covered. Which is to play the game comfy, as I see fit.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 4

Premium time, applies to all ships.

Many premium ships turn out to be a bit disappointing, not really that much better or different than the tech tree equivalents. I have a whole pile of T5 to T7 premiums from containers, events, etc. that I never play.

I like the bonus packages they give away in the battle passes that can turn favorite tech tree ships into "premiums".

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I don't buy anything in this game with real money...

...with in game resources, both ships and premium time have their uses. I'm happy to get either as rewards.

I'm in the camp of 'both or none.'

It makes no sense to only do one or the other.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

If you aren't averse to spending a few quid on the game, but not so much as to be able to afford 'everything', the first pick should almost certainly be premium time: for the simple reason that it works on every game that you play, whereas the benefits of a premium ship only directly apply to games played with that single ship.

Of course, there's the odd extra bonus to premium time (e.g. can't you run an extra campaign mission if you have active premium time) which may be more or less relevant.

That said, I ticked 'both', as that's what I personally do; more bonuses, but you are giving money to a company of doubtful repute...

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 3

Hi all,

Premium Time is a must - that additional "Kick" is well worth it!

BTW, I haven't bought Premium Time in years (at least 4-5 - and when I bout it it was always 50% Off for Doubloons = 12K during XMas)... and I still have around 500 days left and I get it constantly via normal gameplay (rewards, containers etc.)...

As for Premium Ships - I get them whenever I can with 25% Off coupon and Doubloons that I get constantly via normal gameplay (rewards, containers etc.)...

Please note that I only buy 5K Doubloons each year with 30% Off - those are all my yearly expenses (I don't even buy XMas crates for years now)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, torino2dc said:

If you only have ~$50 to spend on the game per year, then the Christmas sale on 360 days of premium time is the single most effective purchase. 

This ^^^^  is a +1  that will also help you indirectly to be able to obtain more premium ships as well.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I got invited into WoWS when Alpha testing was close to ending, so my main account (now in EU) has both the early Reward Ships.

My early spending was on Doubloons (to expedite grinding) & some Premium Ships. In retrospect, I should have only spent on Premium Time.

Now, due to what Wedgie has 'done' to WoWS (a very similar treatment to what Wedgie did to WoT), I will no longer give Wedgie a penny.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 2

Premium ships will always be on my account and allow me to do something different any time I want.

Premium time is a rental that only allows me to stack up ressources I don't need any more.

Owning something useful >>> Renting something useless

Well, as much "owning' as we can get in this game...

I don't spend money anymore, anyway. Only using the doubloons from ranked etc.

• Like 2