West Virginia 44 Am I Correct Its A Secondary Build Ship ?

tm63au

I think read that its a secondary build ship from a few people here posting, if so the reason I ask is because of the number 3 slot, wondering if I should give it " Secondary Battery Mod ".

To be honest none of my German ships have that Mod mounted I always go for range " Plotting Room Mod " but I feel the likely hood of me playing this ship in Random is slim.

So since it most likely will be a Coop ship I'm tempted to live dangerously go the secondary build, but I would just like a view from the community.

regards  

• Like 1

For coop just do whatever you want? 

The ship is a riot with sec build. I've had lots of fun doing the slow inevitable push. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tm63au said:

wondering if I should give it " Secondary Battery Mod "

For D day, yes, absolutely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

West Virginia '44 with a secondary-battery build, for the memes.  🙂 

• Like 2

Sec - build is the only thing that's absolutely required on WV 44. She's a quite monster that way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tm63au said:

I think read that its a secondary build ship from a few people here posting, if so the reason I ask is because of the number 3 slot, wondering if I should give it " Secondary Battery Mod ".

To be honest none of my German ships have that Mod mounted I always go for range " Plotting Room Mod " but I feel the likely hood of me playing this ship in Random is slim.

So since it most likely will be a Coop ship I'm tempted to live dangerously go the secondary build, but I would just like a view from the community.

regards  

Secondary builds also rely on the commander build... it's not just the boat equipment.  In my opinion you need a 14 point commander to see what secondaries can do... then carefully selecting the last 7 commander points for the situation either going all in on damage and AA or opting for survivability.

You definitely need the 3 slot in ship equipment for secondary range if you're going that route... just don't expect your main guns to hit as well since you're giving up accuracy.  Everything is a trade off!  🙂 

Fair winds and following seas!

• Like 2

Technically, ANY ship can be built for secondaries...is the question whether doing so is a good choice?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Technically, ANY ship can be built for secondaries...is the question whether doing so is a good choice?

In this case, sure 

image.png?ex=6660060f&is=665eb48f&hm=738abd30041652981e68cf8f3dd58709c58e26b771851cd190eb369c4852634a&

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

You definitely need the 3 slot in ship equipment for secondary range if you're going that route... just don't expect your main guns to hit as well since you're giving up accuracy.  Everything is a trade off!  🙂 

One of the perks of American “secondary” battleships has always been that the lack of access to ASM1 means players don’t have to sacrifice a main battery accuracy boost for the secondary range/dispersion boost.

This was actually one of the often unmentioned factors that contributed to MA’s dominance back in the day before WG nerfed her several times through various reworks. American dispersion with 1.7 sigma is decent enough at expected combat ranges, spotter plane access + 27 knot speed allows comfortable play with stock range, and she doesn’t need to buff her turret traverse either. WV’44 and Oklahoma, on the other hand, feel the loss of APRM1 or MBM2 a little more due to their slower speed and turret traverse.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I used a secondary-battery build for my Mikoyan.  Just for the giggles.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

if you secondary guns cant penetrate most of the enemy ships then there is no point. Having 100 secondary hits of which only 15 actually do damage is waste of points.

so you need

penetration (big caliber)

good range 

good reload

number of guns.

I ve build my Alsace with secondary build, it doesnt work, a lot of hits, range, reload but I cant do damage with small caliber. Only damage comes from setting fires. Meme build

• Like 1

Of course you build WV44 for secondaries. 

Anything less ,would be uncivilized. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Anything less ,would be uncivilized.

This!

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

the question whether doing so is a good choice?

Surely, it's the *only* choice?! Selecting anything other than the manliest options would simply be dashed poor form!

Sensible answer for the OP: for as long as I've been playing the game, the sensible answer has always been - even for brawlers - build for survivability/accuracy for optimal performance (against real people), and build for secondaries for fun. The degree of sub-optimality (is that a word?) for the latter varying depending on how good the ship in question's secondaries are...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Any BB can benefit from a secondary build in Co-op, even the ones without any noteworthy secondary buffs, because the matches are too short for survival builds to even come into play, and every little bit of extra damage will help you achieve higher scores. If you're playing aggressively and brawling (and you should be), then you'll be in secondary range, so not building into them is just a waste of damage you could be dealing. So, unless you intend to also use the same ship and the same commander in PvP, the answer is that BB secondary builds are always a good idea in Co-op, even if your ship's secondaries are terrible.

WV '44's secondaries are not terrible. In fact, they're amazing. WV '44 with a full secbat spec has better secondary DPM than Massachusetts, and even slightly better than Georgia- albeit at a shorter range and on a much slower hull- even with fewer barrels on each broadside.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

Sec - build is the only thing that's absolutely required on WV 44. She's a quite monster that way. 

IFHE is also highly recommended... or at least when facing T7 and below.... like current ranked season.

WV44 actually has more secondary power than most T9's....including Rupp....

image.thumb.png.3f9f646a3abdf62a0978c102afe7490a.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tm63au said:

regards  

I play a lot of T7 in randoms, the games are actually pretty good, perhaps 1 in 3 is a shitshow due to T9's, but the other 2 are usually top or mid tier. I prefer T7 because T10 matches are terrible and T8 are usually cannon fodder for T10's.

I see a lot of WV's in T7 and they do pretty good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hipcanuck said:

I miss mouse..... 😞 Such a valuable asset to the community. WG has no clue what they lost.

She was a member of this Forum, but she suddenly disappeared back at the beginning of the year, and NGL, I am kinda worried. A few people said they were going to look into it, but then nothing. Hope she's okay.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

I miss mouse..... 😞 Such a valuable asset to the community. WG has no clue what they lost.

10 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

She was a member of this Forum, but she suddenly disappeared back at the beginning of the year, and NGL, I am kinda worried. A few people said they were going to look into it, but then nothing. Hope she's okay.

I sincerely hope that @LittleWhiteMouse is simply occupied with real-life stuff (work, play and etc.).
She's amazing.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I sincerely hope that @LittleWhiteMouse is simply occupied with real-life stuff (work, play and etc.).
She's amazing.

I just realized @Chobittsu is around and lurking and would have a better idea than anyone else.

• Like 1

I played against LWM in a Brawl a week ago or so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

I just realized @Chobittsu is around and lurking and would have a better idea than anyone else.

He is amazing, too.  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm awake, I swear...  She's doin' just fine.  Her, Lert and I are over on a friend's Minecraft server now and then, but most of her and my time are spent prepping for Dawntrail's launch at the end of the month.   Her and I poke our noses around WoWS now and then, see how things have changed or possibly improved (rare) but we've pretty much detached ourselves from the game now, and while I look back on my time with WoWS very fondly, I've got a new family now
spacer.png

Now, to get back on track, secondary builds.   Any damn ship you wanna sail can have one if you have the balls to use it~  All that matters is if you have fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2024 at 8:29 PM, tm63au said:

regards  

She is an amazing secondary ship, very very good in ranked as well.

• Like 1