Flogging the SuperContainer horse... again!

Musket22

OK, I just got a SuperC after opening 100 normal containers.

I usually get 3 per day + the ones you get from doing tasks etc.

So my count when looking in the Armory at what you folks were refering to was 95 before getting this SuperC.

It now sits at 94. Which to me clears it up to saying that the 'Pity SC count' refers to getting a SuperC with a ship in it.

WHat I was refering to was getting a SuperC of any kind after 100 containers of any kind.

• Confused 2

You've flogged this horse so hard it's not just dead, it's liquid.

• Haha 6

Thanks, that so very helpful!

🙂

Just now, Musket22 said:

WHat I was refering to was getting a SuperC of any kind after 100 containers of any kind.

It's not "after 100 containers".

It's "once (at a random spot) every 100 points". Daily containers give 3 points, unless they're the Try-Your-Luck kind, which give 9. I'm not sure whether containers from other sources (Battle Pass, missions, Ranked, Armory bundles, etc.) give any points. It wouldn't be hard to check, just a bit tedious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tocqueville8 said:

I'm not sure whether containers from other sources (Battle Pass, missions, Ranked, Armory bundles, etc.) give any points. It wouldn't be hard to check, just a bit tedious.

They do. Not all of them can convert to SCs themselves (for example, from the monthly login rewards), but they all count toward SC progress. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Musket22 said:

OK, I just got a SuperC after opening 100 normal containers.

I usually get 3 per day + the ones you get from doing tasks etc.

So my count when looking in the Armory at what you folks were refering to was 95 before getting this SuperC.

It now sits at 94. Which to me clears it up to saying that the 'Pity SC count' refers to getting a SuperC with a ship in it.

IIRC you get a guaranteed SC once in every 100 crates

You get a ship type drop once in 200 SC opened

• Like 1

No matter the number it takes.. They REALLY shouldn't be called "SUPER" Containers anymore.

Sort of like still calling a BIGMAC a "BIG" mac when they are only 60% of the size they were when they came out ( and now cost 500% more ) 

Marketing voodoo mass hypnosis is a thing.

That is all

• Like 4

nothing super in super container

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

nothing super in super container

Except super-sizing your premium time to make sure its Hotel California for the players.

You get one super container after passing 100 points (3 points per More Coal or similar choice, 9 points per Try Your Luck).  You then get another super container after 1 to 100 points, its random.  Repeat.

Super containers average 750 coal.  More Coal containers average, IIRC, 540 coal.

Can we all agree to call them Mediocre Containers. Because that is what they now are. Quite mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Can we all agree to call them Mediocre Containers. Because that is what they now are. Quite mediocre.

I’ve been calling them meh containers for years, but that works too

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I’ve been calling them meh containers for years, but that works too

Nope meh containers is about right, from my IDK like last 50 "SC" most usefoul thing I got from them were 50 set on fire flags and 50 or 100 anti detonation flags (cant remember the number) everythjing else was trash mosly usless green boosters...

16 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Good choice!

image.png.feafddfed108626f40f9b992215c5489.png

For ages now, I sigh when I get an artist-formerly-known-as-SC, as I'll almost certainly get random rubbish from it, rather than something tangibly useful i.e. coal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

For ages now, I sigh when I get an artist-formerly-known-as-SC, as I'll almost certainly get random rubbish from it, rather than something tangibly useful i.e. coal.

15k coal its now dropping is rubbish as well IMHO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

7.5k coal actually.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:35 PM, Yedwy said:

20 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

7.5k coal actually.

15k disappeared months ago...7.5k is all you get l...when you get it...

Which isn't often...but a lot more often than the 1.5k steel.

The coal was halved when the SC rework happened. Ie when the flags and boosters were halved and the doubloons limited to just 1k and so on. About a year ago now ??? in readiness for the 8th anniversary. A move that effected new players more than veterans like me who already has all the ships and all the resources and all the boosters and many many flags.