Weekend oh God my f#$%^& back, thank God that's over.

Ensign Cthulhu

13 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Let Ensign do first to himself what he suggested. 😂

Or better yet, we can choose not to dignify Ensign's ad hominems. 😊

Well, because "your aft" isn't listed as an official ship in World of Warships, I'm going to interpret the situation as the Izumo being the thing needing to be checked.  😉 

7 hours ago, Frostbow said:

You instantly contradict your previous statement that you have to wait for the PTS in order to determine how to play the Wisconsin.

You seem to be terminally confused. 

I wish to test the effectiveness of the weapon systems with  particular builds, and I don't want to burn live-server credits in order to do it. 

I am exhibiting the virtue of patience, waiting to spend my live-server credits on equipping the ship until I have determined, by experiment, the best way in which to spend them. Is this not a wise thing to do?

the absurdity of the 'wait

There is no absurdity. I need to spend 6.875 million credits outfitting the ship, and I want to do it once. I don't want to spend the extra millions it will take to swap out modules 3 and 6 in various combinations, possibly even module 4 if I want to try emphasizing ASW over damage control, when I could spend those credits on the PTS server where I get given so many it simply doesn't matter.

Perhaps you are severely limiting yourself by not using your skills to earn more credits on the live server.

Look at it this way: by waiting and doing this on the PTS, I'm bascially forcing Weegee to pay for my R&D.  Does that make you feel better? Does it make more sense when you can see it as an act of revenge on a company you (and so many others) love to hate?

There's no lack of information about the ship and how to best configure it

All of which is delivered by and for people who will almost exclusively play it in PvP. That could work for me, but it also might not. But if you really need the full context, very well: when I equipped the Illinois I took advice from an expert source I trusted, that was given in good faith. It turned out not to work for me, so a rebuild was required. I would like to avoid a repeat of this experience. 

Or perhaps you are just petrified to play Random Battles, sir? 

I play this game to relax and unwind, which is why I'm a co-op main. When it suits my purposes, I play Random battles and sometimes even Ranked (I got the bulk of the DD caps/shares in last week's missions in Ranked) or Brawls. All of these are tools to be used when it's the most efficient or certain way to get what I need, and then put aside when I would rather enjoy some mindless bot violence. 

8 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Go check it first in the PTS if it works for you. 

Thank you, but no. My knowledge of human anatomy tells me that this is something I don't want to inflict on myself. You, on the other hand, need to learn to take a minor insult lightly, and maybe having a Tier 9 battleship stuck up there will focus your powers of concentration on this matter. 😋

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Smash burgers on the griddle

Mmm, the smell of burning flesh on the rack. 😈

image.png.db84128cf10658eccdaccc26f1ede17c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Mmm, the smell of burning flesh on the rack. 😈

image.png.db84128cf10658eccdaccc26f1ede17c.png

Or the "Spam-mish" Inquisition?  😉 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Ah !  Charred Animal flesh !  Now, we are talking!  

And, I have a Naval Receipt for a non tomato based BBQ sauce that was created from "what they had" on a Repair ship in the Pacific in WW2 and then used, all over the place after....

image.jpeg.374274c9296dbe43ce68336f768477df.jpeg

Yes, Recipe is the right word.  Spell check changed it for some reason !   Now, let's char some yard bird or trout !

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You, on the other hand, need to learn to take a minor insult lightly, and maybe having a Tier 9 battleship stuck up there will focus your powers of concentration on this matter. 😋

The discussion we were having was a good one, then out of nowhere, you resorted to insults.

When the debate is lost, insult becomes the tool of the loser. 

😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You seem to be terminally confused. 

I wish to test the effectiveness of the weapon systems with  particular builds, and I don't want to burn live-server credits in order to do it. 

I am exhibiting the virtue of patience, waiting to spend my live-server credits on equipping the ship until I have determined, by experiment, the best way in which to spend them. Is this not a wise thing to do?

There is no absurdity. I need to spend 6.875 million credits outfitting the ship, and I want to do it once. I don't want to spend the extra millions it will take to swap out modules 3 and 6 in various combinations, possibly even module 4 if I want to try emphasizing ASW over damage control, when I could spend those credits on the PTS server where I get given so many it simply doesn't matter.

What?  Most of us long time players have over 2 billion ++ credits.  And, you are worried about a few million.......?? 

Oh Mate, you seriously do not know how to play this game if you are worried about a few "million" credits....

What is that saying>?  "Get GuD" and earn a few Billion - like the rest of us that have several billion laying around, doing nothing. What, 350 million for the Maine?  Phffft.........chump change....  (Crappy ship IMO but, it was chump change to spend...)

"I don't want to burn live server credits?"  Sacrilege !  Heresy !  Hetrodoxy !!!  

(sorry Ensign, I am just having some fun......😊  Most of us really do have Billions ! )

10 minutes ago, Asym said:

What?  Most of us long time players have over 2 billion ++ credits.  And, you are worried about a few million.......?? 

Oh Mate, you seriously do not know how to play this game if you are worried about a few "million" credits....

What is that saying>?  "Get GuD" and earn a few Billion - like the rest of us that have several billion laying around, doing nothing. What, 350 million for the Maine?  Phffft.........chump change....  (Crappy ship IMO but, it was chump change to spend...)

"I don't want to burn live server credits?"  Sacrilege !  Heresy !  Hetrodoxy !!!  

(sorry Ensign, I am just having some fun......😊  Most of us really do have Billions ! )

I don't have "Billions", because I collect ships.
I've, on occasion, crept past the 100 million credit threshold.
And... then spent some credits to welcome a ship to my port.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

The discussion we were having was a good one, then out of nowhere, you resorted to insults.

When the debate is lost, insult becomes the tool of the loser. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, you go on thinking that.

Besides, if you're going to turn your nose up at me for waiting to play the Wisky until I've got her build sorted out, maybe you should save some disdain for @Asym, who has publicly stated that he went through all this just to grab himself a port queen. Or doesn't that count for whatever reason?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Asym said:

Ah !  Charred Animal flesh !  Now, we are talking!  

And, I have a Naval Receipt for a non tomato based BBQ sauce that was created from "what they had" on a Repair ship in the Pacific in WW2 and then used, all over the place after....

image.jpeg.374274c9296dbe43ce68336f768477df.jpeg

Yes, Recipe is the right word.  Spell check changed it for some reason !   Now, let's char some yard bird or trout !

I'll definitely be trying that!  Now I'm hungry...

2 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I'll definitely be trying that!  Now I'm hungry...

👍

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

maybe you should save some disdain for @Asym

And now you're telling me to do something unprofessional, after throwing insults at me. 

😄

• Thanks 1

It must be five o'clock somewhere.  😄 
happy_hour_logo_cropped2.jpg?w=453&f=1&n 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm still grinding lines, so I don't have billions of credits...

Actually am not immediately buying a coal ship right now because there are only high tier ones left and nothing that is a 'must have' for me...because I'm currently only at 13 million credits and kitting out a new tier 9 or 10 ain't cheap.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

And now you're telling me to do something unprofessional, after throwing insults at me. 

😄

I'm telling you to be consistent in your principles. 

As for the insults, YOU were the one who came into a "What did we all do on the weekend?" thread and started carping about my ship-research methods, casting aspersions as to my competence and my apparent lack of nerve to play PVP. As far as I am concerned, you deserve every bit of contempt and disdain I can throw in your direction. 

Now begone.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Now begone.

It may have slipped your mind, but we who aren't moderators cannot kick our fellow forum members out of here.
Instead, each of us has to do some act or write some words which earn the moderator's attention and impartial disciplines according to the forum rules.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It may have slipped your mind, but we who aren't moderators cannot kick our fellow forum members out of here.

I'm not trying to kick him out of here so much as asking him impolitely to leave. 😈

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm telling you to be consistent in your principles.

You are not.

All you are telling me is your aversion for well-meaning critique of your publicly-announced methods—which is just fair—given your experience, your number of years playing the game, and from what you have confirmed in this thread, your previous application to become a Community Contributor.

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

As for the insults, YOU were the one who came into a "What did we all do on the weekend?" thread and started carping about my ship-research methods, casting aspersions as to my competence and my apparent lack of nerve to play PVP.

You are the one who made the insult. No one else. And when the debate is lost, insult becomes the tool of the loser. 

What you have written here has led me to be tentative about your competence simply because a player like you with tens of thousands of battles, years of playing the game, and fleets of premium ships still has to cite excuses common among newbies. I believe you are not using your skill well enough to be able to earn credits through good play. 

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

As far as I am concerned, you deserve every bit of contempt and disdain I can throw in your direction. 

As far as I am concerned, every bit of contempt and disdain you can throw does not matter at all. We are all professional adults here who can take critiques and compliments.

Now you can insult people who ask valid questions about your publicly-announced methods all you want, for as long as you want, but it will not help you improve, nor will it serve the best interests of the community at large.

• Like 1

I have a better idea... let's contemplate what we share in common, over what set us apart, for example:

Bikinx Bañador bikini con estampado floral triángulo con cordón lateral |  Moda de Mujer | SHEIN México

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

for example:

Yooo its the commander in the next 13.5 pass!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yeah, you go on thinking that.

Besides, if you're going to turn your nose up at me for waiting to play the Wisky until I've got her build sorted out, maybe you should save some disdain for @Asym, who has publicly stated that he went through all this just to grab himself a port queen. Or doesn't that count for whatever reason?

Disdain?  Oh my !  A collector calling "collecting easy stuff" bad?  If money spent to buy everything available as a collector is celebrated, then, shouldn't those of us with all sorts or credits, coal (the Kamikaze no less !), and steel be celebrated for buying everything easy so as to expand our fleets???  Seems you want to have it both ways mate....

Nope:  doesn't count cause there is absolutely no difference....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I have a better idea... let's contemplate what we share in common, over what set us apart, for example:

Bikinx Bañador bikini con estampado floral triángulo con cordón lateral |  Moda de Mujer | SHEIN México

🙂👍
That's a really nice swimming pool.
So, is something swimming in the pool, to the left side of the photo, underneath the Sea-Horse wall decoration?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Yooo its the commander in the next 13.5 pass!

🤣

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That's a really nice swimming pool

Yep, really lovely... swimming pool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yep, really lovely... swimming pool

😉

• Like 1