Yet another MAJOR omission from Wedgie.....

Andrewbassg

Mines don't count as pot dmg......

double-facepalm.jpg?w=640

Mines got tested and tested yet no dev ever realized that they should count as pot dmg.......

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Where are mines present? What major omission has Wedgie ever failed to miss?

• Haha 1

nothing explicitly stated by WG but its still a good point.

although I also wonder if it'd be too easy to abuse for farming potential dmg, since by travelling through one it'd count all the mines in the entire minefield.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Verytis said:

although I also wonder if it'd be too easy to abuse for farming potential dm

Mines are laid down by Cv's ,D day notwithstanding.

6 minutes ago, Verytis said:

since by travelling through one it'd count all the mines in the entire minefield.

Which would be the  devs job to figure  out.

Entering a minefield is a personal risk for many reasons. It should be counted coz is teamplay.

41 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Mines are laid down by Cv's ,D day notwithstanding.

Besides the current D Day op, the only places that use them or have used them recently are the current CB season and last month's Piñata mode.

CVs on WoWS haven’t had mines since WG first tested support CVs in their own separate mode. Back then the US support CVs got mines and the IJN had smoke, but WG gave the US line smoke when they finally started normal live testing. I believe Lesta has mines on their Japanese support CVs, but we don’t have them on WoWS. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Besides the current D Day op, the only places that use them or have used them recently are the current CB season and last month's Piñata mode.

CVs on WoWS haven’t had mines since WG first tested support CVs in their own separate mode. Back then the US support CVs got mines and the IJN had smoke, but WG gave the US line smoke when they finally started normal live testing. I believe Lesta has mines on their Japanese support CVs, but we don’t have them on WoWS. 

There was the bath tub mode which first introduced the concept of mines to World of Warships, though it had those yellow rubber ducks and so on the mines were there as well in the form of the initial concept.

I'm surprised any issues with the mines didn't already come up in testing. Wargaming usually takes testing very seriously and conduct it in a controlled environment. Here we see the mines concept testing in progress.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Here we see the mines concept testing in progress

Kindred soul at 1:38

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

There was the bath tub mode which first introduced the concept of mines to World of Warships, though it had those yellow rubber ducks and so on the mines were there as well in the form of the initial concept.

I'm surprised any issues with the mines didn't already come up in testing. Wargaming usually takes testing very seriously and conduct it in a controlled environment. Here we see the mines concept testing in progress.

Trouble in the Hot Tub: Dead Serious | Choose your rubber ducky

World of Warships PTS || Trouble in Hot Tub || DUCK BATTLE

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Look who i spotted in the wild  giving a helping hand on NA!!!

Weege-in-the-wild2.png

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Weege-in-the-wild.png

Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

Fine. Now think about why that might be the case. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My guess is that it is an oversight or accidental omission.  
If they did think about it, and reject the notion of mines being items that cause potential damage (as well as actual damage), then what do you think their line-of-reasoning was?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Mines don't count as pot dmg......

How would you do that when minefields are the janky horribly implemented procedural generated ouchy-zones with HP that they are? The only thing that is consistent about them for all players is their border and current HP.

They aren't ordinance in the same sense as what is normally tracked as potential damage, so this really shouldn't surprise anyone.

18 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt2EWng1ZUX8PP2hc1L6z

My job is to complain, to help them make the game better Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

How would you do that when minefields are the janky horribly implemented procedural generated ouchy-zones with HP that they are? The only thing that is consistent about them for all players is their border and current HP.

No. Coz you can individually  destroy'em and they don't det all at once. And.....

8 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

They aren't ordinance in the same sense as what is normally tracked as potential damage, so this really shouldn't surprise anyone.

.....yes they are, coz they can  be called in and individually do dmg

Edit: And actually it is quite easy to implement. Once the mine is spotted, it is in range.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

Screenshot_20240601-163509.thumb.png.49afa3d7814f0a86e8da2a1eb8ecd018.png

Precision in language matters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, torino2dc said:

Precision in language matters. 

Yeah, and respectfully, it is. It is a new, separate game mechanic, which is not fully thought out and implemented. Inflict dmg, yet doesn't gives pot dmg.

I mean.......

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

And actually it is quite easy to implement.

How do you know that?

This is like when I said plane only spotting should be minimap only and you went on about how it works like you wrote the code yourself.

This ordinance doesn't act like other ordinance. Specific mines are not in the exact same place for every player like a torpedo, shell, or bomb would be. There is only a vague location (which can be affected for other players via DCs, but it is still vague) of where they might spawn for you within a defined border and defined HP pool. I won't pretend to understand the coding of it like you do, but I at least understand how the fields interact with ships, and that most likely has something to do with this 'MAJOR(it's not actually major) omission'.

Edited by SolitudeFreak

25 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt2EWng1ZUX8PP2hc1L6z

My job is to complain, to help them make the game better Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

DashaPerovaholdingagitgudsign_saved09-15-2022_.jpg.2b269e3630e3cc41d9673f4c43dc769d.jpg  🙂 
Complain "better".  🙂 

• Haha 2

I'm amazed that mines aren't the most boring and rubbish thing they added to CB,even though minefield gameplay in it and the operation is paint-drying levels of fun and intresting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

How do you know that?

This is like when I said plane only spotting should be minimap only and you went on about how it works like you wrote the code yourself.

Because, when I see a problem, I see it as a problem. Which also implies seeking a solution. Whether I'm spot on or not is irrelevant, because i act upon the best information which I have and that includes prior experience, like coding. Knowing the actual code and understanding the logic, are complementary. in fact for every problem,  can be laid down a logical solution, regardless of the actual means (i.e the actual coding language) And then the solution can be adapted to various existing or presumed conditions.

19 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

This ordinance doesn't act like other ordinance. Specific mines are not in the exact same place for every player like a torpedo, shell, or bomb would be. There is only a vague location (which can be affected for other players via DCs, but it is still vague) of where they might spawn for you within a defined border and defined HP pool.

Yes, but that doesn't exclude, neither the problem, nor the solution. Coz spotting them is individual, as is pot dmg.

Edited by Andrewbassg

10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

DashaPerovaholdingagitgudsign_saved09-15-2022_.jpg.2b269e3630e3cc41d9673f4c43dc769d.jpg  🙂 
Complain "better".  🙂 

Yooo .......I just gave a solution. For Free!!! 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Because, when I see a problem, I see it as a problem.

What does that have to do with you knowing how easy something is to implement?

12 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

paint-drying levels of fun and intresting.

Someone here is speaking facts about mines.

I could care less whether the stupid mines make the imaginary damage number go up or not. The fact is that they are annoying. Not fun, dangerous, compelling or interesting. They're literally speed bumps in a parking lot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SolitudeFreak said:

What does that have to do with you knowing how easy something is to implement?

Because, we have a preexisiting condition, a "precedence". When the mines are spotted, they could be considered as being in range . it is MUCH easier to start from there, instead of building a whole new metric for them.

it is actually a quite elegant solution.

1 minute ago, Andrewbassg said:

it is actually a quite elegant solution.

That you literally do not know the difficulty of.

• Like 2

Just now, SolitudeFreak said:

That you literally do not know the difficulty of.

That's true. However, as a player of the game, that's the very best I can do.

• Like 1