Wisconsin gimmick button takes too long to charge up

Subtle_Octavian

You can go an entire game in coop and never get enough to use it.

Sort of a big let down. I think if you are going to use it in coop you have to go for the reload vs accuracy in the last equipment slot, or it will never charge in time to be used...

Combat instructions can be that way. Often there is a reason not to fire, especially on battleships. About the only one where I get it consistently up is Hannover, where the entire premise is to keep hammering any enemy with fast reloading overmatch shells. 

I have been using it for mainly juicy broadsides and it has worked well in Randoms for me so far. Coop can be quite short for its usage

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

You can go an entire game in coop and never get enough to use it.

Sort of a big let down. I think if you are going to use it in coop you have to go for the reload vs accuracy in the last equipment slot, or it will never charge in time to be used...

I think its balanced for Randoms and Comp, and there is works quite well. Its usually loaded by 2-3 salvos which is almost OP.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Switching to reload in the last slot worked out great, it's not that much of a difference in accuracy and you can proc it twice sometimes in coop.

Edited by Subtle_Octavian

Posted (edited)

If you could use Combat Instruction more often, it would either have a limited number of charges or the ship would have to be nerfed in other ways to compensate.

Personally, I just look at it as a nice bonus ability for when you get into an extended fight.  The real gimmick of the ship is it's dispersion rating...that is the real reason this ship is a T10 and worth that rating.

Edited by Jakob Knight

Citadeled wisconsin with Tirpitz yesterday, mediocre

• Like 2

at first I think that Wisconsin also have improved secondaries so when I get it I feel disapointed

On 5/31/2024 at 12:23 PM, Jakob Knight said:

The real gimmick of the ship is it's dispersion rating...that is the real reason this ship is a T10 and worth that rating.

She does seem to shoot unusually well, even with no modules fitted (still sniffing out where her weak spots are and which modules I should prioritize). The big question now is whether to go APR2 in slot six to make it even better. 

If it were easy it would be grossly overpowered.  As it is, it is pretty easy if you're getting spotting.  Her range and accuracy make it easy.

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

She does seem to shoot unusually well, even with no modules fitted (still sniffing out where her weak spots are and which modules I should prioritize). The big question now is whether to go APR2 in slot six to make it even better. 

I believe one of the points that was made about the ship was it used Battlecruiser dispersion instead of Battleship.  My shells have been incredibly clustered with APR2, and in a BB of any sort, that's deadly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

I believe one of the points that was made about the ship was it used Battlecruiser dispersion instead of Battleship.  My shells have been incredibly clustered with APR2, and in a BB of any sort, that's deadly.

With my current Wisconsin build:
Main-gun
~Maximum dispersion 217 m
~Maximum range 23.4 km

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

With my current Wisconsin build:
Main-gun
~Maximum dispersion 217 m
~Maximum range 23.4 km

Yep, if they show side within 15-17km its back to port most of the time...

17 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yep, if they show side within 15-17km its back to port most of the time...

👍