Back in the saddle... now I wanna be your (dog, err wrong Forum) sidekick!

ArIskandir

A quick recap of the story so far:

Spoiler

I unistalled and left the Game after the Forum closure, the Forum was an integral part of my WoWS experience so I felt going on without it would be a diminished experience for me. I'm not prone to settling for a lesser/worse experience when there's a whole world of things to do and explore, so it made sense to move on even when I still had fun playing the game. 

So far my WoWS experience was primarily Solo oriented, I did some Divs but it was a rare thing and only with 2 friends (one of them being my RL best bud), did some CB but any guy from my clan would tell you I was a bit of a ghost (side perk of being an INTJ type). I particularly enjoy playing Support roles, the most rewarding thing for me in the Game is not big numbers or epic battles but helping/supporting other players... being a Solo player of course those opportunities were rather limited, a random dude on a match is not always aware and/or receptive to the support you may provide. 

Time went on an I'm glad to see how the WoWS community has gathered again on Devstrike, I'm thankful to the team that pulled it and made it possible. I was contacted by a fellow Devstrike member and kindly requested to provide some advice on his gameplay, he didn't knew I was 'retired' but that sparked a thought... I reinstalled over this last weekend with a devious plan...

It is my opinion WoWS is a Cooperative game. No matter how much we talk about Solo carrying a match being the non plus ultra experience, the game is designed to cooperate with other players in order to achieve effective synergies and maximize your potential. Many ships by themselves have significant often catastrophic weaknesses, some situations are very difficult to overcome alone by yourself... having a team mate able to support you at the right time can make all the difference on your experience, it can be the all difference between an ignominiously frustrating experience and an exhilarating moment of pure gaming joy. 

Having that in mind, I realized there's still a lot of fun to have in this game by  playing support roles and teaming up with other folks. I can be the Dr. Holmes to your Sherlock, the Robin to your Batman, the Sancho to your Quijote, the Sam to your Frodo... 

I'm coming back to the game with the objective of helping other players enjoy the experience of playing WoWS to the fullest, to support them and have some fun together along the way. I'm renouncing stats, missions, campaigns, shipyards, hoarding, farming, acquiring, achieving and/or whatever other in-game goal in order to focus exclusively on playing support for whoever wants to team up with me. I may indulge in playing some Solo time in order to gain knowledge about a particular ship/mechanic or to hone some particular skill, but for the most part I'll be logging only to play Divs. 

These are the Rules (and rules are meant to be broken):

1. Contact me here on Devtrike or in game if I'm available and we'll settle a time/date. I can play an hour or two a couple nights a week, maybe some time too on Saturday afternoons or Monday mornings. 
  2. We can use the in-game Voice utility for comms, there's no need to go for extra software, Discord, TS, etc. Simple is good. I think voice comms are desirable for a more fluid coordination and also to provide more fluid feedback in case you look for advice/coaching. 
  3. I won't need to complete any task, nor play some specific tier/ship so don't worry about what I want to play... I'm there to support you and help you achieve whatever your goal is. I don't care about stats so there's no performance expectation on my part, feel free to make as many mistakes as you want. Fun is the primary objective. 
  4. Pick your ship, tier and game mode (not Coop please, but I'm game for Ops), let me know if there's a particular role you need me to fulfill, playstyle you favor, hated mechanic you need help against or something you want to practice/learn. I'll be glad to play the part, otherwise I'll select my ship based on what I think will best complement yours.
  5. Don't be a sore loser, don't get overly emotional. This is just a game, it is supposed to be an activity for relaxation and enjoyment. Worse, I'm very bad at processing other's emotions... it may lead to akward situations and me saying something that only makes sense in my head but it is more irritating to you. 
  6. Not only I have a foreign accent, I tend to mumble... I know I may be difficult to understand (even in my own native language) so don't be afraid to ask me to repeat what I said or to be more clear. 
  7. I'm very thick-skinned, I don't get offended easily, even less by some words. Strong language, odd behaviors, strange preferences and weirdness in general is openly accepted without judgement. 
  8. If we pull some interesting plays, you may end up starring a YT video and outed here on Devstrike! 😛 ... unless you be explicit about not wanting that happening. 
  9. I usually don't have too much free time and have a lot of RL things to care about, please don't be offended if I need to cut the session short because I need to do math homework with my daughter or whatever. If I don't like you or I'm not having a good time, I will be explicit about it (but don't worry that basically never happens). My play sessions are usually short, 3-5 matches is common for me, don't be alarmed if I tell you I have to go after an hour or so.
  10. The main objective is to have fun!

That's it. Hope to see you out there folks. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Yeah, we knew you coudln't stay away .. again.  I'm glad you found a comfortable spot for us in your mind.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Back in the saddle... now I wanna be your (dog, err wrong Forum) sidekick!
A quick recap of the story so far:

Hide contents

I unistalled and left the Game after the Forum closure, the Forum was an integral part of my WoWS experience so I felt going on without it would be a diminished experience for me. I'm not prone to settling for a lesser/worse experience when there's a whole world of things to do and explore, so it made sense to move on even when I still had fun playing the game. 

So far my WoWS experience was primarily Solo oriented, I did some Divs but it was a rare thing and only with 2 friends (one of them being my RL best bud), did some CB but any guy from my clan would tell you I was a bit of a ghost (side perk of being an INTJ type). I particularly enjoy playing Support roles, the most rewarding thing for me in the Game is not big numbers or epic battles but helping/supporting other players... being a Solo player of course those opportunities were rather limited, a random dude on a match is not always aware and/or receptive to the support you may provide. 

Time went on an I'm glad to see how the WoWS community has gathered again on Devstrike, I'm thankful to the team that pulled it and made it possible. I was contacted by a fellow Devstrike member and kindly requested to provide some advice on his gameplay, he didn't knew I was 'retired' but that sparked a thought... I reinstalled over this last weekend with a devious plan...

It is my opinion WoWS is a Cooperative game. No matter how much we talk about Solo carrying a match being the non plus ultra experience, the game is designed to cooperate with other players in order to achieve effective synergies and maximize your potential. Many ships by themselves have significant often catastrophic weaknesses, some situations are very difficult to overcome alone by yourself... having a team mate able to support you at the right time can make all the difference on your experience, it can be the all difference between an ignominiously frustrating experience and an exhilarating moment of pure gaming joy. 

Having that in mind, I realized there's still a lot of fun to have in this game by  playing support roles and teaming up with other folks. I can be the Dr. Holmes to your Sherlock, the Robin to your Batman, the Sancho to your Quijote, the Sam to your Frodo... 

I'm coming back to the game with the objective of helping other players enjoy the experience of playing WoWS to the fullest, to support them and have some fun together along the way. I'm renouncing stats, missions, campaigns, shipyards, hoarding, farming, acquiring, achieving and/or whatever other in-game goal in order to focus exclusively on playing support for whoever wants to team up with me. I may indulge in playing some Solo time in order to gain knowledge about a particular ship/mechanic or to hone some particular skill, but for the most part I'll be logging only to play Divs. 

These are the Rules (and rules are meant to be broken):

1. Contact me here on Devtrike or in game if I'm available and we'll settle a time/date. I can play an hour or two a couple nights a week, maybe some time too on Saturday afternoons or Monday mornings. 
  2. We can use the in-game Voice utility for comms, there's no need to go for extra software, Discord, TS, etc. Simple is good. I think voice comms are desirable for a more fluid coordination and also to provide more fluid feedback in case you look for advice/coaching. 
  3. I won't need to complete any task, nor play some specific tier/ship so don't worry about what I want to play... I'm there to support you and help you achieve whatever your goal is. I don't care about stats so there's no performance expectation on my part, feel free to make as many mistakes as you want. Fun is the primary objective. 
  4. Pick your ship, tier and game mode (not Coop please, but I'm game for Ops), let me know if there's a particular role you need me to fulfill, playstyle you favor, hated mechanic you need help against or something you want to practice/learn. I'll be glad to play the part, otherwise I'll select my ship based on what I think will best complement yours.
  5. Don't be a sore loser, don't get overly emotional. This is just a game, it is supposed to be an activity for relaxation and enjoyment. Worse, I'm very bad at processing other's emotions... it may lead to akward situations and me saying something that only makes sense in my head but it is more irritating to you. 
  6. Not only I have a foreign accent, I tend to mumble... I know I may be difficult to understand (even in my own native language) so don't be afraid to ask me to repeat what I said or to be more clear. 
  7. I'm very thick-skinned, I don't get offended easily, even less by some words. Strong language, odd behaviors, strange preferences and weirdness in general is openly accepted without judgement. 
  8. If we pull some interesting plays, you may end up starring a YT video and outed here on Devstrike! 😛 ... unless you be explicit about not wanting that happening. 
  9. I usually don't have too much free time and have a lot of RL things to care about, please don't be offended if I need to cut the session short because I need to do math homework with my daughter or whatever. If I don't like you or I'm not having a good time, I will be explicit about it (but don't worry that basically never happens). My play sessions are usually short, 3-5 matches is common for me, don't be alarmed if I tell you I have to go after an hour or so.
  10. The main objective is to have fun!

That's it. Hope to see you out there folks. 

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Wanna Be Your Dog (Official Audio)

Welcome back @ArIskandir🙂 

Welcome Back, Kotter Theme (Intro & Outro)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, we knew you coudln't stay away .. again.  I'm glad you found a comfortable spot for us in your mind.

Yeah, for some reason the moment I decided to come back, Iggy Pop started singing in my head...

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Wanna Be Your Dog (Official Audio)

Nice cover. A lot of people has made covers of this song, but it will forever belong to Iggy Pop

Spoiler

Warning: Don't watch this video if you are offended by nudity... of the wrong kind.

These are the lyrics btw, sometimes I feel they talk about my interactions with WoWS 🤣

Spoiler
So messed up, I want you here
In my room, I want you here
Now we're gonna be face-to-face
And I'll lay right down in my favorite place
And now I wanna be your dog
Well, come on
And now I'm ready to close my eyes
And now I'm ready to close my mind
And now I'm ready to feel your hand
And lose my heart on the burning sands
Well, come on
Woo
Uh

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Yeah, for some reason the moment I decided to come back, Iggy Pop started singing in my head...

Not so much.  This

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Having that in mind, I realized there's still a lot of fun to have in this game

Yes 🙂.  We, (by) now know where Wedgie stands, but thankfully, we don't have many( if any!!) contacts with the "other" side. And as I said many times, we are here for the "good  stuff".

Speaking of which ...... try D day ops with a BBaBBie and throw some helping hand to some poor sob with ur DC to clear some mines .....

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm down to sail sometime! My in game name is the same as my forum one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

It is my opinion WoWS is a Cooperative game. No matter how much we talk about Solo carrying a match being the non plus ultra experience, the game is designed to cooperate with other players in order to achieve effective synergies and maximize your potential.

^^^THIS^^^

15 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm coming back to the game with the objective of helping other players enjoy the experience of playing WoWS to the fullest, to support them and have some fun together along the way.

Bravo.jpg.5447b6d339307793e27ce31617d848ae.jpg

WoWs needs a BIG DOSE of this type of attitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Speaking of which ...... try D day ops with a BBaBBie and throw some helping hand to some poor sob with ur DC to clear some mines .....

I actually played a Support Monaghan for a BB in one run. Cleared minefields, screened E- boats and planes, but I'm not sure the BB realized what was going on... But he looked happy so I'm counting it as mission completed 🙂

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 3

On 5/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, ArIskandir said:

I may indulge in playing some Solo time in order to gain knowledge about a particular ship/mechanic or to hone some particular skill, but for the most part I'll be logging only to play Divs.

Divving with me right now would probably be bad, or I might ask. Lately the MM luck I get is amazingly cursed, doing these dockyard missions is just suffering. I wouldn't want to drag someone else down with me lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Divving with me right now would probably be bad, or I might ask. Lately the MM luck I get is amazingly cursed, doing these dockyard missions is just suffering. I wouldn't want to drag someone else down with me lol.

That's preciselly when a Sidekick comes more handy. Smoke screen on demand, reliable spotting, effective meatshield... All can shorten your suffering... And as I said I don't care about stats anymore so MM has no longer power over My enjoyment.

• Like 4