Amazed as always

Wulf_Ace

1% chance to get Rodney

750 doublons per container

yeah lets just throw money at WG betting company, beacouse for sure they are not gaming company.

gonna use my money on lottery ticket today, better chances there to win!

Frustrated as hell with this offer.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

I agree very much. All three of the new ships from the D-Day event are interesting, and I was hoping for a reasonable chance to acquire one of them. A mission, or some combination of resources...anything like that would have been fine with me. Instead, they hide them behind these silly low-chance loot boxes. Another bad move by WG.

***Addition***  Okay, just to clarify, the loot boxes aren't the only way to acquire the new ships. Anyone can go the premium shop and buy them for cash. For those of you that open your wallets, that's great (enjoy your new ships). But even this makes one wonder. If WG was going to sell them for cash, why bother with the whole loot-box thing?

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 2

Main reason why I don't give anything to WG anymore since long now. And it'll last a bit...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I agree very much. All three of the new ships from the D-Day event are interesting, and I was hoping for a reasonable chance to acquire one of them. A mission, or some combination of resources...anything like that would have been fine with me. Instead, they hide them behind these silly low-chance loot boxes. Another bad move by WG.

this is low even for WG

• Like 1

4% for a ship, no? 

Still rubbish chances. Lootboxes just keep getting worse, but I suspect some people still buy them, otherwise WG would have chaged course at some point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itwastuesday said:

but I suspect some people still buy them, otherwise WG would have chaged course at some point. 

Indeed.
And we should thank these milky cows who pay for us to keep the game free. 👋 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldblackdog said:

***Addition***  Okay, just to clarify, the loot boxes aren't the only way to acquire the new ships. Anyone can go the premium shop and buy them for cash. For those of you that open your wallets, that's great (enjoy your new ships). But even this makes one wonder. If WG was going to sell them for cash, why bother with the whole loot-box thing?

It depends, what it exactly depends on I'd say is how many of those 750 doubloon containers would people be prepared to buy on average.

You can buy them outright for doubloons or they will be available for Doubloons soon. 

• Like 1

To add insult to injury, WG devalues these containers by adding their completely worthless permacamos (at a 40% chance to boot!) and rewarding ships already in port with 19K free XP (which is basically nothing) rather than gold (as it used to be) or at least credits.

I don't want to believe that people are actually stupid enough to buy these containers, but then again Einstein got it right about infinite things...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.7157dbbcee20c2397999efaf902e36cf.png

Available for sale outright, no gambling required.

WG is currently giving away WV44 for free to those who didn't already have her, and Wisconsin for free to those who already did. How much more generous did you want them to be at this time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Bored 3

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

generous 

1, These containers cost money, and they're far from a "generous" offer.

2, If some service is free it means you are the product. 

2 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

1, These containers cost money, and they're far from a "generous" offer.

2, If some service is free it means you are the product. 

1. You missed the point of what I was saying. Someone upthread had hoped that one of the new ships would be offered as a winnable prize. I am replying that WG is already offering two of those at the moment, and asking for more might be asking too much. 

2. I'm playing the game because I enjoy it. Why are you playing the game?

• Like 2

Rich people can afford these things.

That's the business model. Whales keep the lights on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

1. You missed the point of what I was saying. Someone upthread had hoped that one of the new ships would be offered as a winnable prize. I am replying that WG is already offering two of those at the moment, and asking for more might be asking too much. 

2. I'm playing the game because I enjoy it. Why are you playing the game?

From customer point of view some unrelated event doesn't factor in into if something is worth paying for or not. 

Why you play doesn't matter to WG at all. 

I'm probably being slow: why are people upset with WG this time? They've put the desirable ships on direct sale, so one can avoid the loot boxes entirely, and still get hold of said ships...

I'll probably pick up Orion and Plonker when I have a few minutes over the weekend, assuming the prices up here are sensible (I haven't checked, but if they're there or thereabouts...).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm probably being slow: why are people upset with WG this time? They've put the desirable ships on direct sale, so one can avoid the loot boxes entirely, and still get hold of said ships...

I'll probably pick up Orion and Plonker when I have a few minutes over the weekend, assuming the prices up here are sensible (I haven't checked, but if they're there or thereabouts...).

I think we can put this down to miscommunication.

Though I think these maybe stay in storage.

image.jpeg.c8a261654a00adf2bf8716232427be94.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm probably being slow: why are people upset with WG this time?

Because people who are fond of jumping in to accuse WG jumped in to accuse them again, this time of locking the new ships behind lootboxes without ascertaining all the facts.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Available for sale outright, no gambling required.

As I noted in my original post.

46 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

How much more generous did you want them to be at this time?

I wasn't questioning their generosity. I was wondering why WG persists in using a mechanism (loot boxes) that is unpopular with so many players.

35 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Someone upthread had hoped that one of the new ships would be offered as a winnable prize.

Yes, just as they have for so many other ships. 

37 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

...and asking for more might be asking too much.

I'm just asking for WG to stop doing stupid things, like loot boxes. That's not "too much"....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I mean, I’m “upset” (not really, but definitely disappointed) that Rodney was put in as another tier VII UK BB rather than at tier VIII, where she would better stand out from the crowd (especially with Nelson and Collingwood already existing at tier VII). But yeah, having the ships available for direct sale is a good move by WG. It’s hard to complain about the structure of this event.

• Like 3

There are good reasons not to like loot boxes. Obviously, direct sale is a much more above board approach to this.

• Like 2

Don’t like loot boxes, don’t buy them. Simple as that. You can those ships outright or don’t get them if you can’t afford them.  
Im starting to think that most of the hate loot boxes get is from players without the financial means to participate. Hence, they can’t afford them so WG is bad.  

4 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

Cause you might get them for a lot less than store price, so the allure of maybe getting them for very little will get a decent number of people to try their luck. But once you've spent a decent amount of money, a lot of people get gambler's fallacy and think that they should get the thing they want soon (in reality the only floor for that is whatever pity system, not the feelings we have). Technically, the pity system guarantees you a ship after 50 boxes...but at 750 doubloons (even discounted that many boxes will be way more than the price of any one ship) each that is a lot of money.

Sometimes me and some of my friends get a box for the hell of it, we've been calling the token box the 'shill box' for awhile now lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Im starting to think that most of the hate loot boxes get is from players without the financial means to participate.

Ummm...no....not in my case, anyway. My dislike of loot boxes is because they're (usually) a very bad deal, and a very bad way to spend money on the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Ummm...no....not in my case, anyway. My dislike of loot boxes is because they're (usually) a very bad deal, and a very bad way to spend money on the game. 

If they were a good way, we wouldn't have them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I enjoy loot boxes. You think it’s a bad deal untill you pull a ship from the first one.  People calling it gambling are just mental. Gambling you get nothing if you loose. At least with loot boxes you get something.  

• Bored 1