If Our Captains Could Talk... again.

Ensign Cthulhu

Senior Medical Officer's Personal Log, 12 February 2024.

Fleet Command forwarded me the recommendation from 'Rica Greenhill not to hire that pirate lass. Professional assessment: she thinks Fleet Admiral Kelly has a roving eye and will ditch her in favour of a cute little bit of pirate skirt. This is a tiny bit hypocritical coming from someone who earnestly offered to kiss me in exchange for keeping the gritty details of her love-life under professional wraps! Quite aside from stepping over the lines of the doctor-patient relationship, it would be really unfair on poor old Matilda, who can't help being posted to the opposite end of the Earth with only occasional liaison visits to keep in touch with her belle.

I'm going to have a word with her about it - at least see if I can bring (what I think is) the real motivation to the surface.

Amelia. 

• Thanks 1

The scene is the personal quarters of Amelia Watson, Chief Medical Officer of the Port. Adjutant of the Port Frederica Greenhill-Kelly has just stormed in and slammed the door behind her.

AW: I take it you're here about the recruiting thing? I was just about to invite you for a...

FGK (yelling): You goddamn bet I'm here about the recruiting thing! Do you know what I found in my mailbox this morning?

AW: From the tone of your voice, it was nothing pleasant. 

FGK (outraged): It was a love letter from Matilda. And in it...

AW: 'Matilda'? What happened to 'Tilly'?

FGK (pulls letter out): This ****ing happened to Tilly! Right here where my finger is!

AW (quietly horrified): She called you Houshou? 

FGK: You ****ing bet she did! You've heard of guys accidentally calling their new girlfriends by the last one's name? Bloody Matilda's calling me by the name of my replacement, the ****ing piratical tramp! I wouldn't be surprised if she fed her name to the recruiting department in the first place! Get her piece of skirt into the service, ON OUR PAYROLL, and flirt with her behind my back, will she? [disgusted snort] I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only girl in this service Tilly's married to!

AW: What are you going to do about it?

FGK: Send her a photograph of this page with the telling evidence circled in red lipstick. And send her my wedding band back. She can flirt with her cute little mini-me all she likes then, but she'll have to do it outside the bounds of this Fleet. Oh, and I'm going to send another to Fleet Command. They need to know exactly why Captain Marine was recommended to us.

AW: If you think you'll get Fleet Admiral Kelly sacked, think again. She's too senior to dismiss, and you know it.

FGK: Yeah, I know. But there won't be any more shenanigans, and that hire will be scotched for good. Whatever goes on Down Under can stay there from now on. I'm going to pop over to the French base, see if some escargots and champagne mixed with some Gallic charm won't make me feel a bit better.

AW: Oh you mean like, "Hey baby, is that a baguette in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

FGK (laughing): Something like that. Do me a favour, will you? Change my name back in the records. I'm plain old Frederica Greenhill again from now on, but I'm not allowed to alter my own file.

AW: Will do. Good luck with the snail munchers.

FG: Thanks. If it doesn't work out, can I....

AW: Uh-uh. Doctor-patient relationship, remember? You'd have to find someone else to be your physician, and the only other one qualified is that Von Roth creep.

FG (shudders): No, thanks. I'd rather have that Japanese robot dolphin do my annual checkups than have him probing my nethers. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent and proving I'm sane. I'll be back on deck tomorrow.

AW: You're welcome. See you round.

• Like 1

Hololive production:  "Last Call!" collaboration event ends in 2 days, 5 hours and 26 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Personal Log    April 7th., 2024    

The I-56 has been repeatedly sortied into the Piñata Hunt zone.

The Alpha confided in me that while the I-56 wasn't the only Piñata Hunt participant in our fleet, the reason for sending the largest and most detectable Submarine type in existence was merely a whim on his part.
In a way, this makes sense, given that the mode is whimsical in nature.

Our performance has varied, spread over the course of multiple battles during the past few days, but we've "gone out with a bang".
Although we didn't only attack the Piñata in our last battle, the red-team Musashi evaded the torpedo salvo we aimed at them.  Thus our only hits were scored upon the M.Richthofen which was playing the role of the Piñata.
At least there were a lot of hits, specifically 21 torpedo hits and 30 deck-gun hits.  The torpedoes also caused two floodings.
The M. Richthofen responded with secondary-battery guns and aerial attacks.  
They eventually sank us when both our hulls neared the "finish line" of the prescribed path which the Piñata was required to follow.
Still, "we gave better than we got" by causing them 137,152 points of damage.

I've been informed that we accomplished the goal (of completing a 4,800 BaseXP mission for a reward of 300 Piñata Tokens) set for us by the Alpha and can now take a break.

The I-56 is undergoing routine inspections and maintenance at a leisurely pace while the crew is enjoying a "holiday" duty schedule which affords plenty of rest & relaxation time.

For my own part, I have splurged to have the local "Maid Café" prepare and deliver a banana-split sundae to me.  
It's good to be the Captain.

The watch-stander-of-the-hour has informed me they've sighted a Maid riding a bicycle towards us.  
It's time end this log entry, grab a root-beer from my personal stash and meet her on-deck.

"In service of the Port!"

Signed,
Kaigun Chūjo Iona
Capain of the I-56 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 10:02 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The scene is the personal quarters of Amelia Watson, Chief Medical Officer of the Port. Adjutant of the Port Frederica Greenhill-Kelly has just stormed in and slammed the door behind her.

AW: I take it you're here about the recruiting thing? I was just about to invite you for a...

FGK (yelling): You goddamn bet I'm here about the recruiting thing! Do you know what I found in my mailbox this morning?

AW: From the tone of your voice, it was nothing pleasant. 

FGK (outraged): It was a love letter from Matilda. And in it...

AW: 'Matilda'? What happened to 'Tilly'?

FGK (pulls letter out): This ****ing happened to Tilly! Right here where my finger is!

AW (quietly horrified): She called you Houshou? 

FGK: You ****ing bet she did! You've heard of guys accidentally calling their new girlfriends by the last one's name? Bloody Matilda's calling me by the name of my replacement, the ****ing piratical tramp! I wouldn't be surprised if she fed her name to the recruiting department in the first place! Get her piece of skirt into the service, ON OUR PAYROLL, and flirt with her behind my back, will she? [disgusted snort] I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only girl in this service Tilly's married to!

AW: What are you going to do about it?

FGK: Send her a photograph of this page with the telling evidence circled in red lipstick. And send her my wedding band back. She can flirt with her cute little mini-me all she likes then, but she'll have to do it outside the bounds of this Fleet. Oh, and I'm going to send another to Fleet Command. They need to know exactly why Captain Marine was recommended to us.

AW: If you think you'll get Fleet Admiral Kelly sacked, think again. She's too senior to dismiss, and you know it.

FGK: Yeah, I know. But there won't be any more shenanigans, and that hire will be scotched for good. Whatever goes on Down Under can stay there from now on. I'm going to pop over to the French base, see if some escargots and champagne mixed with some Gallic charm won't make me feel a bit better.

AW: Oh you mean like, "Hey baby, is that a baguette in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

FGK (laughing): Something like that. Do me a favour, will you? Change my name back in the records. I'm plain old Frederica Greenhill again from now on, but I'm not allowed to alter my own file.

AW: Will do. Good luck with the snail munchers.

FG: Thanks. If it doesn't work out, can I....

AW: Uh-uh. Doctor-patient relationship, remember? You'd have to find someone else to be your physician, and the only other one qualified is that Von Roth creep.

FG (shudders): No, thanks. I'd rather have that Japanese robot dolphin do my annual checkups than have him probing my nethers. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent and proving I'm sane. I'll be back on deck tomorrow.

AW: You're welcome. See you round.

While I have "mixed feelings" about the "drama", the "something nice" (instead of saying nothing at all) that I can say with heartfelt enthusiasm is that this was well written. 
For that, "Good on'ya", @Ensign Cthulhu.  🙂 

Be it known throughout the world,
that the vessels I-56 and Iwami, and their crews, are bestowed recognition and rewards for honorable service during participation and completion of Piñata Hunt event mission tasks #12 and #13, which were to earn 4,800 BaseXP and 5,600 BaseXP, respectively.

Thus, the I-56 and the Iwami are hereby authorized to fly the "Piñata Flag" and use the "Licorice Swirl" permanently linked camouflages at the Captain's discretion.

In addition, the crews will be issued commemorative "Party Hats"
which share the appearance of the camouflage.  
As the camouflages are permanent in nature, the hats will be constructed from durable materials to withstand use during battle conditions.

Appropriate notations of these authorizations to wear a special uniform item shall be made in each crewmember's personnel file.

The Captain's of the I-56 and the Iwami shall have discretion over when the crew shall wear Party Hats as part of their "uniform of the day".

By my voice this is decreed, by my hand it is written and by my will this is supported.

Signed,
Wolfswetpaws
Alpha of the Port

6dee4faa-eb7d-11ee-b4e5-b49691e6ead0.jpg 
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/pinata-hunt/

latest?cb=20130824105005&f=1&nofb=1&ipt= ARP Iona, Captain of the I-56

image_2024-04-08_233306582.png.741501e17ecbe73c8f035bd2932d6029.png ARP Musashi, Captain of the Iwami

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

[Narrator]  Adjutant of the Port, Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.) strides into the Alpha of the Port's office with a smile and says ...

[Shirakami]  Aaarrrrphaaaa.  The Andalucía has completed stage #14 of the Piñata Hunt mission chain, named "Llama Bank", by earning most of the 5,600 BaseXP needed.  The V. Cuniberti performed the first sortie, earning 735 BaseXP.  And the Andalucía earned the remaining amount with six sorties.

[Alpha of the Port, Wolfswetpaws]  That is excellent news!  Draw-up the appropriate paperwork to authorize "Party Hats" for the crews of both ships.  
I've just completed the exchange of Piñata Hunt event tokens to acquire a third Licorice Swirl permanent camouflage, which shall be assigned to the Andalucía.

[Shirakami]  Which leaves the one "Cotton Candy" permanent camouflage remaining in our inventory for future use.

[Wolfswetpaws]  Yes.  Someday, a lucky ship will glow as much as the ARP Hiei.

[Shirakami]  ::: Giggles :::

[Wolfswetpaws]  I was reviewing the moving-pictures record of the Vittorio Cuniberti's battle, and would like to discuss the recently installed range increases of the ship's torpedoes and guns with Capitano di Vascello Dasha Perova.

[Shirakami]  Hai, hai, Arpha.  I'll send a courier with orders for her to report to you.

[Wolfswetpaws]  Very well.  Is there anything else?

[Shirakami]  The Piñata Hunt event ends in six hours.  So, I'm changing our Fleet's assignments to focus on the Commonwealth Cruiser event missions.  With the recent arrival of five ships, including the Delhi and the Hobart, we now meet the participation pre-requisites.

[Wolfswetpaws]  Good thinking.  I'm curious to see them in action.

[Shirakami]  The missions continue for the next 35 days.  Plenty of time for some action, and perhaps to research the next ship in the line.

[Wolfswetpaws]  Wonderful.  If there's nothing further, then 'Carry on'.

[Shirakami]  Aaye-ayye, Arpha.  Carrying on.

[Narrator]  The scene fades as the Adjudant exits the office in high spirits.

6df421fa-eb7d-11ee-a2f9-b49691e6ead0.jpg 

800px-ARP_Hiei_wows_main.jpg 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Personal Log  April 9th., 2024    

I've decided to splurge 9 million credits for the Mint Gumdrops permanent camouflage for the Vittorio Cuniberti.
No regrets.

~Wolfswetpaws

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:01 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Personal Log  April 9th., 2024    

I've decided to splurge 9 million credits for the Mint Gumdrops permanent camouflage for the Vittorio Cuniberti.
No regrets.

~Wolfswetpaws

???

(Somewhat differently...)

Dear Diary; April 9-10th, 2024.

Decided to torture myself for two days.

Unable to resist Bunny Rabbits 'Dumpling' perma camo.

Spammed Piñata Hunt in Velos to gain the Piñata Points necessary to purchase said camo from the Armory.

Was reminded again and again of all the things that make me absolutely HATE PvP modes.

-Captain of the Estimated Prophet

PS:Got the camo.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
added line. typo.
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:47 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

[Shirakami]  The missions continue for the next 35 days.  Plenty of time for some action, and perhaps to research the next ship in the line.

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/40-if-our-captains-could-talk-again/?do=findComment&comment=46420

Well, it seems I was a bit mistaken.
The ability to obtain more Commonwealth Cruiser event tokens ended the other day, when the game updated from version 13.2 to 13.3.
With 13.3 there are no missions available to obtain Commonwealth event tokens.
There are premium containers available in the Armory, which offer small amounts of tokens.  But the return-on-investment doesn't appeal, to me.

So, I don't have enough tokens to exchange for the next ship, namely the Uganda, in the early-access carousel.
Hmmm.
Well, I spent 20 tokens on four bundles of Signal-Flags and now have 440 tokens remaining.  
I could get some camouflages.  But, I already have two of each of the camouflages being offered.
It seems to me that the best use of my available tokens to simply exchange them for credits.  
The exchange rate is 7,500 credits for each event token.  So, 3,300,000 credits.

:::  Le sigh.  :::

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[Narrator]  The scene is the street adjacent to the docks used by the Japanese contingent of ships in the Fleet of the Port.  Kaigun Daisa Taro Sato, Captain of the Fuso, and Kaigun Chūjo Maron Yanagiwara, Captain of the Nagato, have arrived at an intersection nearly simultaneously.

[Sato]  ::: offering a salute while saying :::  Ohaio, Kaigun Chūjo Yanagiwara.  

[Yanagiwara] ::: returning the salute :::  Ohaio, Kagun Daisa Sato.  Are you heading to the Administration Building, as well?

[Sato] ::: ending salute :::  Hai.  It has been so long since the Fuso has sortied into a battle zone, I decided to turn-in my after-action report and casually swing-by the Adjutants office to thank her personally for the opportunity.  If she's not too busy, of course.

[Yanagiwara]  My sentiments are similar to your own.  What a coincidence, eh?*

[Sato]  Indeed.  And, now that you mention it, this is the first time in a long while that both the Nagato and the Fuso have sortied back-to-back and on the same day.  At least, as far as I can remember.

[Yanagiwara]  Yes.  And, when we returned to port, some of the European crews were playfully teasing us for taking-up a slot in the battle schedule that they could have used to fulfill their missions.

[Sato]  Oh!  That's right!  You sortied first and returned to port before we did.  Yet, I wonder why we're both here at the same time?

[Yanagiwara]  Well, my caligraphy is out of practice and I had to re-write my report a couple of times.  I trust you'll keep this just between us, eh?

[Sato]  You can count on me.  Also, that reminds me to shop for a new inkstone on my way back to the ship.

[Yanagiwara]  My caligraphy kit has seen better days, since I first bought it from the High School Fleet store.  I shall accompany you and consult your expertise.

[Sato]  Two amazing opportunities in one day!  I am a lucky man!

[Both of them]  ::: sharing laughter :::  

[Yanagiwara]  To the Admin building and shopping!

[Narrator]  Together they share a pleasant walk together to turn-in their reports and schmooze their Adjutant.  All the while, "In service of the Port!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nagato
Strait - Asymmetric Batte - Standard, Battle start time:  16:04.2024  09:35

Victory!  All enemy warships destroyed.

166,308 credits,  3760 XP,  460 FreeXP
Battle performance
138,245 damage points
35 main-gun hits
16 aircraft shot-down
2 incapacitations inflicted
5 ships sunk
5 citadel hits scored
124 secondary battery hits
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuso
New Dawn - Asymmetric Battle - Standard, Battle start time:  16.04.2024  09:47

Victory!  Our team completed the mission.

209,884 credits, 4141 XP, 505 FreeXP
Battle Performance
134,110 damage points
83 main-gun hits
9 incapacitations inflicted
6 ships sunk
8 fires set
1 citadel hit
11 secondary battery hits
6 ships spotted
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Not entirely a coincidence. 
I was inspired to play both ships after reading some posts in another topic. 
🙂 
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/3590-champagne-the-ship-that-i-didnt-know-it-even-existed-until-i-got-it-from-a-super-container/?do=findComment&comment=47521

Edited to tag @Nevermore135

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

To:  Kapitan marynarki 'Master of the Seven Seas' (Reserve Barracks)

Subject:  Temporary assignment

Kapitan marynarki(*) 'Master of the Seven Seas',

Enclosed are a set of "Borrow your boat" orders to take temporary command of
the good ship Stord '43.

Fenrik Inge Iversen, currently assigned as her Captain, will be your 'host' and
provide any familiarization information necessary for this assignment.

You will be sortied into battle zones with the objective of completing a
"Get 20 'defended', 'captured' or 'assisted in capture' ribbons" mission.

Upon completion of the mission report to my office within the Aministration Building for debriefing.

In service of the Port!

Signed,
Fubuki Shirakami
Adjutant

P.S.  (*)  Because of your pre-exiting affinity for the Tier-1 Gryf, the Polish rank nomenclature is being utilized.

[Kapitan marynarki 'Master of the Seven Seas']  ::: standing before the Adjutant's desk :::  Reporting as ordered, Adjutant Shirakami.  Mission accomplished.

[Adjutant of the Port Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.)]  Well done, Kapitan marynarki.  Have a seat and we'll begin the debriefing.   ::: gestures to a chair :::

[Narrator]  The scene fades as the two of them discuss the fifteen sorties recently undertaken by the Stord '43.

To:  All Italian category ships of Tier-5 and higher.

Subject:  Readiness to sortie.

Until further notice, be in readiness to sortie into battle zones to accomplish mission tasks.
This supercedes any prior perimeter patrol commitments. 
Other ships will be assigned to cover your patrols.

In service of the Port!

Signed,
Tenente di Vascello Aurora Di Natale
Perimeter Patrol Command, Officer of the Day

You can play tier III - X on the Italian missions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

You can play tier III - X on the Italian missions.

Thanks.  I'll have to give them some play-time, too.  🙂 

• Like 1

From:  Sottotenente di Vascello Francesco Torre, Captain of the Nazario Sauro

To:  Perimeter Patrol Command
CC:  Adjutant of the Port Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.)

Subject:  After-action report.

Upon receiving last-minute notification to sortie, the Nazario Sauro sailed to
our assigned coordinates within the Co-op battle zone.

At the appointed time, we exchanged convivial greetings with our teammates and
sailed ahead at full steam.

The battle was lively.  We maneuvered to the limits of our hull.
At one point, my helmsman reported, "An island attempted to sink us with an avalanche!"
However, my navigator disputes that claim.
Personally, I'm going with the navigator on this one.

Meanwhile, our gun and torpedo crews were kept busy.

Summary results are as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ring - Co-op Battle.  Battle start time:  17.04.2024  18:34

Victory!  All enemy warships destroyed.

67,688 credits,  952 XP,  124 FreeXP, 372 BaseXP
59,958 units of damage dealt
48 main-gun hits
11 torpedo hits
5 ships sunk (Nassau, Taranto, D. Aligieri, Friant, Duguay-Trouin)
1 fire set
2 floodings caused
1 area captured
2 ships spotted

Last, but "not least", we earned the top spot on the Leader-board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The ship remained afloat and sustained 7479 units of damage.
Repairs should be completed soon.

The crew morale is high.  
I've scheduled a medical evaluation of our helmsman.
Meantime, a relief helmsman has taken over.

Thus, the Nazario Sauro stands ready for continued action at your discretion,
"In service of the Port!".

Signed,
Francesco Torre
Captain of the N. Sauro

=============================================

Tagging @Justin_Simpleton  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

Personal Log    April 17th., 2024  20:17 Hours    

It was nice to see the Italian ships & crews enthusiastically complete the first task of
the "Legendary Defender" mission chain.

The participating ships were the N. Sauro, Taranto, Turbine, Guissano, D.Alighieri, Maestrale and the Genova.
The D. Alighieri being the ship that figuratively crossed the finish-line for the task to earn 2,100 BaseXP.

Commander Popeye happened to be in my office and I asked him if he'd misplaced a can of spinach, because the crew of the Nazario Sauro opened up such a huge can of whoop-aft.
He replied, "Nope.  They did that all on their own.  Haheheheheheheheh."

Next is the task to get 250 main-battery hits ribbons.

Let's see what sort of spicey meat-a-balls get served-up, eh?

Signed,
 @Wolfswetpaws

From:  Capitano di Fregata Sairus Guerrero, Liason Officer - Italian Contingent

To:  Adjutant of the Port Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.)

Subject:  Mission accomplished

Gensui Kaigun Taishō Shirakami,

I'm pleased to report that "Task 3" of the "Legendary Defender" mission-chain, to score 650,000 units of damage, has been completed.

As you know, the mission requirements allowed only Italian ships, from Tier-3 through Tier-10 & 'Superships', to participate.

While the sortie scheduler was initially unaware of the Tier-3 and Tier-4 ship eligibility, eventually they were properly apprised of the mission criteria and all qualifying ships were given a chance to contribute.

Namely, the N. Sauro, Tarranto, Turbine, Guissano, D. Alighieri, Maestrale, Genova, Montecuccoli, Cavour, Aviere, Leone, Duca D'Aosta, Trento, Andrea Doria, FR25, L. Targio, Zara, F. Caracciolo, V. Cuniberti, Amalfi, AL Littorio, Brindisi, Napoli and Venizia.

Next on the agenda is "Task 4", which is "Get 28 Incapacitations ribbons".

Based upon my observations, the ships are in excellent condition and the crew's morale is vigorously positive.

Thusly, I bid you 'goodnight' while "In service of the Port!"

Signed,
Sairus Guerrero

Personal Log    April 19th., 2024        

The Italian contingent came through, today.

While the "batting-order" of ships played was altered somewhat, because I was participating in a division during @Lord_Zath's Twitch stream, the good ships and their crews scored the 28 incapacitation ribbons needed to complete the Legendary Defender mission-chain.

As a final reward, we welcomed Commander Marco Materazzi to the Port.

He's currently aboard the frieghter named "Ling's Basket" which departed from Shipbuilder's City a short while ago and should arrive before midnight.

Signed,
Wolfswetpaws

• Like 1

To:  All Italian contingent ships in the Fleet of the Port

Subject:  Escort assignment.

You've all performed wonderfully and with enthusiasm.

The result of your efforts is a newly recruited Commander, named Marco Materazzi.
He's currently aboard a regular visitor to our Port, namely the freighter "Ling's Basket".

Despite her appearances as a Pan-Asian Junk class vessel, the Ling's Basket can move along nicely.
Thus, I'm sending you out now, to rendezvous with the Ling's Basket near the perimeter line and escort her in.

While you're at sea, the Entertainment Committee will be preparing a Port-wide celebration, which will kick-off upon your safe return.

Until then, "Fair winds and following seas!"

Signed,
Wolfswetpaws
Alpha of the Port

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 4:54 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Personal Log    April 19th., 2024        

The Italian contingent came through, today.

While the "batting-order" of ships played was altered somewhat, because I was participating in a division during @Lord_Zath's Twitch stream, the good ships and their crews scored the 28 incapacitation ribbons needed to complete the Legendary Defender mission-chain.

As a final reward, we welcomed Commander Marco Materazzi to the Port.

He's currently aboard the frieghter named "Ling's Basket" which departed from Shipbuilder's City a short while ago and should arrive before midnight.

Signed,
Wolfswetpaws

Congrats 🙂

• Thanks 1

The scene is the office of FREDERICA GREENHILL, Adjutant of the Port. Konteradmiral Jakob Richter, O/C KMS AUGUST VON PARSEVAL walks in, salutes her and flops exhaustedly into a chair. 

JR: Thank f*** that's over.

FG: (seating herself): You certainly took long enough. 

JR: It felt like an eternity. How long was it, actually?

FG: In exact figures? Let's see. *shuffles papers.* Ah, here we go; you took command on October sixteenth... twenty twenty. Three years, six and a half months. How does it feel to be done?

JR: *sits up* I thought I had already made my feelings of relief quite clear. Where do you keep your schnapps?

FG: Not in this office. You want to get smashed? Do it in the Officers' Club. If you're so relieved, why aren't you dancing and happy?

JR: Because I know how much remains to be done now that the Richthofen is in port. The improved air group needs to be worked up, for one. Ah... they are going to give me command of her, aren't they? Or am I going to be one of those unfortunates who gets to rot in the second-last ship because they need its services so badly that they can't afford to let her commander move up?

FG: They were contemplating giving her to the Weser's captain since you took so long to get your job done, but your gallant performance in closing out the research process softened their hearts. You're here because I called you in to sign the transfer papers, not so you could swear at me and drink my booze. Here. Sign.

JR (signing papers): *death glare*

FG: Have you made a decision on a Port Captain for the Parseval yet? 

JR: No. I assume that she won't be going out much, so I can put an ensign in her or find somebody relatively minor. 

FG: Good. Let me know what you decide so I can tidy the paperwork up, or if you can't decide then let me know and I'll take care of it myself. By the way, since you're so exhausted, Fleet Command told me to let you know that you can take a break. The main aim was to have your new ship in port before the Anniversary celebrations, and you've cleared that goal by a country mile. That, plus the Exchequer would rather put silver toward new ships than carrier upgrades right now. Yes, we're flush, but we have some expensive purchases coming and we would like a healthy reserve when we've finished making them. Is there anything else? No? Have a good day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You're here because I called you in to sign the transfer papers, not so you could swear at me and drink my booze. Here. Sign.

LOL  😄 

Personal Log    05-02-2024  23:00 Hours     
As a reward for completing stage 19 of the (20 stage) "Golden Week" battle-pass, with the "paid track" included, I welcomed Commander Ashikaga Teru (10 skill points and a pre-existing affinity for the Hashidate) along with 750 units of steel.
I'm looking forward to hearing her "unique voiceover".

Because there is a "V.E.-Day" mission simultaneously happening with the Golden Week missions, it was the Jean Bart and her crew which actually completed the "Chrysanthemum In Blossom" task of getting 25,000 BaseXP, which in turn rewarded us with 20 Golden Week points and put us 10 points beyond the Stage 19 threshold.

Following that effort, which involved Tier-8/9/10 Battleships from the US, British, Russian, French, European and Commonwealth organizational categories, the Illonois was sortied as a "clean-up batter" to get the last few hundred BaseXP needed to finish-off the 7,000 BaseXP criteria of the "Golden Crane" mission within the Golden Week assignments.
Thus another 10 Golden Week points were earned towards the completion of Stage 20, which now only needs 30 (out of 50) points to finish.

Not too shabby, if I do say so my self.

Signed,
Wolfswetpaws
Alpha of the Port

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7nWGzWicwvhOC9sKGi8vsW7JlWiWnebAGbsSrw61
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/517