Check this out - an anonymous movie (actually, Battle Stations)

iDuckman

Posted (edited)

No title, no credits, though quite an interesting cast - Richard Boone (Captain), William Bendix (Chief Bucky), Claude Akins (steersman).  Told from the PoV of a Catholic chaplain newly come aboard a USN CV (no ID) in 1945 to go against the Japanese home islands.  The identity of the CV is not stated except that the IJN believed she had already been sunk.  Who does that suggest?  Good operational and action scenes.

Personally, I'm a fan of Richard Boone.  He's a really good actor.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched this movie a few days ago.  The story was similar to what happened on the USS Franklin but the CO was a good guy in this movie.  

• Like 1

I moved this thread to the more appropriate section.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No title, no credits, though quite an interesting cast - Richard Boone (Captain), William Bendix (Chief Bucky), Claude Akins (steersman).  Told from the PoV of a Catholic chaplain newly come aboard a USN CV (no ID) in 1945 to go against the Japanese home islands.  The identity of the CV is not stated except that the IJN believed she had already been sunk.  Who does that suggest?  Good operational and action scenes.

Personally, I'm a fan of Richard Boone.  He's a really good actor.

According to the comments on youtube, the movie title is "Battle Stations" (1956).  I don't know who, if anyone, currently owns the copyright.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048989/

• Like 2

• iDuckman changed the title to Check this out - an anonymous movie (actually, Battle Stations)
  • 1 month later...

The EU-visible version is here:

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.