Weekend Spree, 24-26 May 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

Posted (edited)

Got almost nothing done because Friday night brought a violent thunderstorm with very energetic lightning, and then I awoke Saturday to intermittently functioning internet. It's improved to the point where it will sustain browsing, but WOWS keeps on getting kicked out even from the port screen. Thank God I busted my balls on Friday afternoon to get the Wisconsin missions for that week finished. 

Last night's play was done at the coffee shop for their internet, which was sufficiently stable to play WOWS without any issues. I should have just done that much earlier in the day. Oh well.

The last dance competition for the year is over (Little Miss Cthulhu and her team did spectacularly well) and the family is back, so coffee-shopping on a regular basis won't be a possibility. Hopefully by Wednesday, internet things will have stabilized somewhat. It's already light years ahead of where it was yesterday. I'm not too worried because we'll have two weeks to finish and I already have a plan laid out for getting it done in one if I have to, but we'll see what mid-week brings.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

Yesterday, I did the seasonal maintenance on our riding-lawnmower and then mowed our lawn.
(For the curious, 2020 Cub Cadet XT-1 with a 42-inch wide mowing deck.  Changed/replaced the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and spark plug.  Cleaned & vacuumed the body.  Greased the front axle and front wheels.)

Played a fair amount of World of Warships.
Played a little bit in Star Trek Online.

Made progress on the Wisconsin Dockyard grind.
Completed the "Great Naval Battles" series of mission-chains, "The Battle of Tsushima, The Battle of Jutland, The Hunt for Bismarck"
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/the-great-naval-battles-week/

Posted in various forum topics.

Welcomed the Shimanto to my Port and did some creative writing about it.
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/133-warships-collectors-club/?do=findComment&comment=54594

Viewed various Twitch streams, sometimes in "Lurk mode" while performing the aforementioned lawnmower & lawncare tasks.

Mostly rested, played WOWs and took a long afternoon nap, today.

Best wishes to everyone during tomorrow's Memorial Day holiday.

• Like 1

Of course the weekend here in the US goes to 5/27, so this is an interim report:

Finished the cruiser cap mission on Friday, using Condé per another post, which finished out my Dockyard week 7.

Six battles in Ranked yesterday to qualify for silver. Used Georgia. Got called a “coyote” by one of the reds in battle #5. Had to ask if that was good or bad. He said it meant ”wild and ferocious.” I gotta admit I really was smacking the reds around pretty bad in that one, so I took it as a compliment.

Got a triple coal in today’s daily login container.

May or may not pursue any more  WoWs over the rest of the three-day weekend. If I do, it’ll be a light amount.

Figured out $11.42 (US) gets me the doubloons I need to have 4200 to lay out for my final two dockyard stages. I was away for several days earlier in the month, so my daily reward that brings 100 doubloons doesn’t hit until Tuesday.  If I wait until then, the cash outlay drops to $11.02.

• Like 1

Finished the dockyard tasks on Thursday, so I didn't have to deal with that.  

• Dove into Random to get an achievement to complete the Hood chain:  PEF close quarters expert, missed getting a double strike by about 5 seconds.) 
  • Tsushima was a blast:  Took out the Mikasa and ran through the entire chain.
  • I took out Konig Albert, and Dreadnaught out for the Jutland 
  • Tried the Atlantic Wall Defense operation on the PTS.  It was very frustrating trying to learn the mechanics and tactics, but once mastered it was a fun op.  It was quite interesting playing the German opposition to the D-Day landings.
  • Like 1

After getting all the available dockyard phases from the current mission-chain, I played some Star Trek Online and earned enough XP to get one of my recently created characters up over the hump of Level 50.  They now have access to the Admiralty System and the Reputation System.  Also upgraded several items of starship equipment and weaponry, and upgraded the weapons/armor/kits used during away-team activity.
I'm not finished, but progress was made.

Logged-in to DevStrike forum shortly before midnight and found 26 notifications waiting for me.  (Usually it's less than 10 notifications.)
It's nice to see that DevStrike has a lively population.  🙂 

Posted (edited)

You reap what you sow Wolfie ! See, 26 notifications !!!

I finished the Dockyard next to last phase Friday.......OMG, that wasn't any fun at all !  Played some Operations some of the evenings...  Ate way too much.  I am "family'd out" now;  and, I need to start preparing for a Match on this coming Saturday (I'm the match director.......)  But, mother nature simply is being a ditch and we are sooooo tired of mud and mud and tornadoes and mud.   Been a wild year so far.

I really am at the point in the game where there really isn't a "goal" to chase....  That makes onerous event tasks far more difficult.

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worked like a dog on the grill everyday played only 7 games from Friday- Monday lost them all lol. But work was very busy thank god !!!!!

• Like 1

Threw down the doubloons for the Wisconsin last night. “Spent big” at an even 3000 doubloons/$12. Might give my fleet a visual once-over during the week to see if a couple of mid-tiers or a single high-tier is sufficiently rusty for me to pity it enough to lay out for permacamo(s).

Played three co-op games in it. Current opinion (not enough to call it a review) provided in another thread.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Spent big” at an even 3000 doubloons/$12

That's cheaper then a glass of red wine these days liquor when you go out is out of control. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That's cheaper then a glass of red wine these days liquor when you go out is out of control. 

Stop being like Blondie, and be more like Tuco, and get your liquor without cash outlay!

• Haha 2

Lee_Van_Cleef.png.38c8529c6437c64567d57bbca5919517.png

Angel Eyes: Be sure these two get good treatment.
Tuco: [innocently] Hey, Blondie. Did you hear that? Good treatment.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Lee_Van_Cleef.png.38c8529c6437c64567d57bbca5919517.png

Angel Eyes: Be sure these two get good treatment.
Tuco: [innocently] Hey, Blondie. Did you hear that? Good treatment.

Blondie: “Yyyeah.”

• Haha 1