Game count?

IfYouSeeKhaos

The old forums used to have an overall game count...is there anywhere to look that up?

You can calculate that by using your profile in-game. The summary section at the top right corner states the different battle modes your account has played. You will have to physically add up the total for an overall "all games played."  Each section of the pull-down menu represents a different game mode and reflects the total games played in that particular mode.  Write the total down, and then add them up.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer what you saw (overall totals represented) on the old forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah... right. Was useful for checking if those who said they quit were still playing.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, HogHammer said:

You can calculate that by using your profile in-game. The summary section at the top right corner states the different battle modes your account has played. You will have to physically add up the total for an overall "all games played."  Each section of the pull-down menu represents a different game mode and reflects the total games played in that particular mode.  Write the total down, and then add them up.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer what you saw (overall totals represented) on the old forum.

11 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ah... right. Was useful for checking if those who said they quit were still playing.

That covers random/ranked/& co-op...the old forums had an overall total of all games played including scenarios & alt game modes (it didn't break down how many you had in each individual mode...just an overall total)...

Was wondering if there was a place to see that total.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Was wondering if there was a place to see that total.

I'm guessing, but since the old forums were logged into via WG credentials, I would think they used their database API to reflect "total games played."  Since all game modes are not represented in the game player profile or accessible by third-party sites, currently, it may be impossible to get a truly accurate game count.  Apparently, that data point is not accessible to anyone other than WG.

I do know what you are referring to on the old forum, but I really cannot offer a place for such information.  All I can suggest is putting that question to WG in a customer service ticket and see what their response is.  That would be interesting!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I'm guessing, but since the old forums were logged into via WG credentials, I would think they used their database API to reflect "total games played."  Since all game modes are not represented in the game player profile or accessible by third-party sites, currently, it may be impossible to get a truly accurate game count.  Apparently, that data point is not accessible to anyone other than WG.

I do know what you are referring to on the old forum, but I really cannot offer a place for such information.  All I can suggest is putting that question to WG in a customer service ticket and see what their response is.  That would be interesting!

Was just wondering if there was a known place somewhere... not interested enough to go through support.

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Was just wondering if there was a known place somewhere... not interested enough to go through support.

I'm pretty sure that it just totaled up Randoms, Co-op and Ranked.

IIRC it never included operations totals (for a long time my total was co-op + random only, but the API has a ranked section as well, so I think that this got added). The other modes are "temporary" so they would need to keep track of a pile of things like "duckie" and "piniata" modes, likely not worth it for the accumulating overhead. 

(edit) and since we don't have access to the WG info "behind the curtain" and can't validate people's accounts there are a bunch of limits to what we can do in terms of API integration. As an example if you change clans you need to manually update that information here, while the "old" forum could do that automatically.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SureBridge said:

I'm pretty sure that it just totaled up Randoms, Co-op and Ranked.

IIRC it never included operations totals...

The old forum did...I used to calculate my scenario count by subtracting:

21 hours ago, HogHammer said:

^^^That from the old forums total...that was before any alt modes besides the 1st Halloween mode existed & I had calculated it alduring that event & knew how many of them I had played to get an accurate scenario total.

I wasn't expecting this forum to have that data...btw...I was just wondering if there was a section in the WG discord/a mod/or some other way that was known about that somebody might have been able to direct me to.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

21 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The old forum did...I used to calculate my scenario count by subtracting:

^^^That from the old forums total...that was before any alt modes besides the 1st Halloween mode existed & I had calculated it alduring that event & knew how many of them I had played to get an accurate scenario total.

I wasn't expecting this forum to have that data...btw...I was just wondering if there was a section in the WG discord/a mod/or some other way that was known about that somebody might have been able to direct me to.

I don't know where that information might be, because the client has no information on operations battles. That also makes it difficult for any UI mod to get the information, I think. WoWS Numbers does not seem to have this information either.

6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You might want to ping the wows-numbers team, they are likely the ones most familiar with the data (and metadata) available from the WoWS API. Wiochi can be reached as contact@wows-numbers.com (from the wows-numbers website)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SureBridge said:

You might want to ping the wows-numbers team

I was not aware that was even a thing...lol

Thanx 🙂