Login credentials required!/WGC

Captain_82

Morning all,

I`m having issues with staying on the live servers/experiencing multiple disconnects - literally every single match (yesterday).

At first I thought, ok just another shitty server problem, then I realized its probably a me problem (after not finding any references to server problems yesterday).

Just came back to WoWs 4 days ago after another hiatus - didn`t pay much attention to the "hint" in the WGC login tab under my account "Login credentials required!", but now ... 😑

Did some search already; couldn`t find answers to this problem.

Which credentials do I have to provide?

Greetings,

Captain_82

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, that small change seemed strange when I first looked at it, @Captain_82.

But, the solution is simple.  Just type your password, like you've done in the past.

I suppose the change in words makes some sense from a "legal" point of view, or if someone is logging-in via a game service (such as Steam?) or uses some other credentials (such as a facebook log-in) to establish their in-game identity?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

I don't normally get asked anything in WGC, all the login credentials I can think of should be saved. I also never log out of WGC. I don't think I've needed to bother with the credentials after initially adding the EU and ASIA accounts in WGC following installation.

You could ask WG staff on WG Discord if this thing bothers you. Alternatively, submit a ticket but that will take time.

I don't really know how server disconnects could be related to this. Basically, without the credentials, you couldn't log in and play in the first place.

44 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, the solution is simple.  Just type your password, like you've done in the past.

Not that simple, I`m afraid.

I`ve typed my password of course, like always.

But still those disconnects happened afterwards.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't really know how server disconnects could be related to this. Basically, without the credentials, you couldn't log in and play in the first place

Yes thats why this issue is even more strange.

So the procedure was

Opened WGC

typed in my password

started the game

experienced those disconnects/got stuck in loading limbo/loading screen

Am I the only one experiencing this?

WoWs_stuck on loading screen.png

WoWs_stuck on loading screen2.png

Edited by Captain_82

12 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

Yes thats why this issue is even more strange.

So the procedure was

Opened WGC

typed in my password

started the game

experienced those disconnects/got stuck in loading limbo/loading screen

WoWs_stuck on loading screen.png

WoWs_stuck on loading screen2.png

Mods involved?

Other than that, maybe some game files have become corrupted. I haven't experienced the loading screen limbo since I stopped using UI mods.

Any chance something went wrong with the game update?

The most recent update for me was 23 May.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

Not that simple, I`m afraid.

I`ve typed my password of course, like always.

But still those disconnects happened afterwards.

Okay, the disconnects shouldn't be happening because of the log-in.

When I begin to get frequent "disconnects" from the game, I run the "check & repair" process.
That usually solves my disconnect problems (for a while or until the next game patch/update).

The other possible problems would be internet snafus or hardware failures of some sort.  Which would be diagnosed without the game running, right?

1496233294_CheckandRepairfunction_screen 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Mods involved?

Other than that, maybe some game files have become corrupted. I haven't experienced the loading screen limbo since I stopped using UI mods.

Any chance something went wrong with the game update?

The most recent update for me was 23 May.

No Mods, no issues with the recent game update afaik ... well, I did the integrity check now.

Hopefully this will work; can`t really afford more disconnects because I am pink with 3+ games already (experienced another disconnect yesterday while being pink and on the third game...).

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

No Mods, no issues with the recent game update afaik ... well, I did the integrity check now.

Hopefully this will work; can`t really afford more disconnects because I am pink with 3+ games already (experienced another disconnect yesterday while being pink and on the third game...).

Fingers crossed.

👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

Fingers crossed.

Stick to coop/training room till you have it solved.

GL

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain_82 said:

This looks 100% like outdated mod/client. Either redownload the game and do a clean reinstall or try to get rid of all mods. The first should solve your issue

Edit also take a look if the game isn't blocked by your firewall by chance.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

@Captain_82

On reddit, it's about a Steam player, but the suggested fix there might, maybe, work (or not). It involves the preferences.xml file.

• Like 1

Just now, Andrewbassg said:

This looks 100% like outdated mod/client. Either redownload the game and do a clean reinstall or try to get rid of all mods. The first should solve your issue

Or re-download and install WGC?

In the reddit article you referenced, I found the following suggestion interesting and informative because this is the same recommendation from WG to correct the lost carousel problem.  It's a more detailed explanation of how to do it without messing up.  Does anyone know what this preferences.xml file does?

"Go to your game folder and find preferences.xml. Move it out of the folder, but don't delete it. Start the game up. If it worked, you should login successfully, but have a default UI and resolution. Exit back out of the game. Go back to the game folder, delete the newly created preferences.xml file, and put your old one back in place. Start up the game, and hopefully it'll work, and with your old settings back again."

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Captain_82

On reddit, it's about a Steam player, but the suggested fix there might, maybe, work (or not). It involves the preferences.xml file.

ummm.....the thing is that .xml is time stamped, (irc, it been a while since I messed with those) and could create problems. He can always starts the game in safe mode OR with settings resetted. (Drop down menu of the PLAY button).

IF the login is accepted  than the problem is with the client NOT passwords...

2 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Does anyone know what this preferences.xml file does?

Stores ALL your ingame settings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

ummm.....the thing is that .xml is time stamped, (irc, it been a while since I messed with those) and could create problems. He can always starts the game in safe mode OR with settings resetted. (Drop down menu of the PLAY button).

Safe mode doesn't always help. Depends on where the issue is.

29 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Or re-download and install WGC?

Been there, done that.
It's more time consuming than "check & repair".  But sometimes drastic circumstances require drastic measures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:
1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Captain_82

Expand  

I discovered that I can open the user_preferences.xml file but the preferences.xml file has an error in line 83 column 6.  I renamed that file to OLDpreferences.xml, restarted the game and exited.  A new preferences.xml file was created and I was able to open that.  So, I know I have the random problem of the carousel and the file does not open.   If @Captain_82 is unable to open this file, then it may be the problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I discovered that I can open the user_preferences.xml file but the preferences.xml file has an error in line 83 column 6.  I renamed that file to OLDpreferences.xml, restarted the game and exited.  A new preferences.xml file was created and I was able to open that.  So, I know I have the random problem of the carousel and the file does not open.   If @Captain_82 is unable to open this file, then it may be the problem. 

Yeah... I have an error too, don't know why or what it does.

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 86 at column 6: StartTag: invalid element name

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

That's what you get if you just 'Open' the file. If you use something like Notepad to read it, you can access it in a text format (editable).

<preferences.xml>
    <scriptsPreferences>
        <renderer>
            <maxDockFrameRate>    75    </maxDockFrameRate>
            <maxFrameRate>    0    </maxFrameRate>
        </renderer>
        <ui>

And so on...

Posted (edited)

Its hard to believe but my previous integrity check may have solved the issue.

Played several Coops/Brawls; no more disconnects/loading limbos.

I didn`t reinstall WGC or the game, just did the integrity check.

I keep you updated.

Edited by Captain_82
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

<maxFrameRate>    0    </maxFrameRate>

That should be of different value than 0

Also the previous one....

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

<maxDockFrameRate>    75    </maxDockFrameRate>

I would put it at 50. This is the port framerate (non critical) and the other (next one) at 75. Remember that folks were complaining about the  system (over) heating just by log  in, in  port ? That's why.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

So, I know I have the random problem of the carousel

And now solved itself?

Today on ASIA, in one battle there was a player who crashed at the start. Presented a theory that it's because the WG servers are so trashy they somehow limit the connections, and also older hardware (MB+CPU) cannot respond fast enough which leads to D/C's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:
7 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

So, I know I have the random problem of the carousel

And now solved itself?

I don't think so.  The carousel disappears unpredictably. 

• Like 1