Has anyone experienced this?

Frostbow

First, it shows a pop-up window telling me there's a mission. Then it shows what appears to be formatting code.

The only lines of text that I can understand is "A clandestine challenge", followed by an invitation to a 'next-level' mission.

What gives?

shot-23_09.01_21_08.49-0199.thumb.jpg.706506db8f57745c34c4374ff8f8b436.jpg

shot-23_09.01_21_09.21-0946.thumb.jpg.a5ebd1e86d82be2829b9ad9fe866497c.jpg

There’s supposed to be a video that plays where the player is supposedly given some type of mission. I say “supposedly” because the instructions are to play a battle in some type of ship, but there is no apparent effect of doing so. There are at least three different versions and they seem to be tied into the upcoming anniversary event, as they each feature one of the commanders to be released next patch.

The current consensus seems to be that this is part of the usual puzzle/riddle that WG puts together for the anniversary event.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

There’s supposed to be a video that plays where the player is supposedly given some type of mission. I say “supposedly” because the instructions are to play a battle in some type of ship, but there is no apparent effect of doing so. There are at least three different versions and they seem to be tied into the upcoming anniversary event, as they each feature one of the commanders to be released next patch.

The current consensus seems to be that this is part of the usual puzzle/riddle that WG puts together for the anniversary event.

Consider me puzzled then.

I watched the video, it said play a battleship now. So I did, and nothing seemed to happen, just the usual rewards, no new mission.

Also puzzled.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

I watched the video, it said play a battleship now. So I did, and nothing seemed to happen, just the usual rewards, no new mission.

Also puzzled.

I played a few battles with BBs, and the same as you experienced, nothing happened. 

5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The video where the player is given instructions feels retro; very much in consonance with the game's 8th Anniversary Event. 

As noted in another thread, this looks like it's a tie-in with a collab in the Russian version of the game with another game, and I suspect the code got mixed in with the last update.  It runs, but the event it's supposed to interact with isn't active in WOWS, so it doesn't do anything.

My best guess here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

As noted in another thread, this looks like it's a tie-in with a collab in the Russian version of the game with another game, and I suspect the code got mixed in with the last update.  It runs, but the event it's supposed to interact with isn't active in WOWS, so it doesn't do anything.

My best guess here.

Visually the character(s) and overall style match what's in the devblog and on PTR, so it's likely leadup to patch 12.8 (8th anniversary event) starting to come out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AtagoBestWaifu said:

Visually the character(s) and overall style match what's in the devblog and on PTR, so it's likely leadup to patch 12.8 (8th anniversary event) starting to come out.

That's a good possibility too.  I assume we'll get more info when the anniversary event reaches the website.

On the PTS if you use the designers port, it has one of the videos, or in the style with the same "scientist" playing.

The one I got was to play a CV, which is a big nope for me.