I love T7 Ranked

YouSatInGum

image.thumb.png.4aff3aa7e31104c7a11f2676bf327123.png

image.thumb.png.0830d4fcab72a5680c35f45eb205d7b7.png

Only problem now is I have to wait a week and make sure I don't qualify for Silver...

On that note...I'll confess to grinding Uganda (a.k.a. wannabe Fiji) to make sure I didn't rank out too fast.

• Like 2

BTW - as much as I love Atlanta's rainbow goodness, there's one more ranked ship that's probably more broken (well other than Belfast)

Didn't play it as much this time but hard not to have some absurd games with it.... Just press W and few other keys from time to time...

image.thumb.png.7a515758e8c0ea1ed805a82233eac408.png

image.thumb.png.334f86a337d481c50e4534768b452f70.png

image.thumb.png.8f0c01f2f91e0f2f9e11a7abd4f351e0.png

• Like 2

I too love T7 ranked. Just wish T6 wasn't allowed. 

OOOOH T6/7 ranked? Super fun! I'll have trouble deciding where to spend my not CB time the next few weeks, since brawls are actual brawls instead of slightly scaled down randoms

After repurchasing Rooke I started enjoying tier 7 ranked again. All it took was for me to find a ship I actually enjoyed playing. Now I am stuck in the hell-hole of tier 9/8 ranked.

Hate it. Scharnhorst 43 monoform. Belfast. Haida. Frickin' strait map. 

I suppose I just hate ranked in general. It can tilt me. Close to progressing to next tier and a row of afkers and leeroys tilts me. Saving a star to me equates to having wasted my time. Like not playing at all. The gameplay quality is so low that I can't care about it, only the progress in the task. If I want to be tilted, I'll play some 1v1 game and accept blame for solely myself. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Hate it. Scharnhorst 43 monoform. Belfast. Haida. Frickin' strait map. 

I suppose I just hate ranked in general. It can tilt me. Close to progressing to next tier and a row of afkers and leeroys tilts me. Saving a star to me equates to having wasted my time. Like not playing at all. The gameplay quality is so low that I can't care about it, only the progress in the task. If I want to be tilted, I'll play some 1v1 game and accept blame for solely myself. 

Let me say this, a good Scharnhorst 43 counter is Rooke. You outspeed, outstealth and can overmatch them. Amazing ship to conquer the hordes.

9 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Let me say this, a good Scharnhorst 43 counter is Rooke. You outspeed, outstealth and can overmatch them. Amazing ship to conquer the hordes.

Probably. Many ships are. Ashitaka, Renown 44, even frickin' Collingwood. I just don't like the gameplay. Barely any positioning, just coinflip and leeroy in mirrored by the same. I prefer it when battleships play more slow and methodical. 

2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I prefer it when battleships play more slow and methodical.

West Virginia '44 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Scharnhorst’43 spam isn’t as bad as it last time we had tier VII Ranked (the Christmas patch when they were awarding her in the Event Pass). Regardless, in my experience she is easy to deal with as long as you are mindful of the 6km torpedoes. Prinz Heinrich eats her for breakfast (secondaries that can actually hit and overmatching guns), and after the plating rework 283mm guns aren’t as effective against cruisers as they were when the OG Scharnhorst was the queen of tier VII BBs.

In fact, all the small caliber (<15”-armed) BBs I’ve been seeing in the queue makes me want to dust off Yorck for a few matches. Last time she was extremely strong in the meta full of secondary-specced Sharnhorsts.

Edited by Nevermore135

13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The Scharnhorst’43 spam isn’t as bad as it last time we had tier VII Ranked (the Christmas patch when they were awarding her in the Event Pass). Regardless, in my experience she is easy to deal with as long as you are mindful of the 6km torpedoes. Prinz Heinrich eats her for breakfast (secondaries that can actually hit and overmatching guns), and after the plating rework 283mm guns aren’t as effective against cruisers as they were when the OG Scharnhorst was the queen of tier VII BBs.

In fact, all the small caliber (<15”-armed) BBs I’ve been seeing in the queue makes me want to dust off Yorck for a few matches. Last time she was extremely strong in the meta full of secondary-specced Sharnhorsts.

Scharn 43 is easily the worst out of all KM BB. No hydro, bad guns and dpm...

5 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

Scharn 43 is easily the worst out of all KM BB. No hydro, bad guns and dpm...

I'll take her over Gneisenau any day. 

Between Sharny 43, WV44, Toulon and Weimar I went threw bronze ranked way too quickly. But it was 600 doubloons worth of wins so that's cool. 

Just reset my german BC line so no Prinz Rupperecht for silver yet. Massachusettes seems to be doing just fine though.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

It's why I call her the Hennessy, cause I'd have to be drunk to sail her.

Edited by Jakeshuffle
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

That's for sure, i played her in Asymmetric Battles to get to Bismarck, which i was still missing and to say it wasn't a fun experience is an understatement. Scharnhorst '43 on the other hand, was really fun to play in Asymmetric Battles.

Posted (edited)

BB in T 7 Ranked are Ashitaka, Hyuga and WV 44. I don't play Scharnhorst 43, because everybody else is playing her (boring !!), and her performance isn't the best in my hands. Otherwise different types of DD and CV. 

Edited by OT2_2

On 5/21/2024 at 5:56 PM, YouSatInGum said:

image.thumb.png.4aff3aa7e31104c7a11f2676bf327123.png

image.thumb.png.0830d4fcab72a5680c35f45eb205d7b7.png

Only problem now is I have to wait a week and make sure I don't qualify for Silver...

On that note...I'll confess to grinding Uganda (a.k.a. wannabe Fiji) to make sure I didn't rank out too fast.

You're not using XP boosters on a Premium ship are you? 38k XP seems ridiculously high.

In case you are, stop.  It does nothing but wastes the boosters.  Normal XP earnings ceased affecting FXP and Commander XP when the economic rework happened./

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

It does nothing but wastes the boosters. 

To be fair I tend to use the bottom tier ship XP boosters on premium ships myself now and then. It speeds up getting the daily crates done. It can speed up certain dockyard or campaign missions. And it isn't like I can't afford to use them that way when one is sitting on hundreds of blues and an ungodly number of greens for the ships I need to actually speed up leveling. If I didn't frivolously spend them I'd be at four digits worth of them stockpiled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Helstrem said:

You're not using XP boosters on a Premium ship are you? 38k XP seems ridiculously high.

In case you are, stop.  It does nothing but wastes the boosters.  Normal XP earnings ceased affecting FXP and Commander XP when the economic rework happened./

Unless they like to convert it to FXP.

5 hours ago, Kynami said:

To be fair I tend to use the bottom tier ship XP boosters on premium ships myself now and then. It speeds up getting the daily crates done. It can speed up certain dockyard or campaign missions. And it isn't like I can't afford to use them that way when one is sitting on hundreds of blues and an ungodly number of greens for the ships I need to actually speed up leveling. If I didn't frivolously spend them I'd be at four digits worth of them stockpiled.

Ship XP boosters only enhance ship XP...not commander or FXP.

No ship XP in dockyard but there could be a campaign task requiring it he's working on...

Guessing you nailed it with the daily crate grind though if he only had time for 1 battle.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:39 PM, Helstrem said:

Was probably all blues....  I still have like 500-800 of each kind.

2300 bxp isn't a bad game to have blue boosters on.  Once upon a time when I could guarantee 4k+ in Narai then I'd save all high value boosters for ops, but these days I can only average 2-2.5k in ops anyway.

The biggest closet nerf to the playerbase was when 200% days basically became meaningless. 

While I was disappointed the pbase didn't bite back harder on that, it seems the ones who would be most vocal usually chose to just play less.

...and WG wonders why game counts are down....