PSA: Do not use Team Consumables in modes other than Clan Battles - it is exploit/cheating and WG will use penalties!

Leo_Apollo11

7 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

Back at home, didn't get eaten by mosquitos despite having dozens of them get into cabin thru a break in window's netting, likely result of a bird.

So, what did I miss? The bug still active or did disabling Ranked fixed that?

I'm relatively sure my friends and I were the ones to discover the invincibility bug specifically so here's my understanding of the timeline. 

First, someone discovered that you could bring the Clan Battle consumables into Random Battles on PTS by readying up in a Clan Battles division and switching while readied (mines, smoke, and a few others working properly.)

I saw it mentioned in the Discord and managed to replicate it on the live server.

When my friends hopped on, we tried it in a full division, with the Marceau bringing the Joint Fleet Maneuvers consumable. Although it initially did not appear to work, when he should have died, he somehow lived and could drive his ship around on 0 hp. In the video, you can see him successfully ram a cruiser and still stay "alive." I'm fairly certain this is the first documented instance of the invincibility bug. If not, this is where people noticed it. 

There's a number of clips of various people exploiting the bug that I'm sure you can find. I'm glad I didn't use the invincibility bug once. 

Wargaming "patches" this the day after not by fixing whatever code causes the invincibility, but by making the game unready you whenever the mode is switched. It turns out that with precise timing (readying and switching at the exact same time) you can still bring support consumables. After this being revealed, they disable CB until the weekend, which brings us to today. I won't be able to log on this weekend but I hope they have actually fixed the issue instead of another indirect solution. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1