Design Ships aka 'napkins' or 'paper' or 'fantasy'

Aethervox

Posted (edited)

I thought forumites here might like to comment on 'design' ships - ships that are in the game based from some naval architects 'design' but never actually built.

For my port, of 99 ships (one count*), I find I have just 10 'design' ships as Wedgie terms them in their ship descriptions. Half of these are in T8 - T10, the others T4 - T7.

This 10% design ships reflects both having to grind to T10s on some lines & probably, my predilection for actual historical ships. 😃

* my total count (including T1s I have & my T5 & T7 ARPs) is 114 (EU account)

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

I've got 432 ships in my Port.
Many of them are from anime' collaboration events.  

I'm wondering where you're trying to go with this conversation?

• Like 1

There's a somewhat outdated but still excellent graph on which ships are fictional and to what degree.

IMG_2103.jpg?ex=664d49ba&is=664bf83a&hm=67447b6bb86fe43da736502e82f1dbc4e2208ade3fb8e167e2c49f51cefc0b3e&=

• Like 2

Well this game is a fantasy of "what if artillery ships didn't go out of style?", or perhaps "what if the various admiralties were even more stubborn in their love of battleships?". 

Now there's 2 real TX battleships in the game. And still one real high-tier Soviet ship, built by italians. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unlooky said:

somewhat outdated but still excellent graph on which ships are fictional and to what degree.

Where is this available for viewing? Please indicate how & where to find this.

14 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm wondering where you're trying to go with this conversation?

Simply asking how many design ships one has as opposed to actual historical ships. Also, a % of design types to the historical ones.

PS: 432 ships are a lot. Anyone know how many ships WoWS has produced for play (the total up to now)?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Simply asking how many design ships one has as opposed to actual historical ships. Also, a % of design types to the historical ones.

PS: 432 ships are a lot. Anyone know how many ships WoWS has produced for play (the total up to now)?

From what I recall off the top of my head, there are over 600 ships that are possible to have in one's Port.

• Like 2

That depends, do you count things like Kõngõ's all separately or not?

What about Minotaur/Brisbane?

1 minute ago, aleksi111 said:

For purposes of being in "The Collector's Club" (on the old forum), all the ships count.
Sisters, Twins, Triplets and etc. all count towards the total number of ships collected.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230728135538/https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/177016-world-of-warships-collectors-club/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

Count via some parameters. My higher total includes all my ARP ships (hence the 4 ARP 'Kongos' there). My lower total is more accurate to the singular ship types.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sisters, Twins, Triplets and etc. all count towards the total number of ships collected.

Agreed. For some reason, Wedgie never produced a Western nor a Northern Dragon ship (Myoko clones) or I'd have a total of 8 of these (lol) (btw, I don't have the tech tree one, that would be 1 more).

Edited by Aethervox

1 minute ago, Aethervox said:

(I don't have the tech tree one).

Really?  Wow.  Amusing and surprising, to me.  Your choice, of course.  🙂 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Really?  Wow.  Amusing and surprising, to me.  Your choice, of course.  🙂 

It was more I had so many 'Myokos' already & I had to play them all to get, at least, a 10 pt Cpt on all of them, hence, no tech tree Myoko.

Ofc, I would have acquired the two (still) missing Dragons. For their perma camos, ofc (kind of ugly but they grow on you, lol). 🙂

PS: I did have the tech tree Myoko but that Cpt went on to serve (still there) on the Mogami 🙂

Edited by Aethervox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

Where is this available for viewing? Please indicate how & where to find this.

Naval History channel in the World of Warships discord, pinned messages

• Thanks 2