Where I stand

ArIskandir

1 minute ago, Type_93 said:

First off, that’s EXACTLY how you judge someone in my field as a skilled electrician.  The studying the schematics of a system to determine e the best coarse of action to do the job within code, make the work look professional, within time and on budget.  
Matter of fact you can judge my skill pretty well just by looking at my tools.  The quality and condition of them, the simply vast array of tools I own tells you I am skilled. 
Who would you hire? The guy with a rusty box and only a few tools, or the guy with a full truck tools, well maintained?  Same for this game.  Knowing the game mechanics (the tools) and using them correctly equates skill and that skill is recorded as a number of metrics in the game.  

To me stats that measure your action as good or bad is pretty good dead recognition of skill.  

Well... In wows, that rusty tool box electrician can be a rock star...

Stats in WOWS do not predicate future performance.

Because, in statistical terms.. Just how WOWS is structured in random battles.

I just used the schematics as an example.. I forget, it can be used by one person no just a team or more then one which was, the example used.

Sorry about that.

1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well... In wows, that rusty tool box electrician can be a rock star...

Stats

Sure, everyone can have a stellar game. Absolutely.  Even a blind  squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. If a player has those games on a regular basis, that player is skilled, not just lucky.  Same for the squirrel.  

5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sorry about that.

Not mad, was a good a pretty good comparison I thought anyways.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Type_93 said:

Sure, everyone can have a stellar game. Absolutely.  Even a blind  squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. If a player has those games on a regular basis, that player is skilled, not just lucky.  Same for the squirrel.  

Not mad, was a good a pretty good comparison I thought anyways.  

I know not everyone read into stats the same way you read Electrical Schematics (My respects on that).

In a way, I'm trying to convey what you gotten yourself into. Like debriefing the young electrician of what he gotten himself into and what needs to get done.

One thing for sure... If I ever need a guy to wire my place, I'll know who to turn too right away...

In WOWS, at least on the subject of skill and stats... We have nothing other then our own opinions. Not based on anything (like a schematic), just trust. Thats where I dont venture too.

1 hour ago, thornzero said:

But at the conclusion of any match, someone would realise my actual quality without seeing any statistics. [How can they do this?]

[I do not want to derail this any further.]

It's quite easy to evaluate your decision making process (maybe the biggest indicator to 'quality') based on the decisions you make when playing. Starting from the positions you play, when you engage the enemy and when you disengage or stay dark, your timing for pushing or kiting and the way you communicate and use the minimap tool. If I'm sharing a flank with you, by the end of the match I'll have an aproximate idea about how capable you are. Granted sometimes it is knowledge you get too late to be useful, tho it was good enough for me. I didn't use any stats monitor app.

3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In WOWS, at least on the subject of skill and stats... We have nothing other then our own opinions. Not based on anything (like a schematic), just trust. Thats where I dont venture too.

These arguments are good for us all to have. 
We all have our own views and that’s fine.  This is another agree to disagree moment. 
Over a format such any online forum, it’s really hard to look at a topic from someone else’s eyes.  I’m sure if we sat down and had a beer and both of us could look at a set of schematics, we’d both prolly see something the other was missing. But all we have is this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

These arguments are good for us all to have. 
We all have our own views and that’s fine.  This is another agree to disagree moment. 
Over a format such any online forum, it’s really hard to look at a topic from someone else’s eyes.  I’m sure if we sat down and had a beer and both of us could look at a set of schematics, we’d both prolly see something the other was missing. But all we have is this. 

Beer LOL  I got you...

image.jpeg.12b644d99fc6383583760a96b45d1dc0.jpeg

Or Do you like Japanese Beer lol

image.jpeg.93ad7aa497d6040af8b50dbd0f5d9666.jpeg

Either way... I got you covered lol

• Thanks 1

I traveled to a forum topic and found a game of "Beer Pong"?  😉 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Beer LOL  I got you...

image.jpeg.12b644d99fc6383583760a96b45d1dc0.jpeg

Or Do you like Japanese Beer lol

image.jpeg.93ad7aa497d6040af8b50dbd0f5d9666.jpeg

Either way... I got you covered lol

Either of these beers any good? I'm in western Canada  where I think I can find Asahi somewhere but I'm pretty sure I can't obtain Gallo (French?) 😋

3 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Either of these beers any good? I'm in western Canada  where I think I can find Asahi somewhere but I'm pretty sure I can't obtain Gallo (French?) 😋

You can get Asahi at almost any sushi place in Vancouver 🙂

We now return you to our regularly scheduled discussion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

My fav Canadian beer. IMG_5479.jpeg.87d33f4a39faad4906b3796ff6142f65.jpeg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I traveled to a forum topic and found a game of "Beer Pong"?  😉 

Makes you wonder how a bunch of old naval history buffs and ex-service members don’t have a thread about our fav beers and spirits???

2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

IF people want to believe the lie that WOWS is skill based, its a choice (not based on reality)...

Say the lie long enough people begin to ignore reality. Thus creating a reality on lies.

I don't live my life that way.. So I try to save others going down the "WOWS is skills" rabbit hole..

Then again..  This is the prime example of the Dunning-Krueger effect..

No matter what I tell people in support of how to correctly view stats in WOWS... People will cling to the old ideas like a Koala.

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Bored 1