St. Vincent WMI Camo

AdmiralThunder

Posted (edited)

So, just got the fancy camo for St. Vincent with the canons shooting and such. Nice enough camo but WG sure does over value camos now. Not only do you have to watch 1.5 hours of the WMI on Twitch just to get the mission (so for people like me it meant getting up at 6AM on a Sunday), which many people don't do (ie; watch Twitch), but then you had to go play a bunch of games to actually get it. Either/or would have been more than enough. Just seems like a lot of ask for little return. The blue boosts you got for the stages of the mission group were worth more than the main reward (camo).

I get it for those who will chime in with "IT'S FREE" (and yes I know it was optional and I didn't have to do it). But come on it is just a cosmetic thing. If It came with the boost package with it so it was like an old perma camo that would be different. Just don't care for how WG makes you jump through hoops and hurdles for stuff these days with no value to them. They have stripped almost all value from everything we get now yet continue to expect us to do all the same things to get the stuff.

Rant over.

spacer.png 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Indeed it hasn't been quite as exciting ever since they separated the economic bonuses from the perma camos.

The torpedo beats april fools event from a few years ago was exciting when they let us earn permanent space camos (bonuses attached) for the tier 6 to 9 US and French cruiser lines. 

• Like 1

This should shut up those who says that WG still didn't build up it's art department. This and newest AL camos are so nice looking

• Like 1

That almost makes the ship look like a thing not built by the deep ones. 

Of course I didn't pay any attention to some missions, so they probably expired? Eh, I don't enjoy the Vincent too much anyway. 

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So, just got the fancy camo for St. Vincent with the canons shooting and such. Nice enough camo but WG sure does over value camos now. Not only do you have to watch 1.5 hours of the WMI on Twitch just to get the mission (so for people like me it meant getting up at 6AM on a Sunday), which many people don't do (ie; watch Twitch), but then you had to go play a bunch of games to actually get it. Either/or would have been more than enough. Just seems like a lot of ask for little return. The blue boosts you got for the stages of the mission group were worth more than the main reward (camo).

I get it for those who will chime in with "IT'S FREE" (and yes I know it was optional and I didn't have to do it). But come on it is just a cosmetic thing. If It came with the boost package with it so it was like an old perma camo that would be different. Just don't care for how WG makes you jump through hoops and hurdles for stuff these days with no value to them. They have stripped almost all value from everything we get now yet continue to expect us to do all the same things to get the stuff.

Rant over.

spacer.png 

I ve played stream, mute, went to sleep. Later claimed, win win.

To be honest I would like to watch WoWs streams tournaments but they are boring as hell, always the same shit. Would rather watch LoL streams and I dont even play LoL haha.

• Like 1

Woke up at 9am

Opened Twitch on my phone

Went back to sleep

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Rant over.

So are you telling us you ground like a dog (pun intended) to do a mission with 22 days to complete in less than that number of hours, and you see fit to complain about jumping through hurdles? For a mission you in particular would probably just walk over in the course of your normal play? 

Hell, if you did walk over it in the course of your regular play, you have even less cause for complaint. Turn the stream on, mute the tab, and go off and do anything else and go anywhere else, including back to bed. I don't think I actually watched more than ten minutes of it. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

Permacamos used to be rarer than hen's teeth as rewards, they incorporated bonuses and so were actually worth something. Now they seemingly give them away with breakfast cereals as while they are pretty, mostly, they serve no useful purpose.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I ve played stream, mute, went to sleep. Later claimed, win win.

I understand you don't actually have to watch the stream. You can open it and mute the tab and just let it run in the background for the required time. I was commenting more on having to do that just in general and then also have to go do a mission to get the stupid thing. That is asking a lot for something with no value beyond looks. JMHO.

Also, because of my time zone I had to wake up at 6AM on a Sunday to get Twitch running in the background so I could get the mission. They need to run these things at better/more appropriate times for the servers they are on. 

8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Also, because of my time zone I had to wake up at 6AM on a Sunday to get Twitch running in the background so I could get the mission. They need to run these things at better/more appropriate times for the servers they are on. 

This weekend’s event was a global tournament with teams from all servers. Early morning start times (6am Pacific, 9am Eastern) in NA correspond to early-to-mid afternoon in Europe and late evening in East and Southeast Asia (for example, this last weekend’s events kicked off at 10pm Tokyo time). While the tournament starts very early Sunday morning for the West Coast of the US and Canada, it can also run quite late into Sunday night/Monday morning for those on the other side of the Pacific. This time slot (or one very similar) is always used for the these types of events because it offers the best compromise, both for the teams participating from various regions and for the global audience.

Regardless, if WG sticks to their usual pattern of behavior this camo will likely show up in the Armory for CT in the future, so those that are interested in obtaining it should get another opportunity to do so eventually.

2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

This weekend’s event was a global tournament with teams from all servers. Early morning start times (6am Pacific, 9am Eastern) in NA correspond to early-to-mid afternoon in Europe and late evening in East and Southeast Asia (for example, this last weekend’s events kicked off at 10pm Tokyo time). While the tournament starts very early Sunday morning for the West Coast of the US and Canada, it can also run quite late into Sunday night/Monday morning for those on the other side of the Pacific. This time slot (or one very similar) is always used for the these types of events because it offers the best compromise, both for the teams participating from various regions and for the global audience.

Regardless, if WG sticks to their usual pattern of behavior this camo will likely show up in the Armory for CT in the future, so those that are interested in obtaining it should get another opportunity to do so eventually.

👍

13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Then don't tie the reward to it. 6AM requirements should be a non starter.

• Like 1

I got it because I thought it was a pretty good looking camo. The in-port animations for the skin are pretty cool too. Just a reminder how much the art department still carries the game.

I do agree that the time they did the tournament sucked and the justification given on the 'official forums' (No, I will never consider Discord a real replacement for forums) from Gaishu Isshoku was this:

Unfortunately international tournaments have to be somewhat reasonable hours for participants - we have players in NA, EU, and Asia/China. If it starts later then players in Asia particularly have to play until early morning Monday

Because apparently making Asian players have to get up early = bad, but making other regions players get up early = good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Because apparently making Asian players have to get up early = bad, but making other regions players get up early = good.

Sunday morning in NA corresponds to late Sunday night in East Asia/Australia. This means that pushing the time back to better accommodate the former would push the tournament activities further into early morning on a weekday (a work day for most people) for  the latter. The two sets of circumstances are quite different, and an argument can be made that the latter already have it worse under the current setup. It makes complete sense that WG sets up their time slots this way to keep these as weekend activities for as many participants/viewers as possible.

From a purely objective point of view this type of setup is in fact optimal for simultaneous global participation. These time slots correspond to the middle of the night/very early morning across the Pacific Ocean, i.e. the least populated time zones on Earth.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 11:42 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Rant over.

spacer.png 

got that myself  yesterday    similar to the constilation & Colorado camo  but HMS Victory used the color first 

even though its a black and white photo there is records stating at one point it was painted black and white 

i like the animated cannons in port 

1897_00_00_hms_victory.jpg

shot-24.05.20_13.42.06-0101.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight

I just completed the mission-chain and welcomed the "Viscount of Victory" St. Vincent camouflage to my Port.
It will sit in my inventory until I acquire the ship.

The cute cannons continue to fire even when the ship is in dry dock. 😄

image.thumb.png.89e95ae217cd99d09c2e7a185baccfa5.png