My top picks for tier 7 ranked! And why

BOBTHEBALL

15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

4) She doesn’t need to take IFHE to bump her 105mm secondaries up to 32mm of penetration, so she can achieve both universally effective DPM and fire-starting ability.

Just to clarify, she doesn't need to do it, but the 105's do not pen 32 without IFHE. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Just to clarify, she doesn't need to do it, but the 105's do not pen 32 without IFHE. 

German 105mm secondaries penetrate 26mm of armor. I wasn’t claiming they could pen 32mm without IFHE, but rather there is no need to pen 32mm (and thus choose to run IFHE).

My point is that there is no real benefit to penetrating 32mm when she doesn’t see tier VIII+ opponents, so players don’t even have to consider IFHE to elevate those guns to 32mm of pen. Mid-tier Ranked is a unique environment where players can enjoy universally effective penetration and good fire-starting ability, while in Randoms players are forced to make a choice between one or the other. Given how much PH is dependent on her secondaries, this decision has significant consequences regardless of which option the player chooses.

Edited by Nevermore135

14 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

German 105mm secondaries penetrate 26mm of armor. I wasn’t claiming they could pen 32mm without IFHE.

My point is that there is no real benefit to penetrating 32mm when she doesn’t see tier VIII+ opponents, so players don’t even have to consider IFHE to elevate those guns to 32mm of pen. Mid-tier Ranked is a unique environment where players can enjoy universally effective penetration and good fire-starting ability, while in Randoms players are forced to make a choice between one or the other.

I thought you mean that, but I wanted to clarify because so many people are confused about penetration thresholds.

• Like 1

• HogHammer unfeatured this topic
On 5/20/2024 at 1:57 AM, BOBTHEBALL said:

Rooke is 100% worth the try, amazing ship my favourite tier 7 BB.

What's your captain build for Rooke?

7 hours ago, Tricericon said:

image.png.d2242eb5a69cea6a3b3e899a652aae8c.png

For the final equipment slot you could go rudder however I feel like more value is gained from dcp mod as it has in-built prop mod.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 4:59 PM, Tricericon said:

Unless you plan on sitting still and tanking for extended periods of time, rudder shift will give better results. Better rudder means more bounced/dodged shots, easier un-masking/re-masking the rear turret, and more options when brawling. 

• Confused 1