10 Hours Of Fishing !!!!!

tm63au

Posted (edited)

Seriously at first I thought they were joking about the run time.

Then when I read the prologue I thought they were going to show underwater scenes for Subs or something and then cutting back to guys hanging around The Wisconsin.

But sure enough its actually 10 hours of guys siting around watching barnacles attach to the ship while another guy tries to hook a Marlin offshore !!! 

Fishing.thumb.jpg.b001b2135311d34d6d3425375b6dbada.jpg

Whats next a 20 hour video watching paint flake off of Smolensk's hull.

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Ah... found it! WG's new video on some phlegmatic fishermen. What's it about, staring at that image for 10 hours straight or something? Should I give it a try, game play's been a bit on the boring side for me lately, this might very well be the action packed break I could use. I must say very thoughtful of Wargaming to think about us like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw that. What's funny is they ask at the end if you'd like to rate the video...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Were the fishermen telling tall tales?  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised they don't have a pitiful reward drop in there to encourage folks to watch it so they can claim people love WG social media content...

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Haha 2

Great video, if you have trouble falling asleep that is.

• Haha 3

WG has shown you the true meaning of fishing.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm surprised they don't have a pitiful reward drop in there to encourage folks to watch it so they can claim people love WG social media content...

How do you know there isn't, if you didn't watch it.

image.jpeg.b646dc5745bd1888ce9148781999dc73.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Seriously at first I thought they were joking about the run time.

There is precedent, though.

Walk 35 miles in Tina's shoes! | 10 hours video | World of Warships Updates | Bonus codes inside 😉

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

From the comments below the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3lSprIXtRI

@thehandofdeath2106
14 hours ago
At 4:01:10 there is another code.

5 replies
@thehandofdeath2106
@thehandofdeath2106
14 hours ago
48:33 Another code.

@thehandofdeath2106
@thehandofdeath2106
14 hours ago
Yet another code at 5:37:12

@Jedi_Master_Obi-Wan_Kenobi66
12 hours ago
What do they do? I didnt see anything?

@thehandofdeath2106
@thehandofdeath2106
12 hours ago
They give you things, what I'm not so sure myself.

11 hours ago
@thehandofdeath2106  I just double checked: they give you 10 flags each.....

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 3

I skimmed through the video, and I see the effort was to make an ambient sound picture incorporating both the seaside and deep woods.  You can hear that same cricket that has performed in 'Bonanza' and 'The Rifleman'.  Personally, I don't like the sounds of sea as background noise when I'm surrounded by corn fields.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There is precedent, though.

Walk 35 miles in Tina's shoes! | 10 hours video | World of Warships Updates | Bonus codes inside 😉

I can't put my finger on it, but i find this one quite a bit more entertaining, i really wonder why. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

I can't put my finger on it, but i find this one quite a bit more entertaining, i really wonder why. :classic_biggrin:

For me, both videos offer entertainment in different flavors.  The fishing video is more relaxing though.

• Like 1

Could just imagine World Of Tanks version of this 

The setting a North African Oasis

Both Tiger 131 and The fury out of fuel and parked under Palm trees in the background with both Tank crews playing cards.

In the foreground some mechanic trying to attach the hose to a tank on a refuel truck for 10 hours. 

Riveting viewing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Could just imagine World Of Tanks version of this 

The setting a North African Oasis

Both Tiger 131 and The fury out of fuel and parked under Palm trees in the background with both Tank crews playing cards.

In the foreground some mechanic trying to attach the hose to a tank on a refuel truck for 10 hours. 

Riveting viewing

Pretty close to the 'forest garage' in WoT.

• Like 1

Based upon the comments below the youtube video, there are at least 3 bonus codes embedded within the video.
I tried all three and each of them activated for me, this morning.

And one of the fisherman does not stop in walking over the open gaps in the bridge. WG physics always amazes me.

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Based upon the comments below the youtube video, there are at least 3 bonus codes embedded within the video.

Found the codes at the posted timestamps and i was able to activate them, but nothing has been added to the game, as far as i can tell.

11 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Found the codes at the posted timestamps and i was able to activate them, but nothing has been added to the game, as far as i can tell.

Hmmm.
I haven't logged-in yet, myself.  Now I'm curious.

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Can you post the codes?

Ten hours of my life watching nothing is too much to hand over to WG. 🙂

Just now, majmac said:

Can you post the codes?

I'm not even going to use the codes.

I've stopped helping WG staff try to cover their incompetence before their leadership.

If they make good content, I'll watch it. I'm not so poor as to need to be paid to watch paint dry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, majmac said:

Can you post the codes?

I posted the link to the youtube page, which has the comments, including the codes.  Follow the bread-crumbs.  🙂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not even going to use the codes.

I've stopped helping WG staff try to cover their incompetence before their leadership.

If they make good content, I'll watch it. I'm not so poor as to need to be paid to watch paint dry.

In your haste to criticize, you seem to have missed @Wolfswetpaws response to your earlier criticism, where it was explained that you did not need to watch the video, the timestamps of the codes were included.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

In your haste to criticize, you seem to have missed @Wolfswetpaws response to your earlier criticism, where it was explained that you did not need to watch the video, the timestamps of the codes were included.

I didn't communicate my point well...I'm not going to use the codes, as WG staff will use that as an excuse to say that a 10 hour video of watching paint dry was a 'successful' social media engagement post.

If you have to bribe people to watch or interact with your content...it's not good content.

• Like 1

I was expecting, somehow, a post about that whole Sunday you just spent fishing, complete with photos of some beautiful fish (a nice pike, a few perch..), the pretty river bank you were at etc.

I'm disappointed.

Not that I blame anyone, I should have known better.😅