The duality of the WoWS community.

Zaydin

13 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

DDs are bad for the game.

ROFL. DDs are the one class that is & has remained challenging to play well & can have a great effect on the battle.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

49 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

You mean pushing recklessly?

This, likely, is me as a DD, tho, I don't intentionally do this - I just want to scout/spot like DDs are supposed to do. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zaydin said:

If by "pushing recklessly", you mean leaving the area I spawned in. I wasn't even close to a cap and was permaspotted by a DD within two minutes of the match starting and was focused by every BB in range.

DDs are bad for the game.

If you have replays you want looked at or builds to use please feel free to ask.

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

It seems you don't understand how to play the game, that is ok. We can solve that no problem. If you have replays you want looked at or builds to use please feel free to ask.

Yes, because apparently trying to get into a position where I can support a cap and getting perma-spotted by DDs in the process is 'poor play' and you will continue defending DDs now matter how unbalanced they are.

How did you get to be an editor with such a condescending and insulting attitude?

Edited by Zaydin

22 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

This, likely, is me as a DD, tho, I don't intentionally do this - I just want to scout/spot like DDs are supposed to do. 

In a match with airplanes, that's the planes job...not the DD.

• Like 1

DDs now matter how unbalanced they are.

DDs are not unbalanced. 

Yes, because apparently trying to get into a position where I can support a cap and getting perma-spotted by DDs in the process is 'poor play'

Depending on the way you travel towards the cap yes it can be poor play.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Yes, because apparently trying to get into a position where I can support a cap and getting perma-spotted by DDs in the process is 'poor play' and you will continue defending DDs now matter how unbalanced they are.

How did you get to be an editor with such a condescending and insulting attitude?

If you get wrecked trying to go somewhere very high risk, it was a poor decision to go there to begin with. Same thing with the DD doing the play you want to support - if he is going to die for his decision and you need to basically sacrifice yourself for it to work out, it's not worth dying with him. The best you can do in those situations is convert the enemy DD so it's at least a trade...and you don't need to be within sure-death range for that.

• Like 1

Is this the same Zaydin infamous for creating multiple threads clearly written by a BBaby on both the official Discord and Forums?

As it turns out, if you have a braindead take, people will call you out for it. 

• Like 3
  • Bored 2

16 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

If you get wrecked trying to go somewhere very high risk, it was a poor decision to go there to begin with. Same thing with the DD doing the play you want to support - if he is going to die for his decision and you need to basically sacrifice yourself for it to work out, it's not worth dying with him. The best you can do in those situations is convert the enemy DD so it's at least a trade...and you don't need to be within sure-death range for that.

High risk?! I was on Sleeping Giant on the south side of the map and hadn't even passed the H line after the match spotted when I was perma-spotted by DDs!

WHAT THE HELL WAS RISKY ABOUT WHAT I WAS DOING OTHER THAN BEING PUNISHED FOR PLAYING A BB IN A DD HEAVY MATCH?!

57 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

DDs are not unbalanced. 

Depending on the way you travel towards the cap yes it can be poor play.

Yes they are. They have a disproportionately negative impact on matches, more so than CVs or subs. People are afraid of pushing in DD matches for fear of getting deleted by walls of skill vomited out by DDs hiding in stealth at no risk to themselves. DDs created and help maintain the camping meta.

DD mains are just exceptionally good at artificially amplifying their complaints and acting like they are a bigger slice of the player base than they are.

Do tell what I am supposed to do on Sleeping Giant in a BB where I get spotted by DDs before I even pass the H line on the east side of the map. Or should BBs in general just give up on pushing at all and hide in the back so that Gods chosen class, DDs, can roam freely?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

WHAT THE HELL WAS RISKY ABOUT WHAT I WAS DOING OTHER THAN BEING PUNISHED FOR PLAYING A BB IN A DD HEAVY MATCH?!

You're acting as though BBs are weak in this game, that's not true at all haha. They have unrivaled survivability and punishing power. The ability to live through so much damage. Now I don't know the specifics of your ship or your build however I do know as a someone who's played BB quite a lot on Sleep Giant that you can quite easily get into the good positions without losing a lot of hp.

• Bored 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

You're acting as though BBs are weak in this game, that's not true at all haha. They have unrivaled survivability and punishing power. The ability to live through so much damage. Now I don't know the specifics of your ship or your build however I do know as a someone who's played BB quite a lot on Sleep Giant that you can quite easily get into the good positions without losing a lot of hp.

And you're deliberately ignoring how the match had barely started and I was permaspotted by a DD before I had a chance to even get close to position. I was not over-extended or pushing in against superior numbers. I had barely left spawn and was perma-spotted and there was somewhere between jack and shit I could do about it.

Edited by Zaydin

18 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Is this the same Zaydin infamous for creating multiple threads clearly written by a BBaby on both the official Discord and Forums?

Yes. HE bad.

1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

DD mains are just exceptionally good at artificially amplifying their complaints and acting like they are a bigger slice of the player base than they are.

The BB main cries out in pain as he hits you.

2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Do tell what I am supposed to do on Sleeping Giant in a BB where I get spotted by DDs before I even pass the H line on the east side of the map.

You can start by getting out of turret view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Yes they are. They have a disproportionately negative impact on matches, more so than CVs or subs. People are afraid of pushing in DD matches for fear of getting deleted by walls of skill vomited out by DDs hiding in stealth at no risk to themselves. DDs created and help maintain the camping meta.

Do tell what I am supposed to do on Sleeping Giant in a BB where I get spotted by DDs before I even pass the H line on the east side of the map. Or should BBs in general just give up on pushing at all and hide in the back so that Gods chosen class, DDs, can roam freely?

Oh no they don't, that's ok though. You're allowed to have your incorrect opinion, that is completely fine. However again you're acting as though BBs aren't the biggest tanks and best type of damage dealers in-game. Being able to survive millions and millions of potential damage thrown at them repeatedly while dealing back with huge salvos. 

There's a reason new players are advised to play BBs first, it's because they allow them to live longer and in turn learn more about the game. There's no use trying to learn when you can't survive in your DD or cruiser. BBs allow them to learn without having the risk of dying instantly at the start of the match.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

And you're deliberately ignoring how the match had barely started and I was permaspotted by a DD before I had a chance to even get close to position. I was not over-extended or pushing in against superior numbers. I had barely left spawn and was perma-spotted and there was somewhere between jack and shit I could do about it.

If you send me a replay of that match maybe I can provide some actual advice, as for now it sounds like you positioned wrong or your team just left a flank exposed. Unless you provide us a replay to prove us otherwise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Yes. HE bad.

The BB main cries out in pain as he hits you.

You can start by getting out of turret view.

Lol

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

DDs are not unbalanced. 

Bold claim...

...not sure it can be backed up fully.

Mostly because none of the ships in game are actually 'balanced' in my experience, to say nothing of classes.

I am under the impression that game play balance is a very low priority for WG staff. We shouldn't expect actual balance to be a thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Bold claim...

...not sure it can be backed up fully.

Mostly because none of the ships in game are actually 'balanced' in my experience, to say nothing of classes.

I am under the impression that game play balance is a very low priority for WG staff. We shouldn't expect actual balance to be a thing.

If that's what you think feel free to think that way. 

11 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

If you are permaspotted, it's time to get out of dodge.

Yes, sometimes the game puts you at a disadvantage...sometimes even a permanent disadvantage.

You've got to learn to play within that reality and do your best.

No one at WG cares about this inequity...in fact, it's part of their monetization strategy.

Adapt or die, basically.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

If that's what you think feel free to think that way. 

I will.

I don't need your permission to hold opinions.

You aren't like, my wife, or anything like that...

😄

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

If you send me a replay of that match maybe I can provide some actual advice, as for now it sounds like you positioned wrong or your team just left a flank exposed. Unless you provide us a replay to prove us otherwise.

Yeah, some context as to what exactly happened would be good, but for now with some generic analysis...

6 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

So, you're supposed to be spotted that early. You need to be seen because BBs can crush the cruisers who have to get even closer to usefully support a lot of times. This gives them info so they can position against you. I mean, you should know all of this? You have more Randoms games than I do. The most useful thing the DD does is spot, torping is purely an afterthought.

Being unspotted in a BB is either transition movement, very early game positioning (until you get to a cap support spot where you'll generally be spotted from), or you got lucky in how you approached something because the enemy team had a hole in their spotting net. In other words, being concealed in a BB (if you are being useful) is a privilege. By design, you are supposed to be seen most of the relevant time of the match and just play around that to do your role. Even stealthy BBs only use concealment to reposition most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I will.

I don't need your permission to hold opinions.

You aren't like, my wife, or anything like that...

😄

Lol 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2024 at 1:49 PM, Zaydin said:

Bonus points: Dare say anything even slightly negative about the balance of DDs and the role they play in shaping the meta or say anything remotely in defense of subs/CVs and you get torn apart.

Carrying as a DD.jpg

Oh dear.

Why don't you try playing DDs? Maybe you will see that they are inherently unbalanced, if "inherently unbalanced" means staying alive while getting your concealment (your main survivability and playmaking point) picked apart by 69 other things in this game and being expected to cap, spot and on top of that, do meaningful damage. Submarines and CVs don't even play the same game as the 3 surface classes, so I'm not quite sure what the "double standard" is. As things stand currently DDs have far too much to deal with while also being the class with one of the highest impacts on the game. Is that what you mean by "DD bad?"

Or did you just come here looking for affirmation? 

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

3 minutes ago, RX160S_Byarlant_Custom said:

Oh dear.

Why don't you try playing DDs? Maybe you will see that they are inherently unbalanced, if "inherently unbalanced" means staying alive while getting your concealment (your main survivability and playmaking point) picked apart by 69 other things in this game and being expected to cap, spot and on top of that, do meaningful damage. Submarines and CVs don't even play the same game as the 3 surface classes, so I'm not quite sure what the "double standard" is. As things stand currently DDs have far too much to deal with while also being the class with one of the highest impacts on the game. Is that what you mean by "DD bad?"

Or did you just come here looking for affirmation? 

I mean, DDs are the second most survivable class behind CVs, IMO.

People just like to play DDs a bit too aggressively, as far as Ive seen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RX160S_Byarlant_Custom said:

As things stand currently DDs have far too much to deal with while also being the class with one of the highest impacts on the game.

Now now, as every other ships types, DDs are a mixed bag. Some playstyles are quite simple, straight forward, and not particularly risky. Take a DD able to move at 45+ knots, with 14+ kms of gun range, no citadel, etc... Life is joy and the world is yours to farm. 

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1