The duality of the WoWS community.

Zaydin

Bonus points: Dare say anything even slightly negative about the balance of DDs and the role they play in shaping the meta or say anything remotely in defense of subs/CVs and you get torn apart.

Carrying as a DD.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Bored 8

I think Base XP earned by submarines in Random Battles are disproportionately high compared to what destroyers do.

It is understandable the vitriol a submarine or CV can attract. This game has always been for the most part a rock paper scissor affair. Submarines and aircraft carriers throw that concept out of the window and not all are able to adapt—even Wargaming's Community Managers got hilariously shotgunned to death live on official stream by an undetected submarine, only mere minutes after downplaying the unfair advantage of shotgunning.

But to be torn apart for carrying a game in a destroyer is simply a skill issue of those who complain. Carrying a game in a destroyer should be complimented, celebrated even, given the amount of radars and aircraft spotting present.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I think Base XP earned by submarines in Random Battles are disproportionately high compared to what destroyers do.

It is understandable the vitriol a submarine or CV can attract. This game has always been for the most part a rock paper scissor affair. Submarines and aircraft carriers throw that concept out of the window and not all are able to adapt—even Wargaming's Community Managers got hilariously shotgunned to death live on official stream by an undetected submarine, only mere minutes after downplaying the unfair advantage of shotgunning.

But to be torn apart for carrying a game in a destroyer is simply a skill issue of those who complain. Carrying a game in a destroyer should be complimented, celebrated even, given the amount of radars and aircraft spotting present.

Yeah no, you completely misinterpreted what I wrote. If you say anything remotely critical of DDs, you get torn to shreds.

People praise DDs that carry a game but have nothing but scorn for subs/CVs that do the same.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

Yeah no, you completely misinterpreted what I wrote. If you say anything remotely critical of DDs, you get torn to shreds.

People praise DDs that carry a game but have nothing but scorn for subs/CVs that do the same.

My bad. 

I can understand the scorn subs or CVs get for carrying a game. Both classes throw out the window the rock paper scissor concept. And most of the time the 'carry' if done by a sub is due to its advantages that most have not adapted to yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

The one thing I would be critical about, whether it is DD's, subs, CV's, whatever, is when the game offers no effective counter play options. When it comes to DD's, the counter play options are there. It's then just a matter of whether the opposing team uses them or fails to do so. With subs and CV's the situation is very different, because the counter play options they have are much less effective or non existent, so the sub/CV players are not exploiting the failure of the opposing players, which would be good game play, but they are exploiting the failure of game design instead which translates into bad game design.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Bonus points: Dare say anything even slightly negative about the balance of DDs and the role they play in shaping the meta or say anything remotely in defense of subs/CVs and you get torn apart.

Coz common sense people don't like dishonesty. Meaning dd's participate in the survival game, while Cv's not. And subs have artificially  enhanced earnings, while being Wedgie's new "darling", as opposed to the other classes.

That being said, I equally torn into all of em, if played bad and have no probs comping subs or cvs,  if play well.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

...say anything remotely in defense of subs/CVs and you get torn apart.

For instance?

4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

carry a game

What is your definition of carry?  
My definition of to carry a game means to have at least 4 kills, 200k and at least 2 caps.  
Topping the battle results doesn’t you carried the game. With improved Xp earnings, subs may get top spot, but not carried. A good CV players can carry a match quite easily. For a DD you have to play your ass off. 
Sounds like you’re mad at DD players for some reason. 

• Haha 1

Bonus points: they get mad enough to start threads about the 1 key.

image.png.5b9bef4b18efe731d28edcc27215acc7.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Psst. What's the 1 key? Will it help me win?

Asking for a friend, ... as always.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile, at WG HQ...senior leaders are laughing at the player community while it attacks each other for the terrible game and economy balancing decisions made by WG senior leadership...

The game is intentionally balanced this poorly and then we are encouraged to blame each other.

Send the toxicity where it belongs...to WG HQ.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

image.png.aba9c026abc2e1ee4fcfc13a2a6e9149.png

Don't tell anyone I told you. It's literally cheating.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Carrying as a DD.jpg

If only WG staff would properly moderate their game...instead of gleefully encouraging the toxicity.

What have you done to communicate your irritation with the current state of affairs to WG staff?

Doing so with the community will achieve absolutely nothing...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Which is as it should be. You think it's any kind of 'ability' to play two barf classes of vessel intentionally bent & mutilated as badly as CVs & Subs are by WG?

Edited by Aethervox
  • Bored 2

First observing this thread topic title, I thought the duality of the WoWS community, the point would be about the duality of the community into those who blindly support WG & those who criticize WG. On this point, I'm on the side who criticize WG (all the missed opportunities of WG to have kept & made this game great). We need a baseball cap with the moniker 'MWoWSGA' 😁.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

My bad. 

I can understand the scorn subs or CVs get for carrying a game. Both classes throw out the window the rock paper scissor concept. And most of the time the 'carry' if done by a sub is due to its advantages that most have not adapted to yet.

Buying into the "rock, paper, scissors" concept was a foolish endeavor to begin with, in my opinion.

In real warfare the professionals talk about logistics more than "glory" and strive to ensure their side has a 3-to-1 advantage (at least) when attacking.
Fighting "fair" is not required. 
In point of fact, it is foolish and the best leaders avoid doing it, because they want to minimize casualties of their own forces.

So, from the start, having each team being a known quantity (team rosters tell you which ships are on each team) already is artificially "fair".
Knowing that spawning positions are mirrored is artificially "fair".

Submarines have been nerfed, repeatedly. 
Their torpedoes are now useless within 2km, because some people were better at whining than winning.

What <bleep>ing more do you and other people want?!?  😄 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Example:
Press the "1" key to load High-Explosive main-gun ammunition.
Press the "2" key to load Armor-piercing main-gun ammunition.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Send the toxicity where it belongs...to WG HQ.

This.  ^^^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Submarines have been nerfed, repeatedly. 
Their torpedoes are now useless within 2km, because some people were better at whining than winning.

What <bleep>ing more do you and other people want?!?  😄

The hydrophone consumable should alert an enemy that a bearing was taken.

A torpedo magazine module in submarines which allows for a detonation chance.

The torpedo change should have been a simple arming distance increase instead of the nonsense we got.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

The torpedo change should have been a simple arming distance increase instead of the nonsense we got.

Sorryyoucannotaddanymorereactionstoday_screenshot_08-16-2023_.thumb.jpg.4ee7e5225c7755f5837050c8d6a530d2.jpg
🙂

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

First observing this thread topic title, I thought the duality of the WoWS community, the point would be about the duality of the community into those who blindly support WG & those who criticize WG.

Isn't it really? ... Those lines are drawn very closely to support on Sub/CV. 

We need a baseball cap with the moniker 'MWoWSGA' 😁.

Wasn't that the motto for adding Superships? 

You think it's any kind of 'ability' to play two barf classes of vessel

There's very evident 'ability' linked to playing both types (CV/Subs). The difference in results between high skill and low skill is quite dramatic.

• Like 3
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

image.png.aba9c026abc2e1ee4fcfc13a2a6e9149.png

Don't tell anyone I told you. It's literally cheating.

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Example:

meanwhile me in an atlantico: frustration exist

shot-24_05.19_01_12.30-0410.thumb.jpg.e1866ef6e2cf0734ebfbe92711b8752a.jpg

shot-24_05.19_01_13.45-0638.thumb.jpg.3cb22a48a6890292f0538ff66bed2549.jpg

spend the entire match shooting that hipper broadside with a couple shots to its bow. long range, mid range and some from short range... nothing but overpens and bounces. then i citadel the heinrich  from mid range 

The RNG force was strong on this one 😆

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:
47 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Example:

meanwhile me in an atlantico: frustration exist

Granted, there are some exceptions involving ships which only offer one type of ammunition for their main-guns.

29 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

1. Indeed.  

2. It's complicated. Almost all the damage Subs receive is área damage, meaning the modules take a lot of damage on most attacks. The magazine would explode with extreme frecuency. 

3. Messing with arming ranges was Bad to begin with. The proper solution was improving active detection of Subs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

1. Indeed.  

2. It's complicated. Almost all the damage Subs receive is área damage, meaning the modules take a lot of damage on most attacks. The magazine would explode with extreme frecuency. 

3. Messing with arming ranges was Bad to begin with. The proper solution was improving active detection of Subs.

They did do #3, with the proliferation of "submarine surveilance" on selected cruisers.

At least you and @SolitudeFreak are approaching the situation with an interest in comprehensive understanding of the whole picture.
Some people simply have the "subs"/"cv's" "are bad" mentality and would prefer to eliminate ship types which were historically present (thus denying their representation in-game).

• Like 4