What the Frick Happened to Aslain’s Modpack!!????

Utt_Bugglier

I download the latest modpack, and the first thing I noticed is in the Downloads window that the exclamation point with the warning “death awaits you ALL, with nasty big pointy teeth!!!” ISN’T there.

And no more eleventy jillion clicks to tell my system “don’t delete it, I really want to install and run this thing, now STF YOU!!!!!”

I mean, what the he…ck? Is it broken or something?

I can’t use a modpack like this!!

“Totally unplayable.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

@Utt_Bugglier  You got a screenshot, by any chance? I just installed 13.4 (update #2) from Aslain, and it works/installs like it always has.  

Screenshot2024-05-18131854.png.cab975992f3f5c05118bb16289bd0ea8.png

• Like 1

This can happen when your browser/windows have updated. The file is flagged as harmful for some reason, probably as it has an exe extension. Generally after you've told the browser and the OS that it's okay usually both will be okay with it until the next browser/OS update.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, HogHammer said:

@Utt_Bugglier  You got a screenshot, by any chance? I just installed 13.4 (update #2) from Aslain, and it works/installs like it always has.  

Screenshot2024-05-18131854.png.cab975992f3f5c05118bb16289bd0ea8.png

Its  humour. He is jesting about his system NOT flagging the installer, as it sometimes happens.

14 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

“Totally unplayable.”

Ze deep state my man, I'm telling you, Aslain is now part of it !!!

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Efros said:

This can happen when your browser/windows have updated. The file is flagged as harmful for some reason, probably as it has an exe extension. Generally after you've told the browser and the OS that it's okay usually both will be okay with it until the next browser/OS update.

You make it sound like you are having actual discussions about this with your browser and OS.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You make it sound like you are having actual discussions about this with your browser and OS.

You mean you don't? 🖥️😄

• Haha 1

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 4:17 AM, Andrewbassg said:

Ze deep state my man, I'm telling you, Aslain is now part of it !!!

14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif 

Yes! It all makes sense now!!!: The Deep State was trying to keep us from Aslain’s mods. Now he’s PART of the deep state man, thus no need to block us from him!!

On 5/19/2024 at 4:22 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Only to the extent that until this past weekend, I was always growling to the computer “just shut up and f&%#ing INSTALL it already!!!!”

And now? I don’t have to. Or get to. I feel deprived of a recurring visceral experience.

Now I gotta go to a gym or something to get the same fix.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Haha 3

Well, I know that @Aslain publishes updates & changes frequently in a topic devoted to their mods.