OK WG, Challenge Accepted!!!

SoshiSone

WG MM likes to put my T8 ships in lots of T10 battles.  Not those T10 battles with a couple of T10 and the rest T9 or T8.  But a whopping nine T10, a couple of T9, and one...lonely...T8...ME!  Ok...I get it WG.  Well...game on. 

shot-24_05.16_21_36.28-0177.thumb.jpg.41d0cf32413b0af287e488cf07d37c04.jpg

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

WG MM likes to put my T8 ships in lots of T10 battles.  Not those T10 battles with a couple of T10 and the rest T9 or T8.  But a whopping nine T10, a couple of T9, and one...lonely...T8...ME!  Ok...I get it WG.  Well...game on. 

Well played!  CommanderMcBraggApproves_meme_12-14-2022_.thumb.jpg.0ce5ff020cbd60fc7740c30ff0622401.jpgDrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0f2763590046c89bd5bf15ac8e9c3037.jpg

Posted (edited)

I just got out of a tier 11 battle in my Iowa.

Both of my team's super ships were bottom of our team. One scored 250 baseXP, the other < 500.

I did my bit, and in the end...it was me and our Harugumo against their Chikuma II and Wisconsin. They were slightly ahead on points, and their Chikuma II knew to stay hidden and spot for the Wisconsin.

I tried, but their Wisconsin got his sixth kill.

It was a good battle, but Iowa is just outmatched one on one against a good Wisconsin player.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Had a few matches go that way myself recently. Gets pretty funny when you late game point-blank brawl a Bungo and then later a Montana and sail away the winner both times in the same game as Amagi. Granted I didn't have much health left after the Montana. 😅

WG has to make it fair for the other players so they up tier you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

WG has to make it fair for the other players so they up tier you.

This.  ^^^^  🙂 

9 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It was a good battle, but Iowa is just outmatched one on one against a good Wisconsin player.

Not surprising given Wisconsin is T10.  Same thing with Baltimore and Des Moines.  It's not insurmountable, but all other things being equal, most T10s have a distinct advantage over T9s (not always, but most times there is a noteworthy jump in power).

At least you gave good account.  Sounds like your Supership BB players should have stuck around and learned how to do that.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Not surprising given Wisconsin is T10.  Same thing with Baltimore and Des Moines.  It's not insurmountable, but all other things being equal, most T10s have a distinct advantage over T9s (not always, but most times there is a noteworthy jump in power).

At least you gave good account.  Sounds like your Supership BB players should have stuck around and learned how to do that.

Yep.

I'm sure I could have done better...but I feel no shame in losing that fight. Plus the Wisconsin was a better skilled player (six kills and he knew how to time shots and dodge), plus had one of the unique American captains.

Our superships were a cruiser / battleship division...not sure what they went and did to die...as they abandoned the center for me to hold and headed to the other flank.

I assume they got farmed to death by the other team.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Yet if you play a T6, you are the only T6 in a T8 battle.

3 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Yet if you play a T6, you are the only T6 in a T8 battle.

That isn't true.  The other team has to make do with a T6 ship as well, rather than a T8 if you had decided to run one.  That's one reason I like to run lower tiers...I trust in my ability to fight ships two levels above my own and am willing to bet the opposing commander put in the same place won't have the same ease.

• Like 1

some ships are really bad bottom tiered.   Like playing a New Mexico vs north carolina's.   But others, like the HuangeHe do almost as well bottom teired.  That's why it's my favorite ship.   That and it's the best i got in any tier against subs and cv's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

That isn't true.  The other team has to make do with a T6 ship as well, rather than a T8 if you had decided to run one.  That's one reason I like to run lower tiers...I trust in my ability to fight ships two levels above my own and am willing to bet the opposing commander put in the same place won't have the same ease.

For me, I remind myself that I'm not expected to carry as bottom tier...and my goal is to surprise the enemy team with my skill...because I'm about to get seriously rewarded with credits and XP just for being in that battle.

• Like 1