Weakest battle pass so far?

MBT808

Weakest battle pass so far?(if no, please share which and why)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Weakest battle pass so far?(if no, please share which and why)

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ah... so it helps to think of them as something like... Yoda?

maybe. but still have teens'body. try to think Yoda become a old jedi master but have white and thin(and low) women body,while still have flat/huge breast. that is one of sample that could approved

Edited by Kawaii_shirasu_azusa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

I'm sure you would.

In addition to Barbie, we need a @Sailor_Moon collaboration, too, I think.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Toy Story 2 - Tour guide Barbie

Shared for the sake of "comparison".  🙂 

Those Barbies all appeared to be of age, however.

(😃)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I'm going to out myself, but as a fan of AL I don't see the issue with this BP. It's for AL fans, which might be a minority of players.

I'm really liking the free QE camo.

That is the issue though. It is bad business to cater to a small group. There is NOTHING wrong with having "niche" stuff if WG chooses to do a collaboration for a "small" set of the player base. WOWS is F2P but not free to develop and run so I am all for WG making money. But don't make it a central event for the entire update that a lot of your players will have no interest in.

Making the Battlepass something that will appeal to only a select # of the player base is frankly stupid. Not only does it limit the money WG will make vs doing something that appeals to a majority of the players but it can actually turn people off when they put something many players find offensive front and center as a main event. WG is already struggling to keep veterans and bring new people in so why do something like this?

Their choice of "niche" stuff to present front and center as the Battlepass rewards is not wise IMHO. They would be far better served to offer generic and appealing to all players content for these main events like the Battlepass. They could have sold the AL stuff in the armory and shop this update like they are for the weeb folks, then done a Battlepass with regular stuff we all have interest in, and made way more money.

I swear every time someone says "this is the worst idea/event/whatever WG has ever had" the person at HQ that makes these decisions hears it and says...

tenor.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

maybe. but still have teens'body. try to think Yoda become a old jedi master but have white and thin(and low) women body,while still have flat/huge breast. that is one of sample that could approved

I'm doing I'm doing...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Making the Battlepass something that will appeal to only a select # of the player base is frankly stupid.

Regardless of my feelings on the content itself, this pass is not nearly as stupid (and disrespectful) as the previous pass which treated us clearly as lab rats and denied us any choice in the matter.

Watching half the player base receive a deal for a 0 net cost (in doubloon) paid track was just infuriating, and quite honestly there was no excuse for it.

As far as AL is concerned, sure it's probably not to everyone's liking, but it probably is a net benefit to WG since if this is the 6th run, it's probably making them money. If you aren't interested, just consider that doubloons in the bank for later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

DeNile isn't just a river in Egypt...

😄

Look, folks don't like a battlepass...and recent ones haven't been universally popular. That's ok to share.

Trying to censor negative hype is so pointless.

This is the correct take.

I'm not into the weeb culture, so there is literally nothing of interest in either track for me.

That is not the case for a subset of the playerbase, which is what this patch's pass is all about.

I would go so far as to say that WG named the pass with “Azure Lane” contained in the name simply to allow WG to say “look how many participated in this AL-themed event!”  Convenient, that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Regardless of my feelings on the content itself, this pass is not nearly as stupid (and disrespectful) as the previous pass which treated us clearly as lab rats and denied us any choice in the matter.

Watching half the player base receive a deal for a 0 net cost (in doubloon) paid track was just infuriating, and quite honestly there was no excuse for it.

As far as AL is concerned, sure it's probably not to everyone's liking, but it probably is a net benefit to WG since if this is the 6th run, it's probably making them money. If you aren't interested, just consider that doubloons in the bank for later.

I too dislike it when WG rewards one group better than another group. Doesn't matter what the situation is. They are easily the worst company I have ever dealt with as far as how they treat and interact with their customers. They are SO BAD at it LOL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I too dislike it when WG rewards one group better than another group. Doesn't matter what the situation is. They are easily the worst company I have ever dealt with as far as how they treat and interact with their customers. They are SO BAD at it LOL.

Does this apply to the paid BP (which is optional) or the free BP rewards as well? Still, what's free is free nonetheless. I haven't looked at the details, but is anything missing from the free rewards that you would usually find there?

50 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Those Barbies all appeared to be of age, however.

(😃)

Yes. 
And the Barbie product line includes teen-age appearing and child-age appearing dolls, such as Stacie and Chelsea.
https://shop.mattel.com/collections/barbie

Yes it is. But then I am not surprised. I have not paid attention to the Battle Pass and its paid or free contents after I got the Tokachi many, many months ago.

I think this is Wargaming's own little way of stopping us from spending real money on the game. 

Thank you, WG! LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Does this apply to the paid BP (which is optional) or the free BP rewards as well? Still, what's free is free nonetheless. I haven't looked at the details, but is anything missing from the free rewards that you would usually find there?

It was in reference to the paid BP of the last build, having two paid “tracks,” each with differing rewards.

• Like 1

Problem is that WG values these new perma camos more then they are actually worth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes. 
And the Barbie product line includes teen-age appearing and child-age appearing dolls, such as Stacie and Chelsea.
https://shop.mattel.com/collections/barbie

What's the fascination with Barbie dolls? Did all of you play with them when you were kids? 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Gillhunter said:

What's the fascination with Barbie dolls? Did all of you play with them when you were kids? 

GI Joe had to have someone to win the war for and come home to. Ken should’ve been named Jodie. 

Edited by Type_93
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

8 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

GI Joe had to have someone to win the war for and come home to. Ken should’ve been named Jodie. 

LOL - This.  ^^^^  Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.8ecebac601286f813d7e15f6e8eed784.jpgDrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0f2763590046c89bd5bf15ac8e9c3037.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The person I responded to was talking about last month's BP where some players got the full 2500 cost back and others only got 1250. I was agreeing that was wrong and commenting how I hate it when WG does that. It should be the same, for all players, at all times in EVERYTHING to do with the game.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Problem is that WG values these new perma camos more then they are actually worth

WG values a LOT of stuff more than what it is worth to the players.

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

My sister's Barbie's were the hostages that always got beheaded and burned before my GI Joe's could save them (the fact I am also the one who held them hostage and beheaded them and burned them is irrelevant).

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I swear every time someone says "this is the worst idea/event/whatever WG has ever had" the person at HQ that makes these decisions hears it and says...

I still stand by the worst decision they made to date was to trying to pull a fast one with the anniversary event. That was so transparently greedy move to try and screw is over as consumers.

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I’d argue that, outside of the for dubs only, technically any perma camo for credits has next to no value. They get given away so often now, or generating the necessary credits to get them, makes paying actual money for pointless.

18 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Just glanced through it, I thought the last pass was particularly bad. . . this is worse. We talk about bad battle passes almost every update, but this one seems to be legitimately bad.

Last one was excellent. 

Don't care for Azure Lane, the weeb captains and camos are turned off for me and all the camos in the paid pass (actually seeing I have a winter camo for QE I have perma camos for all the ships- Samauri for Fuso, Freedom and soon Invasion Stripes for Balti, and Victory Banner for Chappy) I already have a better looking camo for them, so I won't spend dubs for this, but I know others will because Azure Lane is popular among some people.

Though the worst BPs have gotta be either US CVs and LNY. Worse rewards, more cost, and even LNY's free pass gave 10 premium containers that could drop ships exclusive to that container (got Bajie from one of those.)

8 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Surprisingly/alarmingly (delete as appropriate), weebery seems to be pretty popular in NA too, based on what I've seen. It may not be aimed at grumpy old guys (i.e. us, putting my Presuming Trousers on), but there appears to be a fairly substantial market out there.

As an example, there's a big Anime con happening in Toronto in a little over a week; I'm told the expected attendance is 'traffic stopping' enormous: https://www.animenorth.com/

Anime has become very popular.

There are multiple Anime Conventions around the country, one of the bigger ones is Anime Expo (AX) in LA.

That said, Anime is not for everyone.

I enjoy it, and surprisingly my Father enjoys it as well. Actually, I have been surprised by what my Dad has found on his own. 

Now this isn't to say that I enjoy all Anime shows. There are several very popular Animes out there I will have nothing to do with (One Punch Man, My Hero Academia, Full Metal Alchemist to name a few). I just dont see why those are popular.

As for the Battle Pass: WG seems to go with a theme on the Battle Pass, going with whatever the recent update is. Commonwealth Cruisers, Golden Week, Journey to the West, there have been several I haven't cared for and didn't even bother with. The Battle Pass isn't always going to be something everyone likes.

As for Collabs, we had Hot Wheels, Warhammer 40k, Transformers, Godzilla/King Kong, anything is possible. However, WG is probably going to look at the almighty spreadsheet and see what demographic they are aiming for. Has WG ever released anything about the players? Percentage of gender, age group, etc? They are going to likely do collabs that they see a potential of return on. They know that Azur Lane gets them a return, if not from NA and EU, then from Asia.

And lets face it, there would likely be an uproar in the community if a server got something and it was denied to the others. Remember what happened with the Alabama. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Perhaps.
Or, their marketing department might be in-touch with the portion of the player-base that actually spends money?
To be fair, I don't have the proprietary & confidential internal survey & polling data that only WG/WOWs knows.  So, I'm just guessing.

Well that begs the question whether people have stopped spending because they don't like the material being offered or not?  People will buy what appeals to them. Personally not a fan of anime but I am glad that it is in the game for those people who enjoy it. If you offer options and choices, you can appeal to a wider group of players. To even consider that people who are not into that crap, do not spend money is just stupid. There are and always have been (least to my knowledge) a huge group of players that like historical or at least historical looking content.  

There is a very good reason Walmart offers customers choices between Coke, Pepsi, and a generic brand of cola. They make more money by giving people options. 

• Like 1