Weakest battle pass so far?

MBT808

Weakest battle pass so far?(if no, please share which and why)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Weakest battle pass so far?(if no, please share which and why)

• Yes
    • No

47 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Toy Story 2 - Tour guide Barbie

Shared for the sake of "comparison".  🙂 

So when is WoWs coming out with the Barbie captains and camo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The one thing that bugs me about events like this, is that it only appeals to those people who already like the cartoon stuff. We already have a mechanic in the game to choose your rewards, they could do the same thing for BP if they were able to think of something other than themselves.  If you let people CHOOSE the cartoon stuff or an option for something that look less stupid and more "historical", then you pretty much cover the entire player base. I mean everyone unless they just didn't care at all about anything but grey ships. 

Wargaming is lazy and they are out of touch with a good chunk of their player base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

The battle pass is just meh.  I like the camo for Queen Elizabeth, but I already have three perma camos for that ship.  I just don't understand why WG tries to put this anime stuff into a 'thinking man's game' that requires attention to become proficient and a certain reverence for the age of steam powered warships. These characters don't fit into my fantasy of being a fleet admiral.

• Like 4

WedGie is trying to pivot to the, what's it called?, Gascha? Market

8 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The battle pass is just meh.  I like the camo for Queen Elizabeth, but I already have three perma camos for that ship.  I just don't understand why WG tries to put this anime stuff into a 'thinking man's game' that requires attention to become proficient and a certain reverence for the age of steam powered warships. These characters don't fit into my fantasy of being a fleet admiral.

I don't know, but practically every bit of advertisement I've seen for WoWS ASIA has involved 'anime stuff'. Exclusively characters of the female persuasion. You're not thinking the things you ought to be thinking, I think.

• Haha 2

It's very considerate of WG wanting to help me save money. Also, I know I have said this a few times before, but will say it again... it's absolutely hilarious that WG is still thinking permanent camo has the same value that it did when it still had all the bonuses tied to them, lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If Weegee decides to put some Ocean Guardians container into premium pass(like the extra stage section) I may actually consider buying.

I am not saying this battlepass isn't good. There is Fuso captain, 3 linkable perma camo and 3 linked camo for the paid pass, which is quite a lot. For those like AL cosmetic it is quite a nice deal, although it is meh for me as I value boat much more than those eye candy.

BTW: I play AL on the Chinese server (bilibili to be exact) but I always like their part of the collab much better because I can enjoy everything without spending a dime.

Edited by a252
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, a252 said:

If Weegee decides to put some Ocean Guardians container into premium container (like the extra stage section) I may actually consider buying.

I am not saying this battlepass isn't good. There is Fuso captain, 3 linkable perma camo and 3 linked camo for the paid pass, which is quite a lot. For those like AL cosmetic it is quite a nice deal, although it is meh for me as I value boat much more than those eye candy.

BTW: I play AL on the Chinese server (bilibili to be exact) but I always like their part of the collab much better because I can enjoy everything without spending a dime.

waiting for 7th research😄

Edited by Kawaii_shirasu_azusa
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

It's very considerate of WG wanting to help me save money. Also, I know I have said this a few times before, but will say it again... it's absolutely hilarious that WG is still thinking permanent camo has the same value that it did when it still had all the bonuses tied to them, lol.

@Colonel Potter  thank you !  I am tired of spending on fluff as well.  I am down to my last 4K dubs and that is it.

I really think this is a pandering to the Asian market. 

Imagine, having parents looking for a non-graphic violence, historically motivated games for their home schooled kids and they see "that ^^^^" !   Oh my......

• Like 1

I'm going to out myself, but as a fan of AL I don't see the issue with this BP. It's for AL fans, which might be a minority of players.

I'm really liking the free QE camo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

At least they didn't have these "girls in sexy clothes" printed directly on the ships

{BDEA44D8-4AE6-49a1-961B-2978C50A31B1}.png

{56146B12-93E3-430b-8257-5976ED5D79FC}.png

{B3DC5F3C-6DAB-443f-8908-10C613E041E6}.png

{F4C7621A-8ADC-462f-8796-DAE96A0C7178}.png

{5B839F31-F879-40df-919F-1403089166BF}.png

The Pin-up artwork is on the Kansas' Golden Eagle camouflage for WOWs P.C., too.
Skip to the 1 minute & 2 seconds time-stamp in the video to see the Pin-up artwork on the smokestack.

USS Kansas - Golden Eagle Skin 360 | World of Warships Legends

Might be "tame" by Azur Lane standards, but, I offer it as an example.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

So when is WoWs coming out with the Barbie captains and camo?

Good question.  Hopefully the answer is "Soon".  🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wargaming is lazy and they are out of touch with a good chunk of their player base. 

Perhaps.
Or, their marketing department might be in-touch with the portion of the player-base that actually spends money?
To be fair, I don't have the proprietary & confidential internal survey & polling data that only WG/WOWs knows.  So, I'm just guessing.

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Which begs the question, "What exactly is your fantasy of being a Fleet Admiral?"  Inquiring minds want to know.  🙂 
image_2023-08-24_201504509.thumb.png.1ed1bc3a4e07cea31a7e6c9350c0cfab.png  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WG has decided that the event that they want to hype up with this month’s Event Pass is the Azur Lane collaboration, just like how last month’s pass was themed around their Golden Week/Wishing Wharf event. This move is consistent with the marketing strategy they rolled out when they reworked the system last Christmas.

Given the overall popularity of AL compared to WoWs and the fact that this is the sixth iteration of an AL collaboration, I suspect this is one of those cases where the marketing guys know what they are doing.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't know, but practically every bit of advertisement I've seen for WoWS ASIA has involved 'anime stuff'. Exclusively characters of the female persuasion. You're not thinking the things you ought to be thinking, I think.

Steam-chan might say, "Right you are, @Admiral_Karasu!"?  😉 
header.jpg?t=1707208117&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Asym said:

I really think this is a pandering to the Asian market.

Surprisingly/alarmingly (delete as appropriate), weebery seems to be pretty popular in NA too, based on what I've seen. It may not be aimed at grumpy old guys (i.e. us, putting my Presuming Trousers on), but there appears to be a fairly substantial market out there.

As an example, there's a big Anime con happening in Toronto in a little over a week; I'm told the expected attendance is 'traffic stopping' enormous: https://www.animenorth.com/

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Pin-up artwork is on the Kansas' Golden Eagle camouflage for WOWs P.C., too.

Skip to the 1 minute & 2 seconds time-stamp in the video to see the Pin-up artwork on the smokestack.

USS Kansas - Golden Eagle Skin 360 | World of Warships Legends

Might be "tame" by Azur Lane standards, but, I offer it as an example.  🙂 

It's hard to say, just like what I showed, these anime characters most likely look underage, but they are dressed sexy. This is different in nature from some posters with beautiful women, and may have strong feelings about Sexual suggestion of minors may violate the laws and regulations of some countries. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

It's hard to say, just like what I showed, these anime characters most likely look underage, but they are dressed sexy. This is different in nature from some posters with beautiful women, and may have strong feelings about Sexual suggestion of minors may violate the laws and regulations of some countries.

I hear you.  
That said, fantasy characters can age and mature mentally while their bodies remain "young" or "young looking".
Alternatively, they share a principle with Jessica Rabbit (from the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"), the principle being "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way".

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I hear you.  

That said, fantasy characters can age and mature mentally while their bodies remain "young" or "young looking".

Alternatively, they share a principle with Jessica Rabbit (from the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"), the principle being "I'm not bad Mr. Valiant, I'm just drawn that way".

In order to facilitate review, Asian works involving underage characters often prompt "All characters appearing in this work are adults" before starting. This is a method of self-deception, but it succeeds

and..........yes,fantasy characters can age and mature mentally while their bodies remain "young" or "young looking". no one said that shima couldn't be a over-hundred years old lady but have a child body.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

In order to facilitate review, Asian works involving underage characters often prompt "All characters appearing in this work are adults" before starting. This is a method of self-deception, but it succeeds

Yes, a fantasy (a.k.a. "self-deception" or some form of pretense?).
Some characters in some anime' are "Elves" and naturally age very slowly, having bodies attributed to pre-teenage humans while being over 100 years old as a character in the anime'.
Similarly, androids/robots/cyborgs could have artificial bodies which appear youthful while having brains/minds which are legally adults, in some stories.
Gods/Goddesses/cherubs/angels and others may have bodies which appear to have "eternal youth" in other stories.
It's up to the writer/artist, eh?  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes, a fantasy (a.k.a. "self-deception" or some form of pretense?).

Some characters in some anime' are "Elves" and naturally age very slowly, having bodies attributed to pre-teenage humans while being over 100 years old as a character in the anime'.

Similarly, androids/robots/cyborgs could have artificial bodies which appear youthful while having brains/minds which are legally adults, in some stories.

Gods/Goddesses/cherubs/angels and others may have bodies which appear to have "eternal youth" in other stories.

It's up to the writer/artist, eh?  🙂 

No, they are in fact minors, either in mind or body. However, the censorship department (whether it is the country of the producer or the country of the consumer) will ignore the inconsistency between the prompt and the content after seeing the prompt. However, This phenomenon has gradually disappeared now, and the review has become more stringent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Good question.  Hopefully the answer is "Soon".  🙂 

I'm sure you would.

59 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Surprisingly/alarmingly (delete as appropriate), weebery seems to be pretty popular in NA too, based on what I've seen. It may not be aimed at grumpy old guys (i.e. us, putting my Presuming Trousers on), but there appears to be a fairly substantial market out there.

As an example, there's a big Anime con happening in Toronto in a little over a week; I'm told the expected attendance is 'traffic stopping' enormous: https://www.animenorth.com/

Well, it is Toronto. 😄

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

and..........yes,fantasy characters can age and mature mentally while their bodies remain "young" or "young looking". no one said that shima couldn't be a over-hundred years old lady but have a child body.........

Ah... so it helps to think of them as something like... Yoda?

• Like 1