The AL Littorio Bundle (Roma clone+commander) is currently available for $12 or $9 with the coupon

Unlooky

5 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Roma is terribly underpowered

Is she? I'm not a BB aficionado, and mostly play mine in PvE, but she seems there or thereabouts for non-torp BBs at the tier. What am I missing?

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Is she? I'm not a BB aficionado, and mostly play mine in PvE, but she seems there or thereabouts for non-torp BBs at the tier. What am I missing?

Low HE damage output, bad accuracy and inconsistant performance, easy to overpen, short range, and bad AA.

Having one of these shortcomings can make me think twice about buying, let alone having them all concentrated on one ship.

People may say it works when......(insert good games or good players here), I'm not betting myself to be a good enough player for that by spending real money, l'll just pick another ship.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

Played a few more games with her last night. This ship gets down when played properly. Freaking explodes when broadside. Kinda hilarious you actually want somewhat angled ships to get full pens lol 

• Like 1

$12.85 canadian with the coupon 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

It's a good deal but Roma is terribly underpowered and I don't think it's worth it even for 9 usd/63 cny.

I'll go for Marco Polo if I want an premium Italian BB, she's more capable at her tier plus getting her doesn't need to cost a single penny.

Roma's about average for a BB with some defined strengths and some defined weaknesses, which all even out to average from her vulnerability to her relative gun power (accuracy/handling/etc all averaged out) - and we all know how much AA matters for BBs in general (very little). Doing well in her is a barometer for if you know how to BB well. If she got a few buffs she'd easily be an above average non-gimmicked BB. This mind you is with WG further artificially kneecapping her, like making her rear boats ruin the rear turret angles when pushing in, since IIRC she had much better rear turret angles IRL.

And, the Veneto hull is superior to the MP/GV hull, take a look at the weak belt (320mm is meh at T8, nevermind T9) and the citadel slopes (25mm so they may as well not exist for peer engagements) on the latter design. External citadel doesn't mean anything when you know how to bait and the ship maneuvers well enough to make baiting easy. And when it's that thick.

Now, Roma may not be comfortable to play for some due to the range and some other properties and that's understandable, but she is not weak. The original dismay at her performance was honestly, quite overdone.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never spend anything on the game but, I did this time. The ship is really good and is comfortable to play! It is also really good in Ops. I will have some fun in it that is for sure!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Roma's about average for a BB with some defined strengths and some defined weaknesses, which all even out to average from her vulnerability to her relative gun power (accuracy/handling/etc all averaged out) - and we all know how much AA matters for BBs in general (very little). Doing well in her is a barometer for if you know how to BB well. If she got a few buffs she'd easily be an above average non-gimmicked BB.

While I can agree with the "barometer" analogy, in many instances we don't play to accept challenges from a "quirky" ship, rather, to do some credit/free XP/commander XP grind reliably with a ship that can provide consistent performance without that much planning required, or in other words, a ship that can comfortably work as the breadwinner of the account.

11 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

External citadel doesn't mean anything when you know how to bait and the ship maneuvers well enough to make baiting easy. And when it's that thick.

I disagree somewhat with that. Angling works for both ships Marco Polo even has better firing angles, while Veneto has a much higher and boxy citadel above waterline comparing with Marco Polo (~1.6m vs ~0.8m).

And that's before the most critical argument: Marco Polo can be acquired without paying in real cash.

I already have Roma, which I never play, as it overpens everything.

It sure as heck overpens but OH MAN is it Battleship Killer!

This was my third Random Game in it

Screenshot(104).thumb.png.6231db6ab897e1d974490a162c70f8e3.pngScreenshot(103).thumb.png.37b4a6f196ce74ea6e4fe37e30932d0e.png

• Like 1

Thanks for notice, with coupon cost me less than 8 euros. 🙂 I like this ship 🙂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

While I can agree with the "barometer" analogy, in many instances we don't play to accept challenges from a "quirky" ship, rather, to do some credit/free XP/commander XP grind reliably with a ship that can provide consistent performance without that much planning required, or in other words, a ship that can comfortably work as the breadwinner of the account.

Sure, but aside from the lower MB range the Venetos are fairly comfortable. The quirks involved in them are relatively minimal, it's not as if Roma or whatever is like Odin, a ship with an actual sharp negative quirk that makes it a good deal harder to play (the very low HP). Finding a wider range of ships rather than just the overtuned ones comfortable will make overall earnings go up, including on those overtuned ships, because you will do better in general. And that is not exactly 'become purple at BB', it's a far more moderate level of improvement that is easily attainable. Grinds become less unfun, and getting credits becomes much easier. I generally make upper 6 figures on most high tier BBs unless people hide from me most of a match or I just get unlucky, for example.

I disagree somewhat with that. Angling works for both ships Marco Polo even has better firing angles, while Veneto has a much higher and boxy citadel above waterline comparing with Marco Polo (~1.6m vs ~0.8m).

The Veneto hull is still stronger than the MP hull - 320mm is just that bad a belt thickness, the height is far less relevant than the thickness of it in most situations, unless the citadel height is 'waterline or below'. Thinner belt also means the angles you must take become steeper outside of autobounce. Should also note that with 375mm, you can flash broadside at a Salem/DM/Annapolis at 5km or more with relative impunity - he doesn't have the pen to get through and citadel even if you're flat broadside. I've done it a lot when I take out sweaty Salems or else push into their zones of control.

And that's before the most critical argument: Marco Polo can be acquired without paying in real cash.

Yeah, but I did not bother to address that because it's obvious: basically free currency you get for playing the game anyway almost always trumps spending actual money.

NOTE: Veneto herself used to just be a worse Roma, unless you really really really loved BB SAP on that hull. With her recent buffs she's a lot closer to Roma's level of performance, so I just lump her in with the other two and use her name as the class name since she is the nameship (or is it Littorio?).

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Like 1

Got if for the bonus really, push up captains with it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 3:52 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

The ship AL Littorio is fun to sail as "something different" than "the usual" Battleships, in my opinion.
And, for me personally, Commander Azur Lane Littorio is pleasant to listen to.  🙂 

It's a tier 8 Premium for 12/9 USD. Even if she's not 'the best', it's a good deal for players without a tier 8 premium BB to help farm credits considering Tier 8 BBs are usually around 60 USD

Edited by Zaydin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Zaydin said:

It's a tier 8 Premium for 12/9 USD. Even if she's not 'the best', it's a good deal for players without a tier 8 premium BB to help farm credits considering Tier 8 BBs are usually around 60 USD

I'm not the one that you have to convince, @Zaydin🙂 
I like the ship and the commander, and welcomed them to my port long before this current Azur Lane 6th. Wave collaboration event.  🙂 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if the 200% bonus mission for XP, Commander XP and Free XP will count towards the upcoming Dockyard missions for Free XP and Commander XP in the next section of the Dockyard, but I picked the ship up yesterday just in case it does, lol. Less than $10US isn't bad for any tier 8 premium ship, even if it isn't used often. It will count towards collecting snowflakes and their bonuses and so on. I played a Co-Op with it, and it performed decent enough for that. Should be okay in Randoms as well.

22 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

I'm not sure if the 200% bonus mission for XP, Commander XP and Free XP will count towards the upcoming Dockyard missions for Free XP and Commander XP in the next section of the Dockyard, but I picked the ship up yesterday just in case it does, lol. Less than $10US isn't bad for any tier 8 premium ship, even if it isn't used often. It will count towards collecting snowflakes and their bonuses and so on. I played a Co-Op with it, and it performed decent enough for that. Should be okay in Randoms as well.

If Clara Bow were here, she'd congratulate you, I feel.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

I'm not sure if the 200% bonus mission for XP, Commander XP and Free XP will count towards the upcoming Dockyard missions for Free XP and Commander XP in the next section of the Dockyard

I'm pretty sure it will. I picked it up because of the great price and have been using the 1600 boosters on mine and am racking up credits and free xp, and grinding my Italian bb captains.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2024 at 12:26 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

I already have Roma, which I never play, as it overpens everything.

I tend to aim lower then waterline and it works

Am I crazy or Littorio has 20 meters better dispersion then Roma? 244 vs 224?

30 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Am I crazy or Littorio has 20 meters better dispersion then Roma? 244 vs 224?

I see the dispersion difference when I have the Aiming Systems Mod applied like normal.

• Like 3

I, as well, could not fight the temptation to get a tier VIII premium for 8€ (although I don't really like the weeb stuff, would rather get Roma if it was and option). But no regrets, the ship looks very solid, first battle was nice 160k dmg and the XP missions are nice addition too. 

• Like 1

Using the 15% coupon I got it for £6.81, that's a good deal.

• Like 2

Played her in Random with good result, but it was a defeat. This operation (Narai) was a really crazy thing that would have also ended in defeat without my AL Littorio and me at the helm. Love this ship for her good looking and impact on battle. She is much more consistent with her main battery than "Roma" ever was and will be. Have them both but prefer "AL Littorio" by far. 

Skjermbilde 2024-05-21 203119.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-05-21 203157.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, yesterday was the last day for XP missions in Littorio. 

A very decent tier VIII premium for around 8€ + a month of XP missions to go with it. I also spent some coal on crates to get Sansonetti, and with the help of the aforementioned missions and the Blue Captain XP booster, I managed to level him up from 10 to 19 points.

A sweet deal if you ask me. Very rare in WoWs these days, but appreciated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zerstoerherr said:

So, yesterday was the last day for XP missions in Littorio. 

A very decent tier VIII premium for around 8€ + a month of XP missions to go with it. I also spent some coal on crates to get Sansonetti, and with the help of the aforementioned missions and the Blue Captain XP booster, I managed to level him up from 10 to 19 points.

A sweet deal if you ask me. Very rare in WoWs these days, but appreciated.

depends if you got her on the first day or the last day  . saturday was my last day  and a fellow players last day was sunday . i know a couple of players who still have 2 more days for them .

A special combat mission will become available to owners of this bundle for a period of 30 days from the moment of its purchase