Temper, Temper - 1st Mission. Really?

Musket22

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yelp.

Folks, I'm a bit disheartened. How should I finish these missions in a few days? This trio looks to me like 100 matches in all. How will you /did you do it? Which ships scream "Kick me" loudest? Which divorce attorney do you recommend?

image.thumb.png.a4b45293ac627ebdd6dd604a1fcc5447.png

In a few hours, I've reached more than 16 million potential damage in cruisers in co op, running mostly Saint-Louis, so I recommend just grinding that one out there.

BBs would be much more tedious in this manner, but I'm told that DD spotting is viable in ops, which I may attempt later.

This is of course a PvE standpoint. If you're up for randoms, DD spotting is the way to go for the other mission you need.

The other 4 missions I'm assuming are no issue? (Ops achievements do count)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yelp.

Folks, I'm a bit disheartened. How should I finish these missions in a few days? This trio looks to me like 100 matches in all. How will you /did you do it? Which ships scream "Kick me" loudest? Which divorce attorney do you recommend?

For the BB potential damage one if you have any SuperShip BB's and can play late at night to get all bot games 1 million is common and 2-3+ can happen. Otherwise pick something fast like Jean Bart or Georgia with speed boost and go as fast as you can at the reds and get spotted 1st so you get focused then slow down and back up in R and bow tank. The potential damage tasks are ridiculous this week.

• Like 1

@SolitudeFreak Thanks. I don't quite get it, though. I just used a Massa in Ops. 8 kills, then 7 kills. About 600,000 potential damage, then about 500,000. 42 million divided by that output is what got me worried... Is COOP that much better? Never really looked closely at my potential damage scores before...

@AdmiralThunder thanks. I have neither of those ships but the Schliefen is fairly fast. Will give that a go...

44 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yelp.

I reckon go for the DD one, div up with some people and smoke bot them so they can shoot whatever you spot. Then you can complete the easier missions!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

For the BB potential damage one if you have any SuperShip BB's and can play late at night to get all bot games 1 million is common and 2-3+ can happen. Otherwise pick something fast like Jean Bart or Georgia with speed boost and go as fast as you can at the reds and get spotted 1st so you get focused then slow down and back up in R and bow tank. The potential damage tasks are ridiculous this week.

The new Maine is extremely tanky and if people are interested in superships they could 100% purchase that one. The gimmick on it really beefs up the already tanky ship by so so much more!

25 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

The other 4 missions I'm assuming are no issue? (Ops achievements do count)

I heard that the achievements can be completed in OPs so those missions will be incredibly easy! This week so far doesn't seem tooo bad at all. Hopefully it stays like this.

15 hours ago, SeaQuest said:

This week starts the harder grinds in the dockyard event and even harder with Asymmetric Battles now over. 

I believe in you, we can all get this amazing free ship!

8 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I heard that the achievements can be completed in OPs so those missions will be incredibly easy! This week so far doesn't seem tooo bad at all. Hopefully it stays like this.

Yeah the next missions are pretty straightforward. After week 6 we should be good I think.

Thanks, folks.

@SolitudeFreak The other 4 missions are no problem. I'll try your approach with the Saint Louis.

@AdmiralThunder I'll go for Schlieffen and see how that works.

@BOBTHEBALL Although I don't do very well in DDs, I'll give your suggestion a try as well.

🙂Feeling better, now...

14 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@AdmiralThunder thanks. I have neither of those ships but the Schliefen is fairly fast. Will give that a go...

How about Scharnhorst 43? It has speed boost. Add a speed flag and Brisk on the Capt and it cranks. The only issue is you get less PD in it because it is only T7. I ran it a lot all day today while doing double duty with it (PD and 4500 ribbons) and got like 9 Million. I recommended the ones I did because higher tier will get more PD p/ game because the shell alpha is so much higher. I have 14 SS BB games tonight (playing with my new Maine) and already have 8 million in a fraction of the games.

Schlieffen is ok for it but remember it has low HP for the tier and it only has 27MM plate. It does have an ice breaker that helps but you can take a lot of overmatch hits to the big ass nose it has. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@BOBTHEBALL Although I don't do very well in DDs, I'll give your suggestion a try as well.

All you have to do for your mates is stay alive and keep smoking the, I believe in you!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Yeah the next missions are pretty straightforward. After week 6 we should be good I think.

Yep! Just get one of the class specific ones out of the way and it'll be smooth sailling.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How about Scharnhorst 43?

I have it. Ok, I'll go for that instead! 🙂

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@SolitudeFreak Thanks. I don't quite get it, though. I just used a Massa in Ops. 8 kills, then 7 kills. About 600,000 potential damage, then about 500,000. 42 million divided by that output is what got me worried... Is COOP that much better? Never really looked closely at my potential damage scores before...

Co-Op is bit of Feast or Famine with the potential damage given how random the AI pathfinding is & weather you get "just" the best or worst spawn + how effecient your team is

You can flip-flop from 0 potential damage to +1,5million in very same ship in back to back games

Generally, you want fast, tanky and relatively high visibility ship for this task, then close the range and survive

27kts battleship isn't rly cut out to thrive in this

• Like 2

There's also the matter of tasks like this disproportionally fauvoring high tier ships, high tier bots just survive longer and thrown more shit at the wall before going down

Yes. Right now (today) the best I've done was in the Scharnhorst 43 - 1.3 million PD. But the next game, same ship, 70 k. Then 300 k. I also tried the Schlieffen, varying numbers as well, between 500-700 k. The main problem is all those pesky DDs 😉 that wipe the board before the reds have even finished their morning coffee.

Yelp.

I admit to being ... unimpressed myself.

I don't, generally, figure out before hand which missions I'm going to grind ... I just play for a day and see what the results are:

20 Citadels. No problem there ... I've got 19 in today's play.

20 battles in the top 5. Again, no problem ... I've got 12 of 20 so far.

4500 ribbons. I've got 2497 so I think that'll be pretty easy.

30 million HP of PD in cruisers. I've only racked up 7 million today, but I had some pretty meh matches because of the flood of PVP players added to some less helpful spawns. I figure I'll do better tomorrow.

That's what I managed today because I was in a Salem Frame Of Mind. Hmmm ... that sounds like a song. Shame I have the musical talent of a tone deaf frog with laryngitis! facepalmsmiley.gif.98764f7b40ef2ddf49b0e1717cb078d9.gif

Hmmm ... that's four of six. Let's see what else we have?

500,000 HP of spotting damage in DDs? Ouch ... I'm not good at DDs, and I'm certainly not good at getting spotting damage in COOP.

42 million HP of PD in BBs. I've just played a LOT of BB in Asymmetric ... I'm not really feeling the urge to play BB enough to get THAT much PD.

I don't do CVs, Subs or PVP ... so forget them.

And finally ... achievements, which means OPs and I have a problem with that because I don't know the Operations. That means either (a) spending HOURS watching youtube vids to try to get SOME idea of what to do in whatever operation I get dropped in, OR (b) landing in an operation and having no idea what do to, which would hardly be fair on my teammates. I could ask around, and try to find some kind souls who would division with me and hold my hand through it ... without discord/teamspeak/whatever because the best time for me to try to sync with other players would be when my wife is in bed, and me talking would keep her awake. Just doesn't seem feasible or right somehow.

So ... I filtered for DDs and went forth to see how I'd do in spotting. I got 540 in the first match, and 0 in the second. Hmmm ... that doesn't bode well at ALL for that mission even if I did get top damage in both matches. Yes ... I was VERY shocked! UmmmmSmiley.gif.ec11b71e72a83cb30867b232bccc6027.gif That gets me up to 14 battles in the top 5, but I figure I've just used up about a month of my DD-grade-luck and I'll be back to playing like a potato if I spawn in one again InfantSmiley.gif.36687bda30d8d2ce27edd92ce0de8954.gif

Then I noticed my sweet Beloved Agincourt and thought ... I could play that a bit. I am wanting to level up my commander after all, and she's a brawler! I got a nice match ... just myself and one other player ... and was doing quite well until a ship which I had already sunk managed to release a spread of torpedoes and as a result I got a measly 285,833 PD.  No matter how you look at it ... I'm not gonna get the kind of numbers that mission requires. I did get up to 15 battles in the Top 5 though!

I considered all the options and thought, Sunk, forget this <expletive deleted>. You need 5 more tokens to get the WV '44 ... and you're on track to get three from the missions you'll easily complete. But you'll have to do stuff that you don't want to do to get the token for completing the week, and let's be blunt ... you'd probably hardly ever play the WV '44.

It's just not worth the strain, for me. RL is being a right pain in the aft right now, so the last thing I need is for WoWS to be one as well.

I do, however, wish the best of luck to everyone who is pursuing the Dockyard.

• Like 1

@SunkCostFallacy Don't give up, though. If you think you have 4 in the bag, then do that. Then find someone to accompany in Ops (you're welcome to join me in game) cos it's fairly easy even if you don't want to use a mic. (If you've a headset it's a no-brainer because then you can listen and get all the info that way). The last bit for you, to avoid PVP, I'd suggest doing what I'm doing based on the helpful comments above. I've done about 10 games in Schlieffen and Scharnhorst 43, and actually did collect maybe 7 million potential damage. So even if you don't go for the Wisconsin, the WV 44 should be achievable if you spread out this mission over a couple of weeks, as I will try to do.

• Like 1

@SunkCostFallacy Don't give up, though. If you think you have 4 in the bag, then do that. Then find someone to accompany in Ops (you're welcome to join me in game) cos it's fairly easy even if you don't want to use a mic. (If you've a headset it's a no-brainer because then you can listen and get all the info that way). The last bit for you, to avoid PVP, I'd suggest doing what I'm doing based on the helpful comments above. I've done about 10 games in Schlieffen and Scharnhorst 43, and actually did collect maybe 7 million potential damage. So even if you don't go for the Wisconsin, the WV 44 should be achievable if you spread out this mission over a couple of weeks, as I will try to do.

We'll see mate ... I appreciate the offer 🙂

Who knows ... I may get a BB urge next week and go yolo-ing in my GK, that's always good for PD.

Currently, however, the PVP-filth (just kidding guys) are muddying the waters in COOP. Hopefully in a few days they'll go back to Randoms and things will be a bit less untidy. But I've got 26 days to finish off those missions and one from Phase 7 so there's no rush.

• Like 1

I figured that I can either go to PVP and do the unpleasant task or take another heavy grind on, and decided on PVP. So I played Ranked last night, got a first blood, a devstrike, a High Caliber (much easier in Ranked than Randoms), and two Close Quarter Experts. Ranked is 6v6 in bronze right now, so unless you really suck, getting into the top 5 isn't a problem and it works on that task as well.

As for the rest, the trick is to divide the tasks by seven, set a nightly quota and try to at least meet that. With achievements, 20 cits and 20 top-5 finishes already done and the ribbons mission within easy reach, I've reached my first-night quotas for BB potential damage and CV spotting. The trick for the latter in co-op is to spot the enemy CV for your team at the end. 

On the one hand, it does mean interrupting the normal flow of the ships I play once each night for their slow grinds. On the other, those grinds are actually well ahead of schedule and I can afford to let them slip for a bit. Except of course for the Yorktown and FDG, the progress of which is going to be significantly accelerated by this. Now that I've chunked the ribbon mission fairly heavily, I don't need the Death Blossom that the Schlieffen offers and I might as well take a BB I'm actually grinding for this task.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yes. Right now (today) the best I've done was in the Scharnhorst 43 - 1.3 million PD. But the next game, same ship, 70 k. Then 300 k. I also tried the Schlieffen, varying numbers as well, between 500-700 k. The main problem is all those pesky DDs 😉 that wipe the board before the reds have even finished their morning coffee.

That is a huge problem in Co-op, in general, ever since WG nerfed bot shooting in update 0.10.6 and it gets worse whenever some big event is on. They installed a new gunnery officer on all bot ships.

0d27cc3c2302fdacd8bfb195e5302fc3.gif

DD's can pretty much yolo charge ahead and take everything out (the fast torp Cruisers clean up the scraps) in the blink of an eye because there is very little risk to doing so because the bots can't shoot anymore. The only real threats are secondaries and bot torps. That shooting nerf (they improved it a little in 0.11.1 but only a minute improvement) just ruined the mode. Now we get 3-4, sometimes even more DD's a game as the norm and everyone else can only watch as they zoom ahead and half the reds die before you get in range. 

Nothing I hate more in Co-op than spawning next to a Kleber, Marceau, Paolo Emilio, Benham, etc... other than doing it next to multiples of them.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 12:28 AM, Frostbow said:

Sounds like you are suggesting a yolo.

No. Don't do that. Just don't.

What you suggest is not smart. And if your yolo fails, not only you predispose your team to defeat, you are also allowing the enemy team to farm the very achievements you wanted to earn.

Play it smart. Let us not bring our Co-op playstyle to PVP. 

You can farm various achievements in PVP if you play it smart. And should you need First Blood + Dev Strike, you can definitely do it in a DD that is not the fastest. You can even do it with a battleship. 

Official position: Don’t do that!

My luck story to the contrary:

Two weeks ago I took my Fletcher into co-op during an RB regrind: “Damn!! These bots are tough on this one!!!” (But they weren’t bots - I forgot to switch battle type from random to co-op) Making the long story short: I somehow managed to get First Blood against the red DD. I died real quick after that, left even quicker in embarrassment. Checked the result later, and the green team carried for the win.

Sometimes you get away with it.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I finished Temper, Temper stage this morning. The last task completed was the 5-achievement task done in Ops. It took me only 3 Ops games. The key in Ops was getting good teammates. I was lucky in getting a good group of guys/gals. The ship specific tasks I took were the 500K DD spotting damage (using the speedy Marceau) and the 30 million cruiser PD damage.

Posted (edited)

Aww POO!

I decided to give a go at doing the 5 Achievements on my main acct just now (I have Wisconsin but am trying to finish out the last 3 weeks for duplicate Steel). Already did it on my alt acct and got it in 1 game (see post on page 1). Took the same ship (Konig w/ secondary build) and even got the same map but only got 4! I missed duplicating it in a single game by 1 LOL.

spacer.png

EDIT - so 1 more game did it although it was terrible because I lost (booo!). in WG's infinite wisdom they decided a 6v6 Random battle where one side has a fail division (and one of them was afk for part of it), and the other a removed OP ship, was a good idea. We obviously lost as expected but I finished at least with another High Caliber.

spacer.png 

Edited by AdmiralThunder