Just when you thought it was safe.......

Lord_Slayer

@Col_NASTY Indeed. Imagine if air crews were to paint half naked women on their airplanes. How silly would that look.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

One time My grandson saw her on a visit and the look he gave me ..... 

Connoisseur GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Indeed. Imagine if air crews were to paint half naked women on their airplanes. How silly would that look.

In the First Gulf War, the Saudis were not keen on such art. Aircraft wearing it had to be based elsewhere, or at least not in Riyadh.

• Like 2

I think every time you sink a ship they should flash them t**ies. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In the First Gulf War, the Saudis were not keen on such art. Aircraft wearing it had to be based elsewhere, or at least not in Riyadh.

Wahabi Islam is very adamant on figurative art, particularly the human form... imigine if they are also showing some skin.

Once upon a time, I was denied access to a Saudi installation because I was wearing a printed T-shirt (iirc it had some Looney Toons). 

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 2

I mean, is this really an issue? If you don't like it, you literally do not have to interact with it in any way, shape, or form. You can turn off ahistorical skins, and not enable the crossover voiceovers. It's just a bunch of optional (exorbitantly priced) cosmetic content, which is how game monetization should work in my opinion (minus the exorbitant price obviously.) 

Azur Lane is also significantly more popular than World of Warships, being more accessible and appealing to casual and weeb audiences. Due to the player base disparity, these crossovers arguably benefit WoWs more than AL. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

I think every time you sink a ship they should flash them t**ies. 

There's no such thing as a "free lunch".  🙂 
How many doubloons are you willing to pay for that show?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

I mean, is this really an issue? If you don't like it, you literally do not have to interact with it in any way, shape, or form. You can turn off ahistorical skins, and not enable the crossover voiceovers. It's just a bunch of optional (exorbitantly priced) cosmetic content, which is how game monetization should work in my opinion (minus the exorbitant price obviously.) 

Azur Lane is also significantly more popular than World of Warships, being more accessible and appealing to casual and weeb audiences. Due to the player base disparity, these crossovers arguably benefit WoWs more than AL. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There's no such thing as a "free lunch".  🙂 
How many doubloons are you willing to pay for that show?

As many as WG gives me for free. Between ranked and sign in bonus, about 300 a month lmao 

• Haha 2

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the gamerverse (taken from Twitter):

image.png.06b4eca3f50c95cb31524b1f33523a39.png

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

They should've used the "Power Pasties" from the movie "Flesh Gordon", instead?  😉 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

On 5/13/2024 at 2:10 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

I spotted some girls with cat ears yesterday while waiting for my bus. Just a ... random observation.

are your sure you had not smoked to much catnip the night before  

23 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The point is not the lack of clothing. Neither of these two are wearing much more than the two new captains, and if I wanted to and if @HogHammer would allow it, I'm sure I could find a picture of an action chick who's wearing even less. Both the ladies I've posted look ready to fight their way through a fantasy doorstopper novel (and Grace Jones's pic is from an actual Conan movie); the new captains are doing nothing but presenting themselves as seductive in a stereotyped fashion. One of them is even teasing starting to undress for the benefit of the viewer. 

It's not just what they're wearing (or not wearing); it's everything else about how they're portrayed. 

Perhaps I missed your point, but it's far more sensible to command a modern warship in a swimsuit than swordfight with no armor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That's 'extreme'? 'Excessive' might depend on the circumstances...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That's 'extreme'?

That's EA's opinion, not mine. If EA doesn't want users to show sims flashing their tits, maybe it simply shouldn't make it possible rather than permaban the accounts of people who do it.

32 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Perhaps I missed your point, but it's far more sensible to command a modern warship in a swimsuit than swordfight with no armor. 

I'm pretty sure the sword persisted in naval service long after the abandonment of personal armour. 

The state of undress isn't the problem; it's the come-hither poses that are the turnoff for me. Grace Jones's character and the sword lady at least have the look of someone who could competently lead or repel a boarding party; the new WOWS commanders seem particularly shallow in that regard.

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

That reminded me of:

uber_armor.jpg.f4b445d72fd5ee3ff271804149be7a6e.jpg

• Haha 3

On 5/15/2024 at 9:23 AM, Itwastuesday said:

r/dndmemes - Don't take it personally...

• Haha 4