This Game Used to Have Some Historic Perspective

12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In context of US cruisers... Thats not the case.

This is incorrect.  There are dozens of paper or made up cruisers in the game, US cruisers included.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 7:36 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Let's try to remember that the WG tier structure is relatively arbitrary in nature. For this reason I've always stated that the game would be a whole lot better if WG had adopted an era based tier system.

Problem with an era based tier system is that certain countries would dominate most other countries in just about every era.

Naval development was hardly equal amongst the many masses of different nations at any era.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

There's only two.. Mushashi and Yamato. A reminder, WG favors CV/BBs over cruisers...

Cruisers in game are gun fodder for BBs especially, at high tiers.

When it comes to BBs... They will get every single BB and create some fake ones into the game.

Your comparison is inherently flawed because with the exception of Preussen/GK (which is already dubious because they represent a significantly different configuration from each other) no high tier "paper" BB have sister ships in the game. All sister ships, such as Warspite and QE or Missouri and Iowa offer different gimmicks from each other while being on an identical or near identical base ship. Meanwhile, the differences between paper ships like St. Vincent and Conqueror is night and day.  

On 5/14/2024 at 3:50 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I feel there is so much missed opportunities where WG miss out on a quick buck. Just look at the Captains in Armory. How hard would it be for an intern or the janitor at WG to just research some historical captains (Seasoned and legendary) for all navy´s that has some special treats?! And of course, half of them could be for dublons and half for hefty coal, heck they could even sell a bundle of 10 points seasoned of mixed navy´s for like 10 000 - 15 000 dublons.

Instead, several navy´s thats been in the game for years still dont have a captain or at least some captains, but we got a boat load of BS Copy-Pasta Dasha, hockey players, transformers and cartoon captains for some reason?! This would of course increase the interest, especially for all historians, and also the interest for all games if they did. They could even Copy Pasta another picture over the already implemented Dashas and just rename them!

But no, they have zero interest in making an easy and free buck, better instead put all money and energy into ruin the game by trying to balance BS Subs or 10´s attempt at balancing CVs.

And captains is just scratching the surface.

They can't just use historical commander's names...they need permission from their present time progeny (&/or trusts) that hold the copyrights (weather they are aware of it or not...IOW the person whose permission they need needs to be informed if they don't know so that person doesn't find out later & sue) to the use of those names...

& those permissions vary per country/state & even by provence/district.

(Speculation here) In some cases the countries navies may hold those copyrights.

(Again...speculation) In the case of no family still alive there may be a public domain law (which also may vary by country/etc) in effect as to name copyrights.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not WG's historian or record keeper.

I'm not going to record everything WG does just to convince the masses.

I'll i'm saying.

• There's a policy in place, WG will not instill all members of a ship class into the game.
  • Names change from unveiling to final application to the game.

This is not the first nor the last time this will happen.. Keep your eyes peeled because it will happen again..

Then as you failed to provide valid evidence I would just skip all arguments and bickering around naming and renaming researchable ships altogether. With your way of reasoning we can just claim anything we wish, then, "I'm not a record keeper and not going to provide evidence to convince you... hurr durr blahblah..."

So for whatever reasons, in your mind, one (USS San Francisco CA-38) equals six (all other ships of the New Orelans-class: San Francisco, Minneapolis, Tuscaloosa, Quincy, Astoria, Vincennes)?

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

There's only two.. Mushashi and Yamato. A reminder, WG favors CV/BBs over cruisers...

Cruisers in game are gun fodder for BBs especially, at high tiers.

When it comes to BBs... They will get every single BB and create some fake ones into the game.

I'm just staggered that people discussing this matter with you still didn't go mad so far. What a nice and friendly community it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wonder what they'll do the day they start running out of ships lol, are we going to get some oddities like the Sverige class? Or maybe we can have some low tier fun with funky pre-WW1 ships and ironclads lol.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MashedPotatoSalad said:

Wonder what they'll do the day they start running out of ships lol, are we going to get some oddities like the Sverige class? Or maybe we can have some low tier fun with funky pre-WW1 ships and ironclads lol.

all the clone ships and copy paste with a twist ships should give you an idea of what is coming...

of course it's the french hotels

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

all the clone ships and copy paste with a twist ships should give you an idea of what is coming...

of course it's the french hotels

What a fireworks show it would be to have more of these hotels duke it out with the Mikasa at low tiers lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@MashedPotatoSalad BTW

Welcome aboard!

image.jpeg.e19c6b8d888bca5609374c718726fd66.jpeg

Thanks 😄

Missed the old forum experience, especially those cap and fish emojis lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MashedPotatoSalad said:

Thanks 😄

Missed the old forum experience, especially those cap and fish emojis lol

As would many of us all too. Unfortunately the copyright situation with the WoWS emojis proved to be a little hazy.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MashedPotatoSalad said:

What a fireworks show it would be to have more of these hotels duke it out with the Mikasa at low tiers lol.

Indeed.

Plus, lots more content and lots of ability to play the way most people want to play (no planes, no subs).

Literal win / win...too bad WG can't see it.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 8:50 PM, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I'm just staggered that people discussing this matter with you still didn't go mad so far. What a nice and friendly community it is.

What for?? As mentioned before, if people want the name San Francisco used in game on a US cruiser..

Then, I highly recommend when the next batch of US ships comes out.. They advocate for the name to be used..

July 4th is just around the corner.. IF they bother to add anymore to the class which I cast doubts on. ITs the perfect time to do so.

I don't think there's going to be a US cruiser line split anytime soon.

• Bored 1