Asymmetric - What the heck people?

Tpaktop2_1 NA

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Totally understand.  I have 20+ CVs that I collected over the years and probably played them 5 times in co-op.  Even in co-op, I'm embarrassed to play them.

You'll never get better if you don't try! And co-op is the one place you can get away with doing almost anything and nobody would care much. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So I just have her to collect the special bonus/crate whenever there is an event.

I think I've tried out every supership there is in PTS at one point or another, and none of them (except MAYBE the Edgar) have ever excited my admiration enough to cough up the three-score million or more credits it would cost to buy and equip them, to say nothing of reserving a high enough points commander to them for the minimum of time they'd get used (which is why even the Edgar isn't in my port yet and might never be). Hell, there are even some T10 ships I don't have in my port for this reason - e.g. San Martin, because I consider the Santander to be more tactically flexible in every way.  

I really don't understand the allure of most of the superships, nor do I fear any of them enough to make me want one for myself. And I won't spend tens of millions of credits just for a supercrate and a bunch of bonuses every year. Maybe you've got so many credits you don't know how you'll ever spend them all and you can afford to be a collector, but I know I can't. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Are players going brain dead for this battle mode? Do they not care how this battle goes? I did not record this battle. I was alone for the last 14 minutes. I was fighting about 60% of their team alone. To bad solo warrior is not given out for the match.

Pretty sure that if the players were literally "brain dead" they couldn't operate a computer and install the game or even get past signing the TOS/EULA.

Some care and some care in a manner that doesn't meet your expectations.  Each player controls their own ship.

Being alone with all that XP and credits the others left on the figurative table?  That's a "Challenge Accepted!" sort of opportunity.  🙂 

Win/Loss/Draw/Whatever.  A player can still make progress grinding the ship or the missions they're trying to accomplish.

And when the battle is over?  Well, "Battle On!", of course.  🙂 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

And for those there are game modes like Coop, Operations, Brawls etc

Money do talk, but players that invest time to get skill and experience in a game usually also invest money, but when the quality of the playerbase and quality of the game itself (6 min steamrolls at T10 and human bots at Gold league) is severely lacking the entire future of the game walks. Pretty soon all the skilled players abandon the game and then we have "Steamship tycoon" instead of a wargame title.

It's called the "Exodus Period" in Mature games....  Where the host, simply lacks the resolve, the money, or, the skill to continue the original "vision" the game started with.

Sometimes, that very quickly and sometimes, it's a slow spiral into oblivion.  A few games I have played and studied, close.  Most, simply exist with stalled populations with clone content for years and years.  The last game I studied, MWO, is still there, with the same game population, doing the same things 7 years after I left....  If you visit their Forum, you'll see the same game names, saying the same things they did 7 years ago....   We are there in this game.

Why would they stay?  Because, they invested "real money" and can't let go....  Or, it's a game they simply enjoy and have forgotten what it was......  Others, because it is F2P now that they have bought everything there was......  To each their own.  My entire clan left the game en masse.  Only three players, myself included, play the game in remembrance of what it was, maybe, twice a year.

Stomps are a "symptom" of the decline of a game.  Clones confirm the game can't afford the first world quality they started with.  This game simply can't expand into the Cold War IMO; and, since I am guessing, the entire game's game engine would have to be replaced to do so.  The inclusion of Subs simply "maxed" the Engine out and we are seeing all sorts of "geometry processing errors" because of them....  Just a guess.....

And yes, any player can "ride the statistics" in Ranked and rank out.   It might just take a lot of games but, it can be done......

10 minutes ago, Asym said:

And yes, any player can "ride the statistics" in Ranked and rank out.   It might just take a lot of games but, it can be done......

In December 2021 a gamer from China has made a study on this argument ("can a potato rank out with many battles") with Matlab using Monte Carlo algorithm.

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=30079040

The result is basically, a potato or even bot with 40% WR can be "carried" through Bronze League with a "reasonable" number of battles; the same is also possible for Silver League but would take much more battles, and it is impossible to rank out in Gold League simply by fighting many battles alone.

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

In December 2021 a gamer from China has made a study on this argument ("can a potato rank out with many battles") with Matlab using Monte Carlo algorithm.

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=30079040

The result is basically, a potato or even bot with 40% WR can be "carried" through Bronze League with a "reasonable" number of battles; the same is also possible for Silver League but would take much more battles, and it is impossible to rank out in Gold League simply by fighting many battles alone.

Flambass has almost a mini-series of videos on his channel right now showing of "badly coded bot players" in Gold league dying within 3-4 min each game. And thats just one player´s experience.

I just know I wouldn't touch Ranked with a 10 ft pole.

Today is the last day for Asymmetric Battle and it's also the worst day for me. I don't know where those inexperienced players came from. IMHO in this game mode, the 5 players need to gang up (groups of 2 and 3) and use your sheer 2-tiers-up firepower to slowly whittle down the bots on the left and right. After cleaning up the left side and right side, the human players then encircle the bots in the middle. The worst play is to go into the middle in the beginning and get creamed. I advised them in chat not to go into the middle. They went anyway and promptly got focus fired to death. Some of them got scared and turned their tail under the firepower of the bots, leaving you fighting the bots alone. In my last game, I was the only one left within 5 minutes. That ends the day. Oh well, I did have a good run with this game mode.