Haarlem - Advice

Daniel_Allan_Clark

25 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My "grind" of the Izumo felt like a long slog, at the time.
But, on balance, it helped me learn about the Izumo and grow to appreciate her virtues and quirks.

I had a great Izumo grind. She was a really fun ship, and I was loath to move the captain up.

That being said, I am well aware that the Izumo has an evil reputation from the earliest part of her time in the game, and that she received several very important quality of life improvements, including significant thickening of the deck armour and improvements in her detectability, sigma and shell penetration. The ship I ground had had all the buffs currently listed in her changelog save for the removal of the stock A hull, which shortened my grind a little:

Changelog at the bottom of this page: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Izumo 

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I had a great Izumo grind. She was a really fun ship, and I was loath to move the captain up.

That being said, I am well aware that the Izumo has an evil reputation from the earliest part of her time in the game, and that she received several very important quality of life improvements, including significant thickening of the deck armour and improvements in her detectability, sigma and shell penetration. The ship I ground had had all the buffs currently listed in her changelog save for the removal of the stock A hull, which shortened my grind a little:

Changelog at the bottom of this page: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Izumo 

🙂👍

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I happen to think that @Ensign Cthulhu isn't "actively trolling" you.  He's communicating in his own manner.
Sometimes that "rubs people the wrong way" and sometimes he speaks or types while his passion is hot & strong and the words chosen might be a bit rough and less than cordial & diplomatic.
But, the words are heartfelt and tend to erupt from feelings which care about the topic at hand.

I gave EC the benefit of the doubt for several years. He has consistently demonstrated behavior that has led to my silencing his posts.

Would it be possible to fine some emotionally medicinal salve to ease the pain of raw nerves which have been feeling rubbed the wrong way?

The answer has been to ignore him. That has helped immensely.

For your information, he is aware that I ignore him and can't read his posts...but he persists in replying to mine, I suspect in a mode of trying to smear me with negative associations so that others won't think we'll of me...

...that's what he used to do anyway.

That behavior continuing tells you a lot about the intentions of his posts...they aren't about having a conversation with give and take...it's about tearing others down.

My "grind" of the Izumo felt like a long slog, at the time.
But, on balance, it helped me learn about the Izumo and grow to appreciate her virtues and quirks.
And the experience inspired some creative writing, upon ulocking the tech-tree Yamato.

Exactly.

There is always something to learn...and playing with dead weights on our performance makes us even more deadly with the good ships.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I gave EC the benefit of the doubt for several years. He has consistently demonstrated behavior that has led to my silencing his posts.

The answer has been to ignore him. That has helped immensely.

For your information, he is aware that I ignore him and can't read his posts...but he persists in replying to mine, I suspect in a mode of trying to smear me with negative associations so that others won't think we'll of me...

...that's what he used to do anyway.

That behavior continuing tells you a lot about the intentions of his posts...they aren't about having a conversation with give and take...it's about tearing others down.

Exactly.

There is always something to learn...and playing with dead weights on our performance makes us even more deadly with the good ships.

Thanks for the courtesy of a reply.  DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0f2763590046c89bd5bf15ac8e9c3037.jpg
(I'm out of emoji reactions, again.  Otherwise I'd have added a "like" reaction to your post.)