Gonna try to stay in the TOS here....

Col_NASTY

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

100%. That was the point of my post about mentality from back in October, if you remember.  

I don't remember.  Sorry.
Perhaps if it is convenient you might provide a link?

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I don't remember.  Sorry.
Perhaps if it is convenient you might provide a link?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Is it that truly that hard to do both? And quite frankly, if you feel attacked/insulted by someone sending "Well Done" three times, you need to grow thicker skin. I'm not saying the game chat should become like Modern Warfare 2 (2009), but this is some Roblox level of chat enforcement.  

But isn't it true that the person somehow feeling the need to use 'Well Done' three times is in even more need to grow a thicker skin?  If they truly can't play the game without insulting other players, isn't that a sign that they simply can't handle what others are doing quite well without the need they seem to feel?  And, why wouldn't you feel attacked/insulted by an action that -is- intended as an attack/insult?  That would seem to be just good perception as opposed to being dim-witted.

And again, which one is violating the EULA?

It really isn't a question of having a thick skin or 'taking it'.  It's about being able to keep your word and abide by the rules you stated you would when you launched the game.  If you can't do that and keep to the standards of conduct we all know and agree to, then you really shouldn't be in the game.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Of course not. However, everybody is also responsible for their own actions,. just as we (try to) keep Wedgie accountable for its actions.

I have no interest in holding wedgie accountable for anything. I'm just here to play a game I enjoy and when I don't I will quit. I might voice my displeasure with things once in a while but that's it, all this other nonsense about what's right and wrong falls on deaf ears. Most of the player base doesn't care and WG doesn't care there here to make money I'm hear because I like the game it's simple.

• Like 1

I guess for me it's a non-issue.

I say what I mean ... so when I say 'GG' I actually mean Good Game.

When I want to tell someone they did badly ... I keep my mouth shut because there's no point. They didn't ask me for a critique of their performance, nor do I have the data available to me during a match to accurately critique them. I'd need to watch a replay of the game from their perspective to be able to make valid criticism.

As for other people's opinions of my performance ... I'm pretty much indifferent. I either messed up, in which case I am well aware that I did so, so I don't need someone else telling me that I messed up ... or I did not mess up, I just got wasted by bad luck (ie RNG) or overwhelming firepower.

Of course I play PVE, so it's not really an issue there ... I've never actually seen a 'triple well done' 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I have no interest in holding wedgie accountable for anything. I'm just here to play a game I enjoy and when I don't I will quit. I might voice my displeasure with things once in a while but that's it, all this other nonsense about what's right and wrong falls on deaf ears. Most of the player base doesn't care and WG doesn't care there here to make money I'm hear because I like the game it's simple.

I care about the community.

The fact that WG doesn't care...or that most players don't care...is irrelevant.

I care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I guess for me it's a non-issue.

I say what I mean ... so when I say 'GG' I actually mean Good Game.

When I want to tell someone they did badly ... I keep my mouth shut because there's no point. They didn't ask me for a critique of their performance, nor do I have the data available to me during a match to accurately critique them. I'd need to watch a replay of the game from their perspective to be able to make valid criticism.

As for other people's opinions of my performance ... I'm pretty much indifferent. I either messed up, in which case I am well aware that I did so, so I don't need someone else telling me that I messed up ... or I did not mess up, I just got wasted by bad luck (ie RNG) or overwhelming firepower.

Of course I play PVE, so it's not really an issue there ... I've never actually seen a 'triple well done' 😄

has anyone ever thought that the same person that said "well done " 3 times might of been saying it to3 different players 

ive seen it mulitiple times and i dont feel offended 

or were they posable just being sarcastic because someone got sunk  at the start of battle ( seen that a few times in clan battles ) it happens  . what difference does it make  

1 minute ago, Gaelic_knight said:

has anyone ever thought that the same person that said "well done " 3 times might of been saying it to3 different players 

or were they posable just being sarcastic because someone got sunk  at the start of battle ( seen that a few times in clan battles ) it happens  . what difference does it make  

I have legitimately NEVER seen that happen. To two people, yes....but never to three.

Let's stop pretending like the triple well done is anything but an insult 99.9% of the time.

Let's stop victim blaming people for not being 'strong enough' to just allow insults to pass without acknowledging that they are wrong.

Let's actually care about our fellow players enough to expect folks to behave with good sportsmanship...

• Like 1

exactly so why are people complaining about it 

lets just end it 

i rest my case 

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Yeah I'm also not here to tell "you" how to "live" , however if the consequences of "your" actions will  impact  me .......I m gonna tell "you" and in what form I see fit. 🙂 

Point being, Wows playerbase is very diverse and we all bring our quite different "baggage" with us.

As for Wedgie, obviously we can't held em accountable  (coz we lack the means, lol) However, we can inform, so  people can make more knowledgeable decisions. which is a win. Whether one should or not do that .....is a personal decision and is up to each and everyone

Btw "good" or "bad".... those are subjective terms. There are decisions, actions and consequences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Let's stop victim blaming people for not being 'strong enough' to just allow insults to pass without acknowledging that they are wrong.

Well .... tbh I agree in principle, tho i still subscribe to the "personal responsibility for personal actions" tenet.

And about  EULA.... actually this is a wee bit more complicated. "Lets go Brandon" was quite trending a while back. Isn't that a gross violation of said paper? On multiple levels? Should be reported? Is that humour? Or not? Not to mention ALL the DUI's  lol ....

Yeah.....once we open Pandora's box......

To be clear I'm not  and i wasn't attempting to excuse such "actions".

My points were about understanding .....

• Like 2

i will admit while playing asymmetrics you see players saying protect the base . there for when each map when theres not a flagged cap i will type it  just for the fun of it .

does that make me toxic . i dont think so i just think its funny to see reactions  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

As I said ... I've never seen it ... so it's hard to say.

I gather from the thread that it's become a sarcastic trope (if you will) and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that that is true.

Equally, however, I find it hard to care what some random player thinks. As I noted, without seeing a replay from someone's perspective you can't even begin to criticise their performance properly.

Major Edit: I accidentally clicked when I shouldn't have ... here's the rest of what I was going to say:

So if someone is a <expletive deleted> in chat I just block them, kick their karma in the krutch and leave them to their miserable existence. Smile_trollface.gif.54fa9cced482993e9b392c91e064fbb5.gif

Edited by SunkCostFallacy
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 9:52 AM, Justin_Simpleton said:

I still haven't seen the toxicity folks talk about.  It could be I ignore the chat msgs for the most part.

Yeah I haven't either, still waiting for it to happen. Besides the occasional guy going "ggs" when he dies first that's all I've seen.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2024 at 1:08 PM, Type_93 said:

Same here. I see the WDx3 some, but usually a player did something really dumb and got sunk. I’ve had one player follow me to port chat in the last couple of years. I’ve never thought of stoping playing pvp because of chat. Some players do take it too far, but the WDx3 isn’t toxic to me. If I do something dumb and get sunk I kinda expect to get flamed. 
The thing in chat that I find most annoying is players who think they are Admiral Armchair and start trying to tell everyone what to do. I’m not listening to some 48%er who’s thinks they’re better than they really are.  

Oh yeah I hate it when the bad players who die first always start telling people what to do. It's incredibly annoying and they don't know what their talking about half the time. As for the "Well Done x3" I don't see how it could cause someone to stop playing random battles, that confuses me.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2024 at 2:33 PM, Col_NASTY said:

Hi there Clueless...

People like you never do.

DISMISSED

Calm down

9 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Its random words on the internet that pop up. Who cares what people say? 

How does it affect your real life? 

It shouldn't really

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unlooky said:

If you get driven away from a game because some random stranger sent a sarcastic premade message, online gaming is clearly not a hobby for you. 

Cook off bbg

11 hours ago, Unlooky said:

If you get driven away from a game because some random stranger sent a sarcastic premade message, online gaming is clearly not a hobby for you. 

Well.. I haven't been paying that much attention to the WDx3' sarcastic compliment myself, I've heard it, but not always I think directed at myself.

Now, if I get targeted myself, I might respond by saying something like 'Aw put a sock on it' and let them figure out where they are supposed to put the sock on.

3 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yeah I haven't either, still waiting for it to happen. Besides the occasional guy going "ggs" when he dies first that's all I've seen.

I'm actually one of those guys. If my frustration meter goes to red, I may well type 'gg' and go back to port. In a way, I guess, I'm hoping to mentally negate that round.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I care about the community.

The fact that WG doesn't care...or that most players don't care...is irrelevant.

I care.

Wonderful.  Stellar.  Commendable.  Laudable.  And I am glad there are players who care.

I care enough to mention that even Doctors and Nurses must learn to keep themselves healthy so that they may continue to care for their patients (instead of becoming patients themselves).

So, now I'm wondering what are the best ways to channel all the caring energy that players have a surplus of?  🙂 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yet we can only control our own actions.  We do not control the actions of others.
I imagine you already are aware of this.
And, for some reason(s), you continue to expect others to conform to your expectations for their behavior?
Yes?/No?

So true. 

But, consider:  if a game does not seriously police itself, causing irreputal harm of the game quality envisioned in the marketing of the game, that game simply will lose value as game quality degrades....   Who wants to play a game that is out-of-control...?   Not many and many more simply will not spend in it - till, the quality returns...

So, individual actions matter;  and yet......only reciprocation of ethics, makes a game successful and profitable.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

I think that on at least one occasion I was trying to aim a "Well done!" at a specific player, so that their name would be included in the chat message.
And, first I hit open water (which missed the inclusion of their name), then next I aimed at the wrong player who was in-line-of-sight with the intended player.  So, it took me three attempts to send the right message to the player that deserved it, eh?  🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i will admit while playing asymmetrics you see players saying protect the base . there for when each map when theres not a flagged cap i will type it  just for the fun of it .

does that make me toxic . i dont think so i just think its funny to see reactions  

When one or more players use their hydro-acoustic-search or radar consumables too soon and while we're all still near our spawning points (usually by an accidental keystroke), I've been known to type "I am using my binoculars" in chat.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Asym said:

So true. 

But, consider:  if a game does not seriously police itself, causing irreputal harm of the game quality envisioned in the marketing of the game, that game simply will lose value as game quality degrades....   Who wants to play a game that is out-of-control...?   Not many and many more simply will not spend in it - till, the quality returns...

So, individual actions matter;  and yet......only reciprocation of ethics, makes a game successful and profitable.....

Thanks.

In reply to your "But, consider ..."
The game does have some built-in tools and people have mentioned automatic chat-bans (for using certain words) within this topic.
The available "policing" may not be satisfactory for every player.
And there are mutiple languages involved due to the international or regional nature of this game.
And clever people use alternate letters to disguise their "certain words" from automated detection while the human mind is able to rapidly discern the intended messages.

Also, as I recall from this topic and others like it, some players have made efforts to create tickets persistently enough and launch public awareness campaigns which eventually motivated WG/WOWs enough to assign personnel and labor-hours to "do something" to enforce the TOS & EULA violations that were reported.
Such deeds are worthy of hoisting a beverage or two in a toast, eth?  DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg

I don't quite know what you mean by reciprocation of ethics.

But, if the player-base grows while the undesireable behaviors of some players shrink, then I figure that's a win/win in the long term.

In my personal experience, I've occasionally encountered poor sportsmanship and inappropriate use of the chat capability.
While I don't have statistics to support it, my impression is that the overall incidents are lower nowadays than when I first started playing in 2018.
Possibly some of the "worst offenders" have moved-on to other games or at least modified their behaviors (and changed their names?) to avoid being inconvenienced?
And, again, possibly I have zero proof of my speculations.  🙂 
Even if ...

image_2023-09-10_113233153.png.7039bd2de8cea96816df87c515a902bb.png  

Edited to add:  We do understand that "policing" usually involves doing something about a violation that already happened, correct?  Police often show up after they've been called, not before a crime has been committed?  Yes/No?  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1