Gonna try to stay in the TOS here....

Col_NASTY

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The targets of the venting don't usually find any humor or style in the venting.

CommanderMcBragg_Quite_meme_06-02-2023_.thumb.jpg.d644e9879b6bdd68f89eac5f6939ecde.jpg  

• Like 1

Its random words on the internet that pop up. Who cares what people say? 

How does it affect your real life? 

Posted (edited)

Soo ..... ook I'm entering the "arena"  53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

It's the Triple WD people that do it EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone on their own team dies.

Because people are fed up with "half team sunk before 5 min mark". Which is quite a thing, sadly.This is a team game, so "I do as I please" is quite a false excuse. Or with people playing ranked, while being clueless.

That's why I feel strongly about Wedgie removing/altering learning tools and facilitating rapid progression. Even if they rerinstate or institute measures in that direction, as of now .... the results will show only in time. Like ..... 6 months. 

18 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's a game.

Yeah, well .... that's Wedgie;s excuse to not care and disrespect it.

If we want this game to grow, then we can not be complacent about allowing entitled players driving away potential customers.

Well.... you also need a good foundation, in form of robust learning tools. One CANNOT build a house of cards and expecting to be earthquake proof. That's not how this works....

Chat enforcement by WG staff is quite uneven.

I would not make ANY assumptions about why someone got banned.

I've seen people get banned just because WG staff didn't like them.

I've seen people spout the most awful direct attacks on folks and not get banned.

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif You forgot spending habit.

Somebody mentioned as the game being designed for 8 yearolds. That's incorrect. The game wasn't  and couldn't have been. It is waaay to complex for that, even dumbed down as is today. That's why Wedgie;s attempts at this were and are doomed to fail. But drove and  will drive away good ol'  folks..

That being said, they are, ofc,  allowed and welcomed.

Edited by Andrewbassg

32 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The targets of the venting don't usually find any humor or style in the venting.

Nor the folks, who do everything they can to win, only to lose because of some stupidity.

Someone going off? I just type one word and it stops, every single time. 

Reporting doesn't do anything and these characters likely have little to no karma and I don't have the time or energy to waste on a cs complaint.

I'll let you have a guess.

4 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Reporting doesn't do anything and these characters likely have little to no karma and I don't have the time or energy to waste on a cs complaint.

Fiddlesticks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, thornzero said:

(...)

Ok, I'll bite. What's the magic word that can stop people emoting every single time?

(afaik there's no "ban" command you could type)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thornzero said:

The word? The Word???😉

please-tell-us-more.gif.dc09f42ae5e52532c144b4d95057ea44.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I certainly have when some has been directed at me. Either because it was a youngster than said something hilarious or extremely eloquent while also being colorful from what usually turns out to be ex military. 

Some of my biggest friends online started out in all chat talking trash before we linked up to play together. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Like 1

I'm about to call it a night; so here you go.

All I type is:

karen

Here's to peaceful chats while at war with ships. I think it takes the wind out of their computer commando sails. 

No one wants to be a karen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Star Trek Captain Kirk GIF | GIFDB.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's time to learn how to play nice with one another...

Yep.  ^^^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Soo ..... ook I'm entering the "arena"  53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

Because people are fed up with "half team sunk before 5 min mark". Which is quite a thing, sadly.This is a team game, so "I do as I please" is quite a false excuse. Or with people playing ranked, while being clueless.

That's why I feel strongly about Wedgie removing/altering learning tools and facilitating rapid progression. Even if they rerinstate or institute measures in that direction, as of now .... the results will show only in time. Like ..... 6 months. 

Yeah, well .... that's Wedgie;s excuse to not care and disrespect it.

Well.... you also need a good foundation, in form of robust learning tools. One CANNOT build a house of cards and expecting to be earthquake proof. That's not how this works....

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif You forgot spending habit.

Somebody mentioned as the game being designed for 8 yearolds. That's incorrect. The game wasn't  and couldn't have been. It is waaay to complex for that, even dumbed down as is today. That's why Wedgie;s attempts at this were and are doomed to fail. But drove and  will drive away good ol'  folks..

That being said, they are, ofc,  allowed and welcomed.

It wasn't designed from the start for 8 year olds......13 year olds to be exact.  Ah, we are PG-13 for a reason mate.....  Not MV or M or A or anything that remotely says "adults..."

Really ~!  That's interesting....  Let's see......the game is a non-skill based, cooperative, key board based, FPS... Don't need skill to advance nor buy nor compete nor join clans...  My Grandson has had an account for years - he's 12 now and thinks the game is boring....???  The point is:  kids are here and can easily play this game well....

Now, having kicked a posse of those non-existent 8 years olds off the computer, playing this game in Randoms, and, causing all sorts of mischief, 3 or so years ago, I guess they really don't exist and never have been here....  Let alone, mentoring all sorts of Home School family' s in choosing videogames for their children (of all ages no less) to play which is their form of recess..... 

Hmmmm?  Hallucinating again.  But, let's be intellectually honest for a second:  do you really believe there aren't 8 year olds and above playing....?  If so, it's hard to take what you say as an honest opinion seriously.......cause, they are in the game and every once and a while, one of them, like Ashley down the street (who is 12 now) forgets to not talk on Discord when playing her grand father's account.........  Oooops.  Sorry, too much reality....

This TBI is a PITA somedays.....

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's not funny. It's not banter.

It actively drives away folks from the game.

We should stop doing it.

If you get driven away from a game because some random stranger sent a sarcastic premade message, online gaming is clearly not a hobby for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Nor the folks, who do everything they can to win, only to lose because of some stupidity.

Yet we can only control our own actions.  We do not control the actions of others.
I imagine you already are aware of this.
And, for some reason(s), you continue to expect others to conform to your expectations for their behavior?
Yes?/No?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, clammboy said:
1 hour ago, thornzero said:

Star Trek Captain Kirk GIF | GIFDB.com

This one, maybe?  😉 
th?id=OIP.m4WABRzRF2Bprn0ozfBLVgHaFd%26p

b3a8d5493f10825608b137aa5ed4ac2a--the-pl 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

If you get driven away from a game because some random stranger sent a sarcastic premade message, online gaming is clearly not a hobby for you. 

By that same token, if you feel a need to mouth off in chat instead of playing the game, maybe online gaming isn't a hobby for you either, especially if it breaks the EULA everyone signed.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

By that same token, if you feel a need to mouth off in chat instead of playing the game, maybe online gaming isn't a hobby for you either, especially if it breaks the EULA everyone signed.

Is it that truly that hard to do both? And quite frankly, if you feel attacked/insulted by someone sending "Well Done" three times, you need to grow thicker skin. I'm not saying the game chat should become like Modern Warfare 2 (2009), but this is some Roblox level of chat enforcement.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yet we can only control our own actions.  We do not control the actions of others.
I imagine you already are aware of this.
And, for some reason(s), you continue to expect others to conform to your expectations for their behavior?
Yes?/No?

Of course not. However, everybody is also responsible for their own actions,. just as we (try to) keep Wedgie accountable for its actions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Of course not. However, everybody is also responsible for their own actions,. just as we (try to) keep Wedgie accountable for its actions.

Personally, I'm not employed as a "referee" in World of Warships.
The "tools" available to me, as a player, allow me to limit the communications that I may receive from other players.
I may, at my discretion, exercise the option to "create a customer service ticket" if I feel a situation deserves that level of my attention.

I'm not currently employed as a "coach" of other players, either.

So, I am reminded of Sarah's situation in the movie The Labyrinth, summed-up in one of the dialogue lines spoken by actress Jennifer Connelly, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/
"... For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great...
[thunder rumbles] 
... You have no power over me."

Which goes both ways.  I have no power over others, and they have no power over me.

As a coping mechanism, I've learned to let go of the things which I cannot control.
Which reminds me of the song "Let It Go", in the movie Frozen.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/

FROZEN | Let It Go Sing-along | Official Disney UK

🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Asym said:

Really ~!  That's interesting....  Let's see......the game is a non-skill based, cooperative, key board based, FPS... Don't need skill to advance nor buy nor compete nor join clans..

Well ..... we gonna disagree on that. There is skill in wows and skill matters. There is  no metric to measure that skill, but skill exists.

1 hour ago, Asym said:

My Grandson has had an account for years - he's 12 now and thinks the game is boring....??? 

Of course he does  🙂  It is (seemingly)  slow paced, requires planning, forward thinking, knowledge of one's ships capabilities as well of the adversaries. In simpler words LOT of knowledge AND a ton of experience.

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

1 hour ago, Asym said:

But, let's be intellectually honest for a second:  do you really believe there aren't 8 year olds and above playing....?  If so, it's hard to take what you say as an honest opinion seriously.......cause, they are in the game and every once and a while, one of them, like Ashley down the street (who is 12 now) forgets to not talk on Discord when playing her grand father's account...

Probably  do. 🙂 

Edit: Wanted to add this... 

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Sorry, too much reality....

There is no such thing. Tho life can absolutely be overwhelming at times.... and that' s why we need to prepare  and pass on what we "know". That's our duty.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

does it matter if your a skilled player or not 

NO it dont matter as long as your enjoying the game  good or bad having a lot of fun  , picking up a few pointers here and there , learning from your own mistakes   and moving forward . 

problem with this game is  toxcity , to many players obsessed with winrate and PR . who cares its only a pixel game on a screen  that can disappear anytime . 

take your time  , view your surroundings not just in front but beside you , learn the best map placements  with the ships you play and you should be good .

keep an eye on the mini map 

remember to just go out there and have fun 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

39 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As a coping mechanism, I've learned to let go of the things which I cannot control.

Oh I let go of things,  even if I could "control" them, all the time. It can be  said that I could have stopped Ahskance form becoming a CM buut .... I'm human and I have a heart 🙂 .

As for power .... I have  no wish for it, especially over others.  Carries a great  burden of responsibility.

But mistakes and problems.... can't be corrected if people are not aware of em .

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

100%. That was the point of my post about mentality from back in October, if you remember.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Amen.