Gonna try to stay in the TOS here....

Col_NASTY

There is the "automatic chat ban" and there is the "manual chat ban" the former is done by a filtering program looking for usual cursewords and phrases and it hands out couple of days of ban, the manual is done by an "operator" as a response to somebodys ticket or some other way of letting WG know about the offence, it can hand out any length of chatban from onew day to (allegedly) permanent

• Like 2

For the most part it is not toxic. It can be, if the interpretation or perception of it is toxic.

A triple Well Done! simply means:

♡ Well Done! For the enemy who valiantly fought and died for his team,

♤ Well Done! For the player who had the honor of destroying the valiant enemy, and,

♧ Well Done! For the rest of the warriors still engaged in battle for helping out.

/s

• Like 4

I was called a cheater because I shot a destroyer in smoke last week. 

It was a good day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

For the most part it is not toxic. It can be, if the interpretation or perception of it is toxic.

A triple Well Done! simply means:

♡ Well Done! For the enemy who valiantly fought and died for his team,

♤ Well Done! For the player who had the honor of destroying the valiant enemy, and,

♧ Well Done! For the rest of the warriors still engaged in battle for helping out.

/s

Triple Well Done is almost always done sarcastically. I've never had an issue with it, although I do employ it myself relatively frequently. It's just a funny part of online banter and nothing more. Seems like people here read far too much into it. Wait until they see Rocket League's "What a Save!" or Overwatch's "Thanks!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

There is the "automatic chat ban" and there is the "manual chat ban" the former is done by a filtering program looking for usual cursewords and phrases and it hands out couple of days of ban, the manual is done by an "operator" as a response to somebodys ticket or some other way of letting WG know about the offence, it can hand out any length of chatban from onew day to (allegedly) permanent

What exactly does "inappropriate/abusive language" and "violation... reported through Player Support" mean, exactly? It can't mean a ticket as it's instant, but is it just based on chat filter engaging some automated ban (it doesn't do that at least for one or two F-words... don't ask me how I know this...) OR is it based on some predefined number of reports that other players make in that battle?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Wait until they see Rocket League's "What a Save!" or Overwatch's "Thanks!"

Or LoL's "reported". Or the constant barrage of racial slurs etc of the olden days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Triple Well Done is almost always done sarcastically. I've never had an issue with it, although I do employ it myself relatively frequently. It's just a funny part of online banter and nothing more. Seems like people here read far too much into it. Wait until they see Rocket League's "What a Save!" or Overwatch's "Thanks!"

It's not funny. It's not banter.

It actively drives away folks from the game.

We should stop doing it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

We should stop doing it.

I never started doing it.

And the confusion about the use & meaning of "Well done!" was started by people who were mis-using the phrase.
I still intend for Well Done to be a good sentiment sent as a message to praise and reward good behavior.  Which is why I still use the Well Done quick message.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

And the confusion about the use & meaning of "Well done!" was started by people who were mis-using the phrase.
I still intend for Well Done to be a good sentiment sent as a message to praise and reward good behavior.  Which is why I still use the Well Done quick message.

IT's like 'gg', you don't always know what it means. I admit I'm guilty of using 'gg' both ways myself....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Indeed.

For me, the line is crossed with the triple well done in quick succession.

That's always an insult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BCGrog said:

The stench from the cheetos stained wife beater undershirt wearing basement dwellers that joyfully sniff their own farts and have never been touched by a beautiful woman emanates from the bottom left corner of my screen when I leave it on.

They are the kinds of guys that when they come over you don't know until they've gone that they ate your garbage, clogged your toilets and the dog is pregnant.

MAN!! I JUST cleaned my KB last weekend.. Now it's full of coffee AGAIN!

fy8lfy8pfy8p.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I was called a cheater because I shot a destroyer in smoke last week. 

It was a good day. 

The highest praise in this game is a Hackusation...

I don't feel complete if I don't earn one at least once a month🫡

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed.

For me, the line is crossed with the triple well done in quick succession.

That's always an insult.

When someone has done well, I take the time to type out a well-done.  When someone messes up royally or is obviously acting contrary to the rules, I report them and move on.  Insults are for the weak, and I have no time to waste on people who actually merit an insult.

I've got enemy ships to sink.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, majmac said:

It must have been quite foul/racist/abusive to get a chat ban.

Those bans are not automatic, but imposed by WG staff after reviewing the chat log.

Or, you are on their "Hoofty" list and it makes them giggle to torment you.....

"Power, corrupts absolutely..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Asym said:

Or, you are on their "Hoofty" list and it makes them giggle to torment you.....

"Power, corrupts absolutely..."

Yes, we know what happens if you go down that path...

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Hi there Clueless...

It says RIGHT IN THE CHATBAN  That it IS done by automation.

So you can take your inference as to what horrible things I said and use them for Ballast.

I don't know what's worse .

People who are abusive in chat or people who make things up so they can post BASELESS accusations without a fact in them just to try to appear Holier than thou and knowledgeable.

ae5hae5ae5.png.344a3b1706dd6fa63b571d29abd248ff.png

I won't wait for you to admit that you are wrong.

People like you never do.

DISMISSED

"People like you?"   Careful there.....   

Some of us, "people like me",  come from the real world where they use, hard core, serious Corporate filters that would make you cringe.....  Risk mitigation is a proposition some Corporations employ to remove simple, discoverable, word liabilities.... Cross the corporation's list of bad things to say and you are speaking to your VP, HR and your union rep.....and, it won't be pretty.  In the Military.........ooooh......bad wu-ju boo-ju (I've seen Article 15's handed out (Captain mast level for Navy types...)

Here, it's the seven dirty words and even that, doesn't really cover what happens everyday.  Heck, we see the seven dirty words in chat daily in COOP and those players are not being chat banned???  Reported by fellow players, yes, banned, not that I've observed...  Notice the word "observed" does not mean "know of first hand...can verify...can attest to..." 

It's just your opinion.....  of a process - we see the description of - but really, don't know anything beyond that ^^^^^....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What exactly does "inappropriate/abusive language" and "violation... reported through Player Support" mean, exactly? It can't mean a ticket as it's instant, but is it just based on chat filter engaging some automated ban (it doesn't do that at least for one or two F-words... don't ask me how I know this...) OR is it based on some predefined number of reports that other players make in that battle?

Honeslty I have no idea, you would have to ask WG staff about that part athough I doubt you would get any sensible answer from them about it, one way or another it does look like there is a “dual system” in place as they repeatedly stated when asked 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

When someone has done well, I take the time to type out a well-done.  When someone messes up royally or is obviously acting contrary to the rules, I report them and move on.  Insults are for the weak, and I have no time to waste on people who actually merit an insult.

I've got enemy ships to sink.

Amen.

40 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Honeslty I have no idea, you would have to ask WG staff about that part athough I doubt you would get any sensible answer from them about it, one way or another it does look like there is a “dual system” in place as they repeatedly stated when asked 

I don't even trust WG staff about it...since I've heard them say one thing and do another repeatedly.

At this point I just utilize the customer support ticket system to report the egregious stuff and leave it at that.

No sense in getting down under the bridge with most of these guys...just turn them in to the local constable and get back to trying to win / have fun in the game.

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Thanks. I suppose I could always conduct a field test with select terms... something like 'stat queen', for instance. That could be my term of endearment for those people who go 'now I see why you hide your stats' and so on.

Would you rather me type what I want to say to the guy that just suicided in ops or asymmetric rather than a sarcastic well done? Because one of these options would definitely get a chat ban. 

What is labeled as toxic behavior now makes me really glad that recording/streaming wasn't as big when I was playing CoD online from 08-14. Because our group definitely had some colorful language in english/Spanish. Both to opponents and each other. 

https://youtu.be/izB1ZzAGfEU?si=mVVCgd-i-x1oOM8I

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Would you rather me type what I want to say to the guy that just suicided in ops or asymmetric rather than a sarcastic well done? Because one of these options would definitely get a chat ban. 

It USED to be a legit bit of cheeky sarcasm that has been morphed into a toxic thing little trolls do.

The SINGLE Well Done that is.

The triple is a WELL KNOWN thing made popular by the current Complainer and rage against WG chief himself.

Not the point , but the point people keep bringing up to support their argument.

It's the Triple WD people that do it EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone on their own team dies.

I've not only seen it but experienced it myself many times , especially when the weekend trolls come out.

I've had it done to me after  a 4 or 5 kill game when I am down half my team and focused by the CV and multiple ships and die.

It's become the latest toxic troll.

It's what to be expected when they all are fanbois of a certain streamer that feeds them non stop griefing and complaints and whines about WG.

We ALL know who I am talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Er... I don't but don't mind me. Ain't the first time I'm out of the loop.

• Haha 1

Creative and eloquent expressions of one's sentiments can vent anger & frustration while avoiding chat-bans and introduce humor & style into the situation.
😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GandalfTehGray said:

What is labeled as toxic behavior now makes me really glad that recording/streaming wasn't as big when I was playing CoD online from 08-14. Because our group definitely had some colorful language in english/Spanish. Both to opponents and each other. 

https://youtu.be/izB1ZzAGfEU?si=mVVCgd-i-x1oOM8I

I'd rather we behaved in chat at all times.

I'd rather we knew that expressing frustration in game chat is something that shouldn't be done.

I'd rather we stopped pretending that avoiding chat bans meant we weren't toxic gamers.

If you have to vent with 'Well Done' to another player because they did something you didn't like...the toxic gamer is you.

It's time to learn how to play nice with one another...

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Creative and eloquent expressions of one's sentiments can vent anger & frustration while avoiding chat-bans and introduce humor & style into the situation.
😉 

The targets of the venting don't usually find any humor or style in the venting.

• Haha 1