Salem
Colbert
Marceau
Flint
Illinois

Because daka

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
  1. Ohio - might be the best BB in the game. Not as good since the Capt Skill rework but still a beast.
  2. OG Missouri - built in credit printing press and a good ship; nuff said.
  3. Giulio Cesare - I don't think it is as "OP" as so many others think but it is very good. 
  4. Puerto Rico - Best dockyard ship to date and one of my favorite ships in game overall.
  5. Benham - need I say anything?

Honorable mention to Atlantico because I said so 🙂

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Posted (edited)

Top 5? Thats tough when you own and play all of them. Admittedly some get more play time than others but that really is down to wargaming and their directives. So I base my list on the FUN factor.

1: Emden

2: Tirpitz (OG & B)

3: Mainz

4: Marceau

5: Aquila

Oh, and as for Emden. She was voted for this weeks Boat break down on the NA community stream. Won with 50% of the vote. Despite bitter complaints from both Boggzy and Gaishu who both showed disdain and disgust that we wanted a T2 boat. Eff those guys. Emden is the OG gangster, the ship that single handed shut down freight in the Indian ocean in 1915, the ship that forced the UK navy to assemble a force of 80 warships to hunt her down. 

SMS Emden - Wikipedia

The Epic Journey of the Emden and Her Crew (historycollection.com)

Emden is the most fun you can have in this game. At the tier that is literally the most fun to play regardless of what class of ship you take out. Pure close quarters brawling. 

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 6

Maybe in order.

1. Georgia

2. Massachusetts

3. Irian

4. Atago

5. Arizona

Atlantico: not the best at anything but good armor with good gun angles and secondary guns that go boom rather than pew pew make it's a favourite

jagger: a 1 trick pony that gets easily shut down by other dds and cvs but it's worth it because the torpedoes must flow

Odin: full main gun build with heavy AP, furious and close quarter skill for the memes

Strasbourg: same build as Odin, Things can get wild when combining reload booster with furious and close quarter reload boost  

Illinois:  give those HE spamming ships a taste of their own medicine

Destroyer main in randoms

Premiums

T10 Vampire D11 (motto - Audeamus "Let's be Daring") 

T7 Leningrad (faster, pussycat!) 

T7 Z-39 (master of area denial) 

T5 Siroco (although techtree Jaguar & Mastrale are judge & executioner) 

T3 Vampire D68 (little Aussie destroyer shines in a rarely populated match) Destroyer main in randoms

16 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

With whatever reasoning. What you like, what you think is strong, historical, cool, your best performer, whatever! Discussion about ships encouraged too. I feel like we don't talk much about ships here. 

Mine :

1, Prinz Eugen. It's lean, mean, got armor, got heal, punchy ap, yolo torpedoes, cxp boost and it existed. Looks nice too. Citadeled Tirpitz with it once. Very fun to play. 

2, Kidd. It's the destroyer, the one that most keenly focuses on destroyer duties and teamwork, and excels at them (save for possibly ones that I don't have and Daring). 

3, Roma. Looks great with normal or beer can camo, makes money, has no stupid gimmicks. It's stealthy, fast(ish), has fast turret traverse and great shell velocity, decent penetration, armored for business. 

4, Asashio. It's just so strong at it's primary job. For the times you really get angry about battleship players, it is the remedy. 

5. Wichita. It's a Baltimore that didn't eat all the cheetos, and I feel it's better at a roaming playstyle. Looks great too like most american ships. 

1. Moskva

2. Bourgogne

3. Stalingrad

4. Georgia

5. Bayard

Out of all the premiums I've purchased besides Bayard and Cossack which isn't on this list they've been really bad and unenjoyable to play. As for this list, I enjoy these ships because they're all very very strong and all very fun to play.

Top 5

1. Cossack
  2. Vampire 2
  3. Haida
  4. Belfast (T7 one)
  5. T-61/ZF-6 (I just can't decide between them)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

1. Asashio -... Shits on T10´s and would Shit on T11´s if it had the chance... 

Oh yeah, possibly the only ship for which the matchmaking woes are reversed. T10, great, big fat long massive hp targets. 

Be toptier T6 tho, meh. Dreadnoughts are small, not much hp, small turn radius and they tend to zigzag around semi-randomly because of their turret layout and traverse. 

Asashio is also a capable scout and fighting other destroyers can be very satisfying since you certainly didn't beat them by bashing them with more better hp and he dpm. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Top 5

1. T-61/ZF-6 (I just can't decide between them)

How could I forget ZF-6, the only dd that combines reload booster with decent concealment? Love it. Although the docyard camo it came with is so uninspired and banal. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My top picks are probably not what most players would consider the best, but the ones I enjoy playing and have the most time in. These are the ships I play daily. 

Atlanta/Flint

Marblehead

Tokachi 

Weimar

Prinz Eugen (my go-to ship for when I play Ops)

Edited by Taylor3006

Well ...  kinda depends on what mode I play. So

1. Mainz. for anything T8 PvP.

2. Irian. Arguably better than Mainz for ops with those 13.5 km torps and with TRB almost equals her (15 fish). Bots are scripted, so no sudden movements 🙂   (tho the Nagatos in  AEGIS are somehow good at dodging)  And better MB accuracy + Heavy HE shells ....... do unholy things to poor loliBotes ( 6k salvos are not uncommon)

3. Weimar. Ranked, Brawls.

4. Agir. T9 Ranked, tho not randoms.

5. KittyKamy. She is a fun boat 🙂 

6. Cossack for ops if mission.

There are LOT of other boats that are efficient and also fun, but these would be the top picks. Sadly, there is no high tier equivalent to Mainz...

1. Cossack. I'm a DD main. Notoriously strong T8 dd and as in all the RN DDs finding the right balance between strategically offensive and tactically defensive gameplay is so much fun.
2. Somme. See above
3. Haida. One of the best DD-killers tier for tier. And that is exactly how I like to play. Dmg-farming is not my thing.
4. Gorizia. I hated it when i was new and dumb, with growing experience I started to like the SAP-hydro-smoke-combo. Nice kiting cruiser aswell. Also I took her to t7 ranked before flamu found out she's cool.

5. Warspite. There has to be one BB i guess and she is ofc legendary and has really nice guns.

Honorary mentions go to Mainz and Leningrad.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kyseenalainen said:

5. Warspite. There has to be one BB i guess and she is ofc legendary and has really nice guns.

Welcome to the forum.  

Warspite - one of my favorites!

• Like 1

For fun and also great ships for mission grinds. 

Colbert

Smolensk

Yolo Emilio 

Salem

Pommern. 

On 5/3/2024 at 11:57 AM, Frostbow said:

Why limit ourselves to just five? Man, this is a very hard question already! 😄

Atlanta 
When I saw how easy it was to top Narai with this light cruiser, I got hold of one and has never looked back. Before the Operations rework, this ship with the appropriate signals can bring 35,000 to 40,000 Free XP per Narai run. And even after the economy rework, a single blue FXP booster can still generate a reasonable and decent amount of Free XP.

Azuma 
They said not to get it because it is boring. I used my Free XP to get one because the ship is simply beautiful. And she's been very kind to me ever since. 

Jean Bart 
I can still vividly remember the CVs that her reload booster sunk. Pelts on the Wall, they all are.

Salem 
Auto loading 203mm guns with better heal. Perfect for Co-op.

Napoli 
Borderline overpowered cruiser. Even Don Vito Corleone agrees.

image.thumb.png.d0e77d9fd90468b2f13108aaff380e65.png

I think I have a Screencap somewhere getting close to 100k during super bonus time...

So yeah....

All time #1 is Atlanta.

Rest of my list is based on fun to play...

#2. is Smolie

#3. is Cossack

#4 is Thunderer

#5. is Druid

Posted (edited)

My top 5 premiums/freemiums that I do OK in would be;

Emden. I know how to 'play' this little gem I call the Machine Gun Kelly

Iwaki Alpha. In the right hands (not mine) the 'killer'. 

Arkansas Beta. Lots of Guns.

ARP Kirishima (Kongo clone) 

ARP Nachi (Myoko clone)

(& honourable mentions to: Texas & HSF Graf Spee)

Edited by Aethervox

Posted (edited)

1. Massachutets - favourite (sec. build)

2. GK - with Lutjens: perfect BB (sec. build)

3. Napoli - perfect cruiser for me (sec. build)

4. Burgogne - it was worth all the steel

5. Ohio - it was worth all regrind... (sec. build)

6. Illinois - worth regrind 🙂

And there is 1 more ship which I need to play more, but now it is promising: Iwami (sec. build). 

EDIT: I FORGOT 2 MORE: AGINCOURT - powerfull ship, sec. build also. Second is for me best cruiser t7 with super heal - Boise 🙂

Edited by WildWind84

• Missouri - my home state ship, historical importance, and OG credit printer.
  • Hill and Monaghan - I play these two in Co-op if I need just a bit more XP for something, or wins in any mode.  These two are my Co-op work horses.
  • Kamikaze R - as it turned out, the best premium ship WG ever awarded for an event.
  • Smolensk - need gun hits for a mission?  This is the go-to.  I don't play it much in Random, however.
  • Belfast - I used to achieve so much map control with this ship.  I don't play it much, anymore, and it doesn't seem like many others do, either.