Abandoned grinds: which ships can you simply not get to work for you (that you thought were going to be great)?

Ensign Cthulhu

2 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Is that so? Can you explain to me what other battleship line you are describing then, that has "good secondaries and lots of torpedoes"

You call it Schliffen mind rot, because if I am going to play a squishy BB I want it to have lots of gimmicks I find enjoyable as the trade off. How is that brain rot exactly?  I've ground out both American BB lines, the French, the Italians, both German lines, and both British lines until tier 7. British just aren't my thing. But somehow this equates to German BC's make people idiots. 

I don't like the Russian and Japanese BB lines, is that because all I want to play is Schliffen? Is it because they don't have secondaries and torps?  If that's the case why do I like the slow American BB line so much? What about the French big gun cruisers? 

I merely stated why I liked one line and not another that's comparable, and you got offended. That's on you. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:56 AM, Unlooky said:

Anyways, to answer the original post, it would be Daring and Colombo. I started the grind for Daring probably 2 years ago and barely ever want to actually grind it, especially with all the anemic mid tiers. I have Jutland researched but not bought, I just don't feel like grinding it even though Daring is busted. Colombo I have 0 interest in acquiring, so I've had the T7 unlocked for a while. 

I don't feel the UK dd line is as strong anymore with the subs and more radar dds. But still enjoy it myself when I have a chance to play them. 

On 5/5/2024 at 7:32 AM, invicta2012 said:

3) Akizuki. I wish I enjoyed it, but it's just a bit too awkward for PVE. Not quite nimble enough, not enough torpedoes, not quite fast enough. 

It and Kita are pretty high up in my most played list, the torpedo reload gets you plenty anytime you need them. 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:13 AM, ArIskandir said:

Please explain to me where's the positive on not being able to defend yourself the closer you get to the enemy? 

There is none young grasshopper 

ySpH8X0.gif

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

You call it Schliffen mind rot, because if I am going to play a squishy BB I want it to have lots of gimmicks I find enjoyable as the trade off. How is that brain rot exactly?  I've ground out both American BB lines, the French, the Italians, both German lines, and both British lines until tier 7. British just aren't my thing. But somehow this equates to German BC's make people idiots. 

I don't like the Russian and Japanese BB lines, is that because all I want to play is Schliffen? Is it because they don't have secondaries and torps?  If that's the case why do I like the slow American BB line so much? What about the French big gun cruisers? 

I merely stated why I liked one line and not another that's comparable, and you got offended. That's on you. 

I called it Schlieffen brainrot because your complaints were that the ship was not Schlieffen. Literally no other line in the game has the combination of factors you listed. If you are going to whine about a ship, do not whine about the ship not being something it isn't 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't have any stalled lines on my main account. I used free xp to speed up the DD lines. DD's are fun in co-op, less so in randoms.

I also used free xp to speed up CV lines until T8 became a thing in operations.

Every cruiser line and every BB line has been fully researched via random battles mode at least until T8 operations.

I used freexp to remove the submarines from my Not Elite filter on the carousel in port. Have not played a single game in submarines other than the small handful of games during the public testing phase.

ps. the early access mechanism has actually prevented nearly entire lines from being played much at all. I don't mind the free port slots (not that I need them) and I don't mind not needing to spend credits on them, but the entire premise of early access is counter productive in my opinion. It removes the need to actually play most of the ships. A total waste of the effort put in by the artists at wargambling.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I merely stated why I liked one line and not another that's comparable, and you got offended. That's on you. 

I too enjoy Schlieffen and not so much Vincent, but I don't think they're comparable. Schlieffen is an experiment WG made to see what's it take to make bb drivers push, and the answer turned out to be "a lot". While Vincent mostly behaves like a normal battleship with some busted characteristics. We aren't going to get another Schlieffen (hopefully). 

5 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I too enjoy Schlieffen and not so much Vincent, but I don't think they're comparable. Schlieffen is an experiment WG made to see what's it take to make bb drivers push, and the answer turned out to be "a lot". While Vincent mostly behaves like a normal battleship with some busted characteristics. We aren't going to get another Schlieffen (hopefully). 

never say never, still waiting for BBs AA conversion like the wyoming conversion

5fcfe0abb6d06.image.jpg?crop=1280,672,0,

or the Jean Bart proposal:

8kl6g3z8vvi61.png

I have currently seven stalled lines :

British heavy cruisers T6
Spanish cruisers T7
Dutch cruisers T7
Japanes light cruisers T7
Italian destroyers T6
French "super cruisers" T8
Russian heavy cruisers T9 (170 845 xp from Petropavlovsk).

I don't count the cv and subs, i sold them immediatly .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

It removes the need to actually play most of the ships

...if you were in the game at the time of early release.

If you were NOT in the game at the time, it removes nothing.

12 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

wargambling

Using that word is a great way to trash any belief I might have that your opinion is in any way objective or rational. 

• Bored 1

12 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

...if you were in the game at the time of early release.

If you were NOT in the game at the time, it removes nothing.

Using that word is a great way to trash any belief I might have that your opinion is in any way objective or rational. 

Is this thread an OPINION thread or not?  I don't care for your opinion regarding my opinion. I use the words I use quite deliberately, and wargambling is a very fitting description of this game. I do not care if you like it or not. Gambling is at the very core of all the mechanics used. From loot boxes to RNG when you fire your guns. It's the same damn thing.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Is this thread an OPINION thread or not?  I don't care for your opinion regarding my opinion. I use the words I use quite deliberately, and wargambling is a very fitting description of this game. I do not care if you like it or not. Gambling is at the very core of all the mechanics used. From loot boxes to RNG when you fire your guns. It's the same damn thing.

Tip: He is a well known defender of Wargaming and a chronic contrarian who, sources say, previously wanted to become a Community Contributor. 

They say the G in 'WG' and in 'RNG' is gambling. And from what I have seen, I do agree. 😂

• Like 3

On 5/6/2024 at 12:50 PM, GandalfTehGray said:

Only read through page 1 on my lunch break but I'd highly encourage trying the Russian BB in Asym this week before it goes away. They really shine in the mode and I've ran through the last 30k on Sinop up to 100k left on Soyouz. Obviously I've left this line a long time for same coop reason. Slow battleships get nothing in standard coop most matches anymore. 

The Russian cvs are also hilariously strong in this mode since fighters don't do anything and the AA is down tiered. 

@Ensign Cthulhugave either a shot yet?