Are" Research Points" now only available via ship line resets (i.e. IIRC we had small amounts available regularly via other means as well)?

Leo_Apollo11

4 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Hell, the amount of blue boosters WG gives new accounts these days is more than sufficient to reach Tier 10. 

Nope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

Honestly? I get a fair amount of blue boosters every month by playing CB, collecting BP, etc. If you are grinding every 3 months (for double reset) you could be expected to complete the grind with some blue boosters to spare. 

CB clan battles? Most people don't play those. I am one of those. 

I probably average around 40 blue ship XP boosters a year at best. I got 20 a month or two ago I've been saving to help with the dockyard grind and those were the first in a [ha]while. 

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Reroll accounts are not new players.

My point was not that new players can reach tier 10 in a low number of battles. My point is that experienced players can reach tier 10 without a stockpile of 50 blue boosters. 

19 hours ago, Unlooky said:

With blue boosters? That's FAR from unheard of. An above average player can be expected to reach tier 10 within 30-40 games, assuming we start at tier 6. 

36 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

My point was not that new players can reach tier 10 in a low number of battles. My point is that experienced players can reach tier 10 without a stockpile of 50 blue boosters. 

Those rerolls aren't 'above average' players...they are unicums.

My point still stands.

On 5/1/2024 at 7:10 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

as long as you had 5 T10 ships in your port did you then get  access to RB points  . then they added them to the battle pass just like @aleksi111 had mentioned  , and that gave everyone access  . if lucky you could land around 75 RB points in a supercontainer ( very rare). the cheapest line to free exp back up quickly was the japanese harugumo line (roughly around 500k free exp's )

when you reset a line your captains go into reserve ( if you had enough vacant places) any signals and camo went back into your inventory , any upgrades for your ships you bought for coal  or RB points (unique upgrades ) also went into your inventor.

also your ship upgrade equipment went into your inventory to be reused  .

please note though when resetting you only got half the value of your ships in credits back  ( but will have to buy them back at the full price ) 

You don't need enough vacant spots in your inventory.  I always try to remember to make sure my reserve is full so I can get additional spots.

I don't play as much as many of you do but I still manage to get through a reset each quarterly bonus period.  I FXP to T5 (where the ship will start counting toward missions), which is very cheap.  Then I play it through T8 until it hits T9, research that ship, FXP to T10, research, and reset again.  A few times I haven't gotten to the T9 in the 3 months so I've also FXP'ed the end of the T9.  I'm currently at 10x on the T9 and T10.

I haven't bought the T9 and T10 because I've always been short on credits.  It doesn't cost too much to buy the lower tier ships but the high tier ships are a big credit loss. 

Despite being a casual player, I typically make more FXP in 3 months than I spend doing this.  I don't go out of my way to play the ships or grind them.  I usually try to play them at least once each time I play the game for the 50% bonus but often it's just a quick coop run and not unusual to not play them at all on any given day.

13 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Who has that many blue boosters?

They give out plenty for free every month. 

If you're not in desperate need of grinding a certain ship for clan battles I don't see the point in using them for anything else if you are resource poor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The shipxp blue boosters sorta stacked up with the camo rework and I've been in no danger of running out ever since. And many of the later lines started out at 8, plus I don't regrind like crazy. The only RB things that intrest me somewhat right now are Elbing mod and Gibraltar. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Those rerolls aren't 'above average' players...they are unicums.

My point still stands.

We may have different definitions for average/above average player,  in that case. I don't think I'm a full unicum yet, and a number of the other accounts are played by other players in the 56%-59% range. 

Edited by Unlooky
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The effort to get RB - points, time consuming and draining resources in general, bears no relation to the expected profit IMO. As much as I would like to get ships like the "Ohio" I have to forego it for the reasons mentioned. BTW, T10 from tech - lines, coal and steel can be quite decent ... 

Edited by OT2_2

5 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

If you're not in desperate need of grinding a certain ship for clan battles I don't see the point in using them for anything else if you are resource poor. 

Nope.

The grind for those is pretty expensive.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nope.

The grind for those is pretty expensive.

What does WG owe you for labor? 

Because I'm happy to spend time on a hobby I enjoy. Not to mention the daily log in bonuses. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

What does WG owe you for labor? 

Because I'm happy to spend time on a hobby I enjoy. Not to mention the daily log in bonuses. 

Apparently blue boosters...the question is whether I want to play more to get them or play other games.

10 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

About 40 a year for me averages 3.33 a month. Yup, plenty....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bomont said:

You don't need enough vacant spots in your inventory.  I always try to remember to make sure my reserve is full so I can get additional spots.

I don't play as much as many of you do but I still manage to get through a reset each quarterly bonus period.  I FXP to T5 (where the ship will start counting toward missions), which is very cheap.  Then I play it through T8 until it hits T9, research that ship, FXP to T10, research, and reset again.  A few times I haven't gotten to the T9 in the 3 months so I've also FXP'ed the end of the T9.  I'm currently at 10x on the T9 and T10.

I haven't bought the T9 and T10 because I've always been short on credits.  It doesn't cost too much to buy the lower tier ships but the high tier ships are a big credit loss. 

Despite being a casual player, I typically make more FXP in 3 months than I spend doing this.  I don't go out of my way to play the ships or grind them.  I usually try to play them at least once each time I play the game for the 50% bonus but often it's just a quick coop run and not unusual to not play them at all on any given day.

you do for your commanders  . ive experienced it twice not enough commander vacant slots and lost commanders 

One spreadsheet is enough for Wows that I only have to update monthly , unfortunately not going to keep track of what I get versus spend of boosters just for this discussion. 

On 5/3/2024 at 1:01 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

you do for your commanders  . ive experienced it twice not enough commander vacant slots and lost commanders 

That is odd.  You scared me so I just went back and checked. Having reset not too long ago, I'm still on the T5 for my current regrind.  The T6-10 captains are all safely relaxing in my reserves (of course T9&10 weren't in their ships the last 5 resets since they're at x10).  I'm pretty sure I've had full reserves during all(?) of my resets.  Could there be a cap on reserve size where it stops giving additional slots or something like that?  I have 220 reserve slots and have never bought any.

But in case I'm wrong, next reset I'm going to try to remember to swap some level 0 captains into my ships before resetting, note their names and how many slots I have in the reserves and then check after the reset.  If I lose level 0 captains so what, I'll just recruit some new ones to keep the reserves full.  No risk way to check.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 4:34 AM, Itwastuesday said:

They're serviceable in randoms, an environment full of random suboptimal destroyers. Good concealment and torpedo alpha. 

Just don't take them into ranked where T-61, Haida etc. will just mercilessly dumpster them. 

I mean, they're not good but it doesn't matter that much in randos and they're not Yudachi-level of ass. 

LOL, I'm finding Yudachi to be excellent.

Edited by desmo_2

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, SolitudeFreak said:

Friendly reminder that we were told when the battle pass was introduced that the new free tracks would have at least what the old dailies had, and the old dailies contained a small amount of RB points.

1200-1500 RB points being a small amount doesn't negate the fact that once again we receive yet another nerf.

But given how disrespectful the current event pass is, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Thank you for bringing this up, i have been wondering about this for some time now and was curious why no one was mentioning anything about it, after all WG had broken another promise, and i'm missing the RB points i got this way badly. 

Edited by UnrepentantSinner

21 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Thank you for bringing this up, i have been wondering about this for some time now and was curious why no one was mentioning anything about it, after all WG had broken another promise, and i'm missing the RB points i got this way badly. 

Ah, but you see, what you have now isn’t the Battle Pass, but rather the new (and improved!) Event Pass. It’s something completely different, so no promises were broken. /s

Sarcasm aside, it’s no coincidence that WG changed the name of the system when they reworked it last Christmas. Hiding uncomfortable economic nerfs behind reworks is a proven strategy of theirs.

• Thanks 3

On 5/2/2024 at 9:13 AM, Itwastuesday said:

Having permaboosters on any line should make it the best to regrind (just as long as the ships in it don't suck). CV possibly an exception. Having dedicated captains for each tier boat also good. 

I just happen to have that setup for the ijn gunboat line so I keep spamming it. 

Fxping the line however doesn't care about your boosters so in that way US/FR cruisers always a bit more expensive than IJN DD. 

If you actually regrind and play the line, the most important factor is of course if you enjoy them. 

Absolutely and also the most important thing is how good the T8 and T9 is. Also what is your long term goal. One does not have to Play or FreeXP the entire line, one can play and freeXP chosen ships. I have generally reset a line multiple times in a row to get to a certain captain level. And it also depends on my Premium ships for that tree.

Yes I know that I can use Elite XP too and I do that in general for captains that are not included in (regrinds). 

F.e. the RN BC line I wanted the T9 and T10 at 21 the T8 at 18 and all others at the 14 level. It demanded a lot of resets.

US DD line are not that points heavy so I Free XP to Fletcher played that a couple of times so I reached 21 on Fletcher. Last reset I played all.

ATm I am regrinding the German BB lines. The old line will have 21 from T8 when I am ready and T7 at 18. The BC line 21 on T9 and 10 and T7 and 8 on 18. All will have 14 from T3.

I gradually move through the lines. The newer lines will be taken care of later. There are many lines that i will regrind at least once so I have played through all ships.