How can this be helped / remedied - let's openly discuss the biggest problem in WoWs - the absolute player base rock bottom degradation / decay

Leo_Apollo11

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

image.jpeg.46af31229dd2f2992b655bd45a681e55.jpeg

High School Fleet's Admiral Isoroku, incognito and on vacation?  🙂 

• Haha 2

Welcome to Ranked Gold league! And one of the many reasons I haven't touched Ranked in over 4 years.

2 Cruisers thinks its a good thing to sail out broadside on to a spotted Conde and dies efter 3 minutes. Not at the same time mind you .... THEN they might actually have a chance..... No no .... they went first the one and he died then the other ...... and he died as well.... 

Also since it bears (?) on the discussion thread of PQ ragequitting early in a game, the first genious in his Puerto Rico that sailed out broadside on to Flambass Conde, which Flambass used his Funny button on ......  18 Overpens ..... on the citadel of a Puerto .... 18 Overpens! Apparently, Puerto Rico has the same exact Hull as Smolensk .... I thought PR was a heavy cruiser but I was wrong.

And since PR didn't get Citadelle'd he will most likely do it again in next Ranked Gold match.

16 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Also since it bears (?) on the discussion thread of PQ ragequitting early in a game, the first genious in his Puerto Rico that sailed out broadside on to Flambass Conde, which Flambass used his Funny button on ......  18 Overpens ..... on the citadel of a Puerto .... 18 Overpens! Apparently, Puerto Rico has the same exact Hull as Smolensk .... I thought PR was a heavy cruiser but I was wrong.

And since PR didn't get Citadelle'd he will most likely do it again in next Ranked Gold match.

Both Puerto Rico and Alaska are infamous for being impossible to citadel. I've only citadelled a PR with Yamato. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Both Puerto Rico and Alaska are infamous for being impossible to citadel. I've only citadelled a PR with Yamato. 

I only have Alaska and sure that is pretty tanky, but overpens when hitting waterline citadel tho!? Feel like you should at least get normal pens there unless its just an open empty void in the ship.... or a Smolensk..

But this is all just part of the BS mechincs of the game with RNGesus just say "Nope!" when you have the perfect situation for a kill. And my take is that after dealing with this BS full time as a Youtuber/CC/full time streamer is the reson for PQs rage quit. Im not condoning it, but I could understand his frustration.

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I only have Alaska and sure that is pretty tanky, but overpens when hitting waterline citadel tho!? Feel like you should at least get normal pens there unless its just an open empty void in the ship.... or a Smolensk..

From my experience, both of them have EXTREMELY trolly armor when flat broadside. I genuinely would not trust anything short of a Slava to punish their broadside. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

From my experience, both of them have EXTREMELY trolly armor when flat broadside. I genuinely would not trust anything short of a Slava to punish their broadside. 

Why? Slava has railguns. What you actually want is mortars. Or trebuchets perhaps. Pay2rico is just so thin.

Though the actual answer, like with almost all cruisers, is to overmatch them while they're angled instead of shooting at their invulnerable broadsides. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Looks like his shells went through the upper belt.

At that distance, there's no way 30mm could stop those high velocity shells.

image.thumb.png.44bf85e60c10fc2f58c2200db661a7d2.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2024 at 11:26 PM, Volron said:

What is the repair cost for a Yamato in Randoms?  It used to be at least 300k.  Reason I know is way back when Co-Op had the exact same repair cost for ships as was in Randoms, and it was 300k when I lost one.

The thing that definitely did not help is selling T9's and 10s.  Even 8's would be considered too high by a lot, myself included.

They should have kept those ships out of at folks hands until they had at least X battles at X tier. Example:

A person can only buy a T8 after they have at least, say, 500 battles (1000 Co-Op battles).  On top of that, they would need to have at least 3 T8 tech tree 8's as well.

Note: The numbers are purely for example.

I agree. The thing is on repair cost baddies could not make enough to cover the cost back then. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeaQuest said:

I agree. The thing is on repair cost baddies could not make enough to cover the cost back then. 

This did tend to be a gatekeeper, but there were whales who were plain bads. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeaQuest said:

It wasn't keeping the baddies off, just the F2P folks... it wasn't a gate for quality but for money. 

17 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

It wasn't keeping the baddies off, just the F2P folks... it wasn't a gate for quality but for money. 

Somewhat, but the true baddies did have issues with repair costs. 

pay to rico has a invisible 114mm armor and low citadel