Flimsy Lunch Tray Comments on Lopsided Games

yss_turtleship

6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If I remembered correctly, you learned how to read your stats properly... (if not its mistaken identity).

Yes, years ago we had a conversation about reading stats and that has been a great help.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Anyone, who says there's skill in WOWS and can use stats to show forth, are only stating an opinion. An opinion that's not universally adapted.

You keep on thinking that. 
IMG_5217.gif.66f1d635e43d1789165a10b5fab6ef06.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Anyone, who says there's skill in WOWS and can use stats to show forth, are only stating an opinion. An opinion that's not universally adapted.

24cnmu.jpg.89e241967d954ad098ceeffafa9773bd.jpg

An opinion "not universally adapted"?

Asking for a friend, "What universe?"

48 minutes ago, Asym said:

And, thanks for the conversation........

image.thumb.png.5e73c810ebebb9aa26181e6c21ff5c4c.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

You keep on thinking that. 

Unfortunately, its because of the current faulty mentality on stats.. Its the reason, the players will advocate change they will not like.

The player base have the wrong mentality, the large sum don't know the purpose of WOWS stat.

Its been around since beta (7 yrs now with me).

3 minutes ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

An opinion "not universally adapted"?

Asking for a friend, "What universe?"

Ok, other then a pic you didn't stat on opinion on what stats you use on the topic.

Are you using a 3rd party evaluation? If you are, that's an opinion not affiliated with WOWS.

I don't used any 3rd party evaluation to indicate a quality of a player.. Therefor its an opinion, an opinion I can really disagree on because its based on... Nothing,

Magic.

I have a skill playing BBs that are not reflected in available stats.  I win duels against DDs and subs.  I turn the tide or save the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

There's no skill needed in WOWS, especially playing BBs.

You are a funny guy. You say ridiculous things to make us laugh. Well done!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I have a skill playing BBs that are not reflected in available stats.  I win duels against DDs and subs.  I turn the tide or save the game.

Problem remains... There's no stat to reflect what you have done..

That's the problem IMO. It goes to the root issue of the thread.

There's no skill in WOWS, everything the OP video stats falls on power creep.

Hopefully, you moved on from my advice.

Always a pleasure my friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

You are a funny guy. You say ridiculous things to make us laugh. Well done!

WG staff say it all the time in the stream. Whats the difference if I say it or they do?

I should start taking them at their word.

I do.

Edited by Navalpride33

1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Whats the difference if I say it or they do?

It's funnier when you do it, because of how obnoxiously ridiculous it is.

Surely that is the joke.

7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Ok, other then a pic you didn't stat on opinion on what stats you use on the topic.

Excuse me.  The picture - Excuse Me? is in reference to the very same words you used.  Nothing more, nothing less.

In which you say, "Anyone, who says there's skill in WOWS and can use stats to show forth, are only stating an opinion. An opinion that's not universally adapted."

I'd like to know what you mean by "universally adapted" means.  You seem to be implying that everyone should take your view on what is "universally adapted" in every one of your posts.  

Regarding 3rd party sites.  You do realize that these numbers come directly from WG's API.  The very same numbers WoWs use in their player profiles.

I will add that you made your point very clear to all here.  Your view (universally adapted/your term) regarding skills is not shared by many here who play the game.  You made your point.  I can appreciate your view, but damn, drop it already.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

What is the accepted definition of a "stomp"? 

I don't think there is one. However, players with enough intelligence can recognize a 'stomp'.

For instance, one team losing, at least, two ships almost immediately followed by another two - three more sunk ships while the opponents, maybe, have lost just one ship, that is one definition.

Another definition is your own example where the winning team has very few losses, maybe one - four ships while the losing team is completely wiped out.

A third definition is the time of the battle. There used to be longer times for battles* & these battles were closer (in general) & included more 'draws'. The current game meta has much shorter battles, far fewer close battles & barely ever (if at all, nowadays) is there a draw.

With the 'player churn' (old players leaving & new players still entering the game) there, likely, is a propensity for more  'stomps'. I liken the word churn here to represent a population of 'dead fish' = really stupid newer players.

* 'battles' = 'random battles' (only). Any other battle mode requires further extrapolations. 

My 2 cents opinion here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

I'd like to know what you mean by "universally adapted" means.  You seem to be implying that everyone should take your view on what is "universally adapted" in every one of your posts.  

Well on that note. its been answered.

If its based on stats used to push a false narrative (like every 3rd party sites and yes they share the numbers NOT opinions and interpretations on the numbers.).

Then I will disagree..

Since I can analyze any stat on omy own without trying to hammer that stat into a fabricated narrative. Then, I have that liberty.

Remember, one has the right to be manipulated by the numbers.. I, (since I know better) know the purpose of WOWS stats and will not misuse them to fit a false narrative.

So, I exercise my right diligently. Others on the other hand... Not so much.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Like 1

No skill is required to play WoWS. While this statement is true, it is not advisable to construe too much out of that. When skill is applied, it changes the nature of the game.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this discussion. It's nice to see the passion that we have for this game. 

Cheers,
Turtle

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• yss_turtleship locked this topic