Asymmetric Battles: Games and Scores

Frostbow

7 minutes ago, Jagerbomb_2021 said:

I'm playing more for fun in this mode since I have tons of every in-game resource. I guess I just find it odd that for credits, I can make more in a coop game in my Atlanta using a green booster than I can in asymmetric battles using a blue and finishing top 1 or 2. For comparison, I also play operations a lot and using a blue credit booster I can bring in 600K to a million credits. 

I am keeping my boosters for Operations; in my experience I can consistently get the most out of them by using Premium Ships in Operations. Atlanta with blue boosters, and with decent play in Narai or Killer Whale or in any Operation, can reliably bring 1,000,000 credits. 

In Asymmetric Battles, I suspect the Developers toned down the credits earned per battle.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Frostbow said:

How much net credits do you earn with the Patrie in Asymmetric? 

I'm curious about the French Tier XI. Hannover also. 

Watched the replay to get the shot for ya...

shot-24.04.18_11.23.44-0336.jpg

• Sad 1

Realized I needed cruiser ribbons and started taking my secondary focused napoli out. It blows threw missions just as fast as my BB's. What a ship. 

• Like 2

Been wondering when I can repeat this unexpected and extremely close death match against the bots in Asymmetric Battles.

10 kills. 502,436 Damage. 2,289 Base XP.

So far 99% of the time my teammates now are as focused as I am on smashing these bots. Hey guys can you chill a little bit and leave the dirty work for me?

LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

Realized I needed cruiser ribbons and started taking my secondary focused napoli out. It blows threw missions just as fast as my BB's. What a ship. 

It's a great ship for Co-Op and Asymmetric Battles. It became even better when they increase the secondary range from 9.2 km to 11km with those skill changes.  Definitely a fun ship to play, especially when you need to do cruiser missions.

20 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Nice! Napoli is amazing in Asymmetric. 

I find that most secondary-focused ships do quite well in this game mode, be that CA or  BB.  To net high XP in this game mode, you kinda need a team that sucks but not too much (so you can do some extra carrying and win, without losing to bots outright).  😄  I find CV and DD to be the trickiest ones to do well in, as it's harder to carry a failing team in those ships, especially when many of your team mates die early...

why not make it permanent?

I have friends who refuse to even try WOWS unless there are permanent modes like that on the PVE Track

And no, Ops does not count, they want an enhanced coop where you are outnumbered, and get good rewardds

Make it PERMANENT WG, get more players

SImple, No ?

Take care

JM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

why not make it permanent?

There's been some debate on that very question.

We know, for instance, that Random game mode is by far the most efficient game mode in terms of server resources:

• 1 match of Random provides play for 24 players with no requirement for computing resources to run bots.
  • 1 match of COOP provides play for 9 players with computing resources for 9 bots required.
  • 1 match of Asymmetric provides play for 5 players with computing resources for 12 bots required.

Asymmetric battles were WILDLY popular when they were first introduced because WG accidentally messed up the rewards and you could, if your team played well, get more return for your play than you could in Random mode. WG nerfed that pretty quickly smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

Much as I would love to see Asymmetric mode as a permanent option ... I suspect that the sheer inefficiency of it, and the risk it poses to Random mode if it were properly executed would be unacceptable to WG.

• Like 4

Very good asym. battle on "Scharnhorst 43" with almost 1,7 million potential dmg. This ship is a fantastic looking killer. 

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 114129.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 114148.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 114222.jpg

• Like 3

Didn't really play the 'fun' ships much because I am trying to use the opportunity to grind tier9s (and have to grind some tier8s before), but some noteable results:

Best match so far in Incomparable (she really is just that, such a fun ship!)

shot-24_04.19_13_49.37-0917.thumb.jpg.907af92d3bc72d7127fe25e941ee7d8d.jpg

Then another good one in Michelangelo which also works reasonably well, those SAP secondaries really like low tier opponents.

shot-24_04.19_13_46.09-0613.thumb.jpg.ede4c6297afcba9f68aa952c13110569.jpg

shot-24_04.19_13_46.16-0736.thumb.jpg.83f1dda3d8cee5e7ffcc9bf2b073a082.jpg

And most amazing for me was this one. Over 4.2 milllion potential damage in Richelieu...

shot-24_04.19_13_36.56-0387.thumb.jpg.f4fca307f8fa7885e875443505f374d3.jpg

Schlieffen and Napoli are kinda the easy mode ships for this (if you know what you are doing anyway, I see far too many people also fail horribly in Schlieffen), but I will only get into those when my mate who just reset the Schlieffen line gets back up to it I guess, or when I feel the urge to play solo which is unlikely.

2 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

Best match so far in Incomparable (she really is just that, such a fun ship!)

Thanks for sharing this. I have the Incomparable and I have not played the ship since late 2023. Thanks for reminding.

12 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

We know, for instance, that Random game mode is by far the most efficient game mode in terms of server resources:

• 1 match of Random provides play for 24 players with no requirement for computing resources to run bots.
  • 1 match of COOP provides play for 9 players with computing resources for 9 bots required.
  • 1 match of Asymmetric provides play for 5 players with computing resources for 12 bots required.

Please enlighten me. In my understanding (very limited technical understanding of servers and the like) while there are no computing resources used to run bots in a 24-player random battle, there are other things the game will continue to handle such as smoke, radar, planes, border hugging, storms, cyclones, areas that are captured and then lost and then captured again, etc., all of which can create a heavier load in terms of server resources. And what if the AI for the bots are run/performed/executed on the player side, i.e., on the player's PC, not on the game's servers? (Again, just a question of ignorance.)

16 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

I find that most secondary-focused ships do quite well in this game mode, be that CA or  BB.  To net high XP in this game mode, you kinda need a team that sucks but not too much (so you can do some extra carrying and win, without losing to bots outright).  😄  I find CV and DD to be the trickiest ones to do well in, as it's harder to carry a failing team in those ships, especially when many of your team mates die early...

🙂👍

"DON'T. GET. ELIMINATED!"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364843/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1

Second phase of dockyard finished thanks to asym. 

Shell hits. Torp hits. Capture points. Fires. Flooding. Easy to shoot down planes. Not too many other players to take all your kills. This mode has it all. 

• Like 2

Good old Bismarck delivered as she mostly does, but unfortunately in vain. When you experience how bad people actually play in high Tier vessels, then the sometimes devastating results in randoms become clear. The guy in second place is 300 pt behind me and Tier IX ( Ruprecht!! ), the best bot only 200. That tells a lot. 

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 200534.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 200552.jpg

Edited by OT2_2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Second phase of dockyard finished thanks to asym. 

Shell hits. Torp hits. Capture points. Fires. Flooding. Easy to shoot down planes. Not too many other players to take all your kills. This mode has it all. 

I agree.  It just dawned on me to concentrate on optimum ship positioning relative to land masses because this mode is really pretty good for learning how to use your ship.

Best training environment available in this game.  I still prefer Random battles for fun.

• Like 2

Since so many despise "Riga" for her allegedly bad main gun accuracy among other things. The opposite is true from my humble experience. Perhaps I have always the "God of RNG" on my side, something I highly doubt, but I only experience her with strong performance. Her turning radius is bad that's true, but that's about it IMO. 

Skjermbilde 2024-04-20 015615.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-20 015629.jpg

• Like 2

One match where I could farm some free damage (mission) - the remaining teammates including an Alliance apparently didnt want to win or they thought the match was lost.

WoWs_FdG 210k Asym ingame.png

WoWs_FdG 210k Asym_scoreboard.png

WoWs_FdG 210k Asym_detail.png

• Like 1

Kremlin absorbs damage and returns it back to the bots like there's no end to it. LOL

Soviet Bias made 305K Damage, 1609 Base XP.

shot-24_04.18_23_14.08-0612.thumb.jpg.19d152046bcde831f3a76d7c3df79a52.jpgshot-24_04.18_23_14.13-0811.thumb.jpg.226f7ede163d8df0d6a736f82b4b990f.jpg

• Like 2

Des Moines

I keep getting sent to Islands of Ice whenever I play this ship in Asymmetric. On one hand it is good practice; on the other hand it gets pretty boring playing on the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

4 kills. 1,641 Base XP.

shot-24_04.18_22_45.27-0434.thumb.jpg.86cfffdce20ff2817afd4efb9303391e.jpgshot-24_04.18_22_45.24-0901.thumb.jpg.0bab055ed57e41af47680cf093b8645f.jpg

• Like 2

My new personal record in a PVE mode. Had to fight alone at the last minutes. CV was sunk at the last second when the " Victory " message faded away.

shot-24_04.20_17_36.49-0056.thumb.jpg.fd45ef55e1b89ed0da664de06a775479.jpg

shot-24_04.20_17_36.56-0616.thumb.jpg.532edf9106578284e12aafa1dc4deeb3.jpg

shot-24_04.20_17_37.07-0410.thumb.jpg.4dd7573befa3ece0c1d02d1442d1d2bf.jpg

• Like 5

Not really that good (for Schlieffen's secondaries are OP), nevertheless it's the first time I reach 300 K damage, so... cheers me !

image.png?ex=663522c9&is=6622adc9&hm=17d33918697d4ca3db4e2c895a8061b4e0d64d4bfea84a65ddb685a01f1ce421&=

• Like 4

On 4/18/2024 at 6:01 PM, Frostbow said:

In Asymmetric Battles, I suspect the Developers toned down the credits earned per battle.

That’s my impression as well. If I need credits from PvE, then it’s Ops. The shorter time might tip the scales a bit in favor of asymmetric, but you’d be using more boosters and where I’m from they don’t grow on trees.

• Like 4