Latest DevBlog Changes to CVs and AA - Closed Test April 16th - UPDATE

HogHammer

On 4/16/2024 at 6:34 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

In-game AA is more effective than Pacific theater ship AA during WW-II.
Change my mind.  🙂 

IRL, how many times have you seen planes in tight formation approach a ship and launch torps from 2k and every torpedo hits and then you get to hit the "F" key to make them teleport home? Happens all the time in T10 games, that's not "effective" AA.

Edited by EmGee42
typo
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

My only concern is...

Now I'm probably gonna have to run CVs to earn all the community tokens on the PTS (haven't looked yet... getting ready to log in in a minute...

Hopefully there are alternate missions to earn everything.

5 hours ago, clammboy said:

I don't really think they worried one iota about all that. I think they probably just got tired of spending the money the man power and time involved to run it and monitor it. Wasn't worth the time or effort to hear the constent complaints about the the stupid things we thought they did. My guess is they just got tired of it.

But...they didn't need to manage it...their CMs took care of any & all of that & they were free to use it or ignore it as they seen fit.

It's not like they loaded up any of the threads about stuff on the forums...they dropped it in the website (like they still do) & the CMs made threads out of it on the forums...

Or not.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

On 4/16/2024 at 8:48 PM, Darlith said:

I was surprised taking it out and not having it shoot at a DD that got close.

Not sure about the new and... 'improved...' Independence; but the old A-Hull Independence had two 5'/38, one each on the bow and stern. It lost both on the B-hull for more AA, (quad 40mms.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

IRL, how many times have you seen planes in tight formation approach a ship and launch torps from 2k and every torpedo hits and then you get to hit the "F" key to make them teleport home? Happens all the time in T10 games, that's not "effective" AA.

I just had an interesting match with air defense...

My Bearn with only 10 captain points against an Independence.

Let's just say most of our flights weren't to actually make attacks, but to deploy fighters.

He even tried sniping my hull.

Almost back to the old AS RTS days.

Maybe tier 10 isn't the most fun tier to play. Come down to the historical tiers and have some fun. Restore the joy.

20240417_232739_PFSA506-Bearn_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Read about that topic on reddit.

Good job Weegee, overcomplicating things!

Maybe there will be some decent changes when they`re implemented; but this whole new sector reinforcement change is - at the moment - off-putting.

More needed player skill/input, the average joe won`t be able to handle.

5 hours ago, Captain_82 said:

Read about that topic on reddit.

Good job Weegee, overcomplicating things!

Maybe there will be some decent changes when they`re implemented; but this whole new sector reinforcement change is - at the moment - off-putting.

More needed player skill/input, the average joe won`t be able to handle.

I don't mind complicated ( I doubt any real gamer does ).  I mind complicated that doesn't work.

These changes individually might have been enough to get CVs into a spot more acceptable to those who complaint about them, but throwing them all together would crush CVs to the point I doubt anyone could progress through them.  As those who do sailing can attest, hiking too far only gets you a capsized boat instead of better sailing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I don't mind complicated ( I doubt any real gamer does ).  I mind complicated that doesn't work.

These changes individually might have been enough to get CVs into a spot more acceptable to those who complaint about them, but throwing them all together would crush CVs to the point I doubt anyone could progress through them.  As those who do sailing can attest, hiking too far only gets you a capsized boat instead of better sailing.

Amen.

9 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

I agree.

There was a time when I played CVs very often (Ryujo in Ops...).

I liked the rework one could say (the old implementation was really fun too but back then I was a rookie - still managed to score a Clear Sky achievement, I remember some details until today.

After the implementation of the new Operations I literally stopped playing CVs even though I owned T8 CVs with high-levelled Captains.

Few matches with Pobeda - that was it basically.

The first weeks after the change were immensely frustrating too due to the lack of skill/knowledge of many players.

Can`t bring myself to continue the Independence grind at the moment ...

So yes, one should be careful when changing CVs.

Edited by Captain_82

One can only imagine how this type of team would make a CV in the closed testing tear his hair out...

image.png.52e927501a2b7ebbf2a71a1d1a12e5a0.png

The Yorck / Mackensen center push killed my Yorktown.

I think I'll call it a night...

Some teams you just can't drag to a win.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:48 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

The problem with that is unless some other teammate spots the reds they won't be able to farm them because they won't be able to SEE them. Ask your CV friends what their plans are for those games where they are the last ship left alive on their team and the reds are coming for them. What will they do if they are the last ship left, or no teammate is close enough to spot, when a ship is capping and you need to reset them to keep from losing?

It is not a good change. There are some serious negative consequences to this. No one seems to see it though as they are all happy CV's are getting nerfed.

I have the feeling that part will not make it through testing. I can see this happening. CV planes will only spot for the CV and not the rest of the team.