PQ Rage quits mid match on stream

Unlooky

Ive never rage quit a match, however Ive done lots of things that should have got me suspended. I have swore vehemently at other players (Im an ex sailor and quite good at cussing someone out!), I have called other players all sorts of names....although Ive never sent the first port PM message to another player, but I have responded to a few :).

Ive broken keyboards, mice and headsets over the many years of online gaming. I believe my first fit of rage came while playing Counter Strike back in the 90's.

Every time Ive snapped, Ive taken a break from whichever game I was playing. Now Im (finally) able to see it coming so I take my break sooner and Ive just returned from 2 month break from this game.

Please dont be the one to push me over the edge again 😉

Edited by hipcanuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

And the WeGee loaded diaper babies need to go cry about it everywhere just to make sure the CC they spend hours watching gets punished.

Better that then spreading his temper tantrum far and wide and giving WG a black eye...

Because that still could happen...

Just a thought.

If the Cruiser player did such a steep turn to the right, right at the point when he fires, wouldn't this also mean he would expose even more of his, in this case non-existent citadel, because he is "lifting his skirt" towards the shells? Isnt this a commonly known thing when BBs with underwater citadels turn towards the enemy.

8 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

And the WeGee loaded diaper babies need to go cry about it everywhere just to make sure the CC they spend hours watching gets punished.

I don't watch PQ and I would gladly create another thread if I saw another official CC similarly violating ToS. 

On 4/12/2024 at 3:42 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I don't think its right for anyone to do this (quit early) but at the same time I can totally agree with his frustation with the BS mechanics of this game and how that cater to the lowest skilled players.

If someone didn't catch it the reason he exited the game was because just like he shows and talks about in many of his videos he is frustrated over the BS that cruisers and BB players can sit perfectly broadside to you indefinite and you wont get any citadels, and then all of a sudden you angle youre BB perfectly to an incoming salvo and suddenly they get 1-2 citadels on you .... because WG reasons...

I also feel like skills should matter in this game. If you brain fart and sit broadside on to a Vermont in youre cruiser you should get, as Jingles say "Thats a Paddeling" or sent back to port. But in most situations Vermont gets rewarded by shells flying everywhere or overpens or any other type of BS, and the cruiserplayer who dont understand that its a bad thing to show broadside to BBs will continue to do so, because that is what the game is teaching him.

Its way to much "Dumbing down" to cater to all the players that have zero interest in trying to get better at this game and to many BS mechanics that takes skill and experience out of the equation. 

This is how most good players feel about how the game caters to baddies. It is also why good players are leaving the game in droves. Look at many of the clans with high-win rate players, and you will see half their clan has not been on in months to over a year. In most good clans, their players are only logging in for clan battles and KoTs. If you run MatchMakerMonitor, you will see that random battles is overrun with baddies. It is rare to see blue and purple stat players anymore in random battles. Battles are filled with yellow and red stat players on both teams. High tier random battles are cluster f**** of baddies and sadly I do not think there is any fixing it at this point. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 3LUE said:

This is how most good players feel about how the game caters to baddies. It is also why good players are leaving the game in droves. Look at many of the clans with high-win rate players, and you will see half their clan has not been on in months to over a year. In most good clans, their players are only logging in for clan battles and KoTs. If you run MatchMakerMonitor, you will see that random battles is overrun with baddies. It is rare to see blue and purple stat players anymore in random battles. Battles are filled with yellow and red stat players on both teams. High tier random battles are cluster f**** of baddies and sadly I do not think there is any fixing it at this point. 

And this Playerbase ReworkTM was entirely intentional. 

I have a kindred experience; In my first clan, a majority (five of eight IIRC) of the strongest players quit WoWS at the time of the CV rework. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 3LUE said:

4 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

I have a kindred experience; In my first clan, a majority (five of eight IIRC) of the strongest players quit WoWS at the time of the CV rework. 

It is truly a shame what has happened to the high tier playerbase. The number of players who commit suicide right at the start or just hide in the back is almost criminal. Many of these players do not even understand the basics of the game, let alone what they need to know playing high tiers. I'm pretty sure most of them do not even care. My main game is Eve Online, and one of the reasons is that bad players just do not last there. EVE is not kind to bad players, and being bad can be costly. It is a very complicated game, and many players give up even before they get through the starting point. 

When it comes to the state of high tier in WoWs. The cat is out of the bag, and the cat ran away, never to be seen again. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:44 PM, Zysyss said:

It is truly a shame what has happened to the high tier playerbase. The number of players who commit suicide right at the start or just hide in the back is almost criminal. Many of these players do not even understand the basics of the game, let alone what they need to know playing high tiers. I'm pretty sure most of them do not even care. My main game is Eve Online, and one of the reasons is that bad players just do not last there. EVE is not kind to bad players, and being bad can be costly. It is a very complicated game, and many players give up even before they get through the starting point. 

When it comes to the state of high tier in WoWs. The cat is out of the bag, and the cat ran away, never to be seen again. 

I think the part about the cat sums it up perfictly. WG knows that and knows there is not much they can do about it at this point. BUT!!! Maybe if they made it so, combat missions would require winning for your progress to count. Baddies would have a meltdown if that were put in place, I am sure. 

Just out of curiosity, I skipped over to PQ's Twitch stream today and noticed something that may or may not have been there before.  

There is no "CC" reference in his stream title and nothing in his "about" description referring to CC. Maybe he did not have it referenced previously, which to me would be odd, but it sure is not there now.

Did anyone else notice this?  Was there a CC reference there before?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

Just out of curiosity, I skipped over to PQ's Twitch stream today and noticed something that may or may not have been there before.  

There is no "CC" reference in his stream title and nothing in his "about" description referring to CC. Maybe he did not have it referenced previously, which to me would be odd, but it sure is not there now.

Potato_Quality

Language: EN

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/contributors-program/

He's listed, as of this writing.  ^^^^^

Edited to add.   But not listed on this list.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Community_Contributors

I found the following text interesting.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Community_Contributors

Qualifications

• Must be 18 years of age or older.
  • Must have a genuine interest in Wargaming games and products.
  • Contributor must behave and create content in compliance with our Terms of Service, End-User Legal Agreement, Official Game Rules.
  • Contributor's content must have the potential to reach and influence the audience (in other words, Contributor must produce quality content).
  • Contributor must have a genuine interest in helping us build a healthy community around our games by sharing constructive feedback.
  • Contributor must be actively involved in at least 1 community oriented channel such as Forums, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

Leaving a game early will not get his CC taken away. 

Edited by 3LUE

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 3:42 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

If someone didn't catch it the reason he exited the game was because just like he shows and talks about in many of his videos he is frustrated over the BS that cruisers and BB players can sit perfectly broadside to you indefinite and you wont get any citadels, and then all of a sudden you angle youre BB perfectly to an incoming salvo and suddenly they get 1-2 citadels on you .... because WG reasons...

That sounds like,  Welcome to rigged games!

Theres been a lot of analyzing the shot.   The shot was perfect.   It should have been a dev strike.  With the poor dispersion that he got, 30k with 2 cits.      You see how much angle the petro still had on that rear turret when the shells landed? he might as well had been straight broadside, but because he was angled, that equals more time for the shells to explode in the citadel so it should have possibly been even more damage.   Someone saying he aimed high.   The petro was going full board, the ships would slide before turning and he was only 7k away and you see the rear of the ship is further away and 7k is no time for the ships to right it's self.    Fire lower and i can tell you it's never worked out of me, the entire salvo will just vanish in the water save one or 2 shells.

As for someone talking about the "skirt" coming up when a bb turns in.  It does happen but on a very lower scale than years ago.  Ships used to sway bigly when turning but not anymore.     I think it was when WG wanted to sell bigger and more accruate guns but didn't want people being deleted any more than they already were.   So they just made a bunch of ships citadels sit at the waterline and to make sure they couldn't be hit too often in even these situations, they made the ships sail flatter.

If PQ is out of the CC program because of this, that's a good thing.   Wargamming doesn't deserve to have anyone vouching for their game.  Sure it will be a loss for PQ and his ability to bring content to his fans.   But it's a big win for gamers.

Gamers should never support a company that rigs their game in an effort to make money. 

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Gamers should never support a company that rigs their game in an effort to make money. 

It isn’t rigged. Buggy maybe. And if gamers spent no money on buggy games, there would be no games at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Theres been a lot of analyzing the shot.   The shot was perfect.   It should have been a dev strike. 

I politely disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

It isn’t rigged. Buggy maybe. And if gamers spent no money on buggy games, there would be no games at all. 

ROFL

Sure, sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Theres been a lot of analyzing the shot.   The shot was perfect.   It should have been a dev strike.  With the poor dispersion that he got, 30k with 2 cits.      You see how much angle the petro still had on that rear turret when the shells landed? he might as well had been straight broadside, but because he was angled, that equals more time for the shells to explode in the citadel so it should have possibly been even more damage.   Someone saying he aimed high.   The petro was going full board, the ships would slide before turning and he was only 7k away and you see the rear of the ship is further away and 7k is no time for the ships to right it's self.    Fire lower and i can tell you it's never worked out of me, the entire salvo will just vanish in the water save one or 2 shells.

He aimed high and surprise surprise, all his shells went high. If you think that's a perfectly aimed shot, I have a bridge to sell to you. 

On 4/29/2024 at 6:38 PM, Pugilistic said:

Honestly i don't see how the cv rework changed anything. 

CV interaction was crap before the rework, CV interaction was fresh crap after the rework.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Unlooky said:

He aimed high and surprise surprise, all his shells went high. If you think that's a perfectly aimed shot, I have a bridge to sell to you. 

Just for you, i took the same exact shot and aimed where you say he should have aimed just last night on a petro.    Yes, he was twice as far away, yes i was in a Castillia.   And yes all the shells save one overpen fell short.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Just now, WES_HoundDog said:

Just for you, i took the same exact shot and aimed where you say he should have aimed just last night on a petro.    Yes, he was twice as far away, yes i was in a Castillia.   And yes all the shells save one overpen fell short.

Clip it and share it here. 

Does PQ do this often? Cause he was just in a Moskva and got hit real hard then spent 10 minutes of the rest of the match going around the outside of the map.

10 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Does PQ do this often? Cause he was just in a Moskva and got hit real hard then spent 10 minutes of the rest of the match going around the outside of the map.

What else was he doing? Taking flank shots while trying to nurse his remaining HP and stay alive? Or just sailing around ranting and not much else? If the latter, send the VOD/YT vid link to CS with a report.

• Bored 1

9 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What else was he doing? Taking flank shots while trying to nurse his remaining HP and stay alive? Or just sailing around ranting and not much else? If the latter, send the VOD/YT vid link to CS with a report.

He healed a bit but then told people to not backseat play when asked why he wasn't shooting as he was taking the below route. He just gave up and did nothing the rest of the game. It was funny 'cause both his team and the other team were of course complaining and PQ was just like "No, I'm the better person by not responding" lol just cracked me up after seeing this thread.

PQ Route.png

• Like 1

Just now, Jakeshuffle said:

LOL I WAS IN THAT GAME

image.png?ex=663562bf&is=6634113f&hm=ac153b176d44d32731e923054a710673e4862e700dd1f7faed5478a44011bd01&=

unfortunately I was on the other side so I couldn't see what was happening there but I just saw him in the same 3 squares the entire game. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

He healed a bit but then told people to not backseat play when asked why he wasn't shooting as he was taking the below route. He just gave up and did nothing the rest of the game. It was funny 'cause both his team and the other team were of course complaining and PQ was just like "No, I'm the better person by not responding" lol just cracked me up after seeing this thread.

PQ Route.png

Yeah, that's reportable for poor play. Hang him out to dry. 

• Bored 1

Just now, Unlooky said:

LOL I WAS IN THAT GAME

image.png?ex=663562bf&is=6634113f&hm=ac153b176d44d32731e923054a710673e4862e700dd1f7faed5478a44011bd01&=

unfortunately I was on the other side so I couldn't see what was happening there but I just saw him in the same 3 squares the entire game. 

Send it in.

• Bored 1