Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue...

Leo_Apollo11

7 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

In higher tier all you need are napolis who know what they are doing even in a CV,Sub,3 light ship game. lol

Crazy ship. Nothing it like it in lower tiers.

I've just been going through all my ships. I mostly played Stalin however.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:41 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Cammo1962 Great to see you around too!

Thanks @Admiral_Karasu and sorry not being here to much but have been busy even after my retirement almost 2 years ago 🤪

Edited by Cammo1962
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Unfortunately the Tier VIII is as bad as Tier VI... players have no clue... they die like flies... 😞

In domination mode almost no chance with random team - BOTs kill them and seize the CAPs = Game lost... 😞

In Standard battle where all we have to do is defend the base - players go forward and die needlessly leaving me alone in CV to kill remaining 5-6 BOTs... mission impossible... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately the Tier VIII is as bad as Tier VI... players have no clue... they die like flies... 😞

In domination mode almost no chance with random team - BOTs kill them and seize the CAPs = Game lost... 😞

In Standard battle where all we have to do is defend the base - players go forward and die needlessly leaving me alone in CV to kill remaining 5-6 BOTs... mission impossible... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

Perhaps Tier X then, surely that will be better?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

😞

😞

😞

You're always posting these depressing faces. Maybe you should spend your time on something you enjoy.

1 hour ago, thornzero said:

You're always posting these depressing faces. Maybe you should spend your time on something you enjoy.

Like polls. It's been ages since we've had proper polls.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:24 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue... 😞

And I just wanted to grind my second USN CV line in non-harming environment...

Leo "Apollo11"

Well you decide to play “lower” tiers and exspect players to competent….

Hint they are not

40 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Like polls. It's been ages since we've had proper polls.

I thought we'd run out of bacon.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I thought we'd run out of bacon.

I haven't seen @Leo_Apollo11 ever offer bacon, though.

I'm not happy because you still can't use asymetric towards Naval Battles. Tried this morning and nope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

I'm not happy because you still can't use asymetric towards Naval Battles. Tried this morning and nope.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong ... but I don't think that 'temporary' game modes ever count towards Naval Battles.

Another reason that I think Asymmetric Battles should be a permanent mode.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong ... but I don't think that 'temporary' game modes ever count towards Naval Battles.

Another reason that I think Asymmetric Battles should be a permanent mode.

Extended Rules - accessed via the Rules section of the Naval Battle portion of the Clan tab while in Port.

Partial quote from the Engagement explanation section

"... Engagement
The requirements are the same for all missions:  earn a specified amount of BaseXP in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.  ..."

Edited to add:  I think that the wording may change according to the criteria of the Naval Battles on a given weekend.  We do know that the Naval Battles earn-a-star criteria can vary (BaseXP, Ribbons, Damage, Hits on a target).

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I just had battle when our last surviving BB (Musashi) had more HP than 2 remaining BOTs  and he still managed to lose the battle... he didn't kill anything in game...

shot-24_04.13_14_50.05-0911.thumb.jpg.57caf5d5375dcb808bdf41ae2c91f66a.jpg

He has a around 3.000 Random battles but WinRate of just above 40%... 100% useless... you simply can't be worse that that... 😦

Leo "Apollo11"

Edited by Leo_Apollo11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

you simply can't be worse that that... 😦

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I just had battle when our last surviving BB (Musashi) had more HP than 2 remaining BOTs  and he still managed to lose the battle... he didn't kill anything in game...

image.thumb.png.3cc214d3bd77b126f22bcc911050b7f4.png

• Haha 5

I just had 2 games where the DD players stay back. I'm playing Schlieffen and have zero spotting. 1 of the games it was 3 DD's and 2 BB's. I guess they just want to spam torps from max range.

I must admit to some dismay when I spawned in to a game of Asymmetric mode yesterday with three DDs.

Luckily the DD who spawned with me realised that it was not time for a glorious YOLO ... so he got a lot of torp damage while I tanked over 3 million potential damage in my mighty GK all the while raining secondary fire upon our bot foes and missing most of my main battery fire because I was having too much fun to aim properly facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif. Target rich environments can do that sometimes smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

What pleased me most is that while spamming torps from behind me, he didn't hit ME once.  I admit to missing the days when people were cautious and judicious with their torpedoes.

We lost (the middle and other flank collapsed), but I had a great time.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 4:24 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue... 😞

And I just wanted to grind my second USN CV line in non-harming environment...

Leo "Apollo11"

Dude, most players have not had a clue since CBT.

Welcome to the club, I've got jackets.  What color would you like?

51 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I must admit to some dismay when I spawned in to a game of Asymmetric mode yesterday with three DDs.

Luckily the DD who spawned with me realised that it was not time for a glorious YOLO ... so he got a lot of torp damage while I tanked over 3 million potential damage in my mighty GK all the while raining secondary fire upon our bot foes and missing most of my main battery fire because I was having too much fun to aim properly facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif. Target rich environments can do that sometimes smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

What pleased me most is that while spamming torps from behind me, he didn't hit ME once.  I admit to missing the days when people were cautious and judicious with their torpedoes.

We lost (the middle and other flank collapsed), but I had a great time.

But, I do so miss friendly fire...   😄 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2024 at 2:35 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

It is IMO much easier to lose in domination mode. If you are only heavies how far do you dare to go? Also it might be better to go at leat 3 ships to one of the outer caps to stall/eventually at least get one of the caps as your team probably will sink more ships. One thing in lower tiers is that some DDs have short range on their torps.

DDs that rant for lack of support, might consider that if your team is one Cv and one sub, you as a BB which I so far mostly play get focused from too many ships, I almost sometimes prefer BBs as enemys over too many he slinging cruisers because fires can get you low on hp quite quick. I have some ships that I want to try out in Asym, hav bought and installed the UU to Goeden Loeew anyone got experience with that in Asym?

I think that many new players in Asym neither respects the bots numerical superiority at the beginning neither do they realize that the bots often turn around when they have capped. That means that it is not that easy to deliver too close support. I am trying to support closely so the DD can spot and then turn away so I do not get obliterated. To get the bots DDs is quite worthwhile IMO so if the DDs seem competent I am willing to take more risks. How do you forumites think you best support the DDs in Asym domination? For me the goal is more to delay the enemy caps as long as possible and hopefully get some sinkings in return.

I regrind German BB lines presently they are not my favourites, but if I get a bad game or so I can always change to Musashi or Missouri to be on better emotional status. JB and R Lauria is pretty OK too. 

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

It honestly depends pretty hard on what type of destroyers people are bringing in to the fight. Smokeless gunboats you basically can't do anything for, they have to carry that one themselves by proper dodging and positioning. Pure torpedo boats are again mostly up to the destroyer player's skills and knowledge at prediction, they can get in some gunnery from smoke but at higher tiers bot radar and hydro has to be respected.

The ones you can actually help the most are the hybrids and generalist destroyers with strong guns and smoke with decent range. As long as your far more durable battleship can be peeking a corner and tanking a reasonable amount of ships they should have a very free time to smoke up and farm down some destroyers and cruisers to relieve pressure. And when the coast is more relatively clear do the torp runs on the remaining battleships. If they can get some torps on ships pushing in the meantime? Great! But actively seeking to torp rush early is an early ticket to port all too often.

And yeah domination is pretty much a case of usually if you have two battleships either both are on one flank to collapse it or both are at opposite flanks to pincer all the bots that rush the middle so at least somebody's nailing broadsides to cull the herd in a timely manner. If you are the sole battleship and the RNG team composition is a carrier, sub, and two destroyers? Get what you can from a far flank, you probably aren't winning this one if the destroyers get themselves sunk before you inevitably are as the only visible target to shoot at.

• Like 1

Two main problems I see with asymmetrics:

Matchmaking: Imho there should always be at least 3 BBs/Large cruisers on every team. Having only two visible ships (I don't count normal cruisers as the ones without smoke tend to be blapped very quickly and the ones with smoke are also invisible) makes it a lot harder to tank all the enemies, especially since I notice a tendency among the bots in the middle to all go towards the flank with the BBs rather than split up or all go for the other one after they capped.

Players: Aside from player quality in general being the crap it is, I notice that the most glaring problem is that people, especially in BBs, only know black and white. Either they rush in for a yolo and die horribly, or they play like it is PvP and hang all the way in the back, leaving their teammates to tank everything, hardly doing any damage and essentially being another invisible ship. They do that even in german BBs, which live from their secondaries. Oh well, can't be helped, after all there is no cure for stupid, and that particular disease is spreading uncontained in the world.

Still, even with its shortcomings (and maybe even because of them to a degree), this is the most fun game mode ever and I wish it would be made permanent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gnirf said:

How do you forumites think you best support the DDs in Asym domination?

I just kill the bots. If the DD cant really mitigate dmg, yah just gotta try to kill the bots before the DD dies (the DD usually dies).

15 hours ago, Gnirf said:

. How do you forumites think you best support the DDs in Asym domination? For me the goal is more to delay the enemy caps as long as possible and hopefully get some sinkings in return.

Dont be behind them so they can safely smoke up and use their guns/torps via your spotting,if there is Radar on your flank try to kill it I think are the two most important things to keep your dds alive. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gnirf said:

How do you forumites think you best support the DDs in Asym domination?

I've played so many matches of Asymmetric at this point I've got a basic strategy laid out for each spawn on each map depending on the ship I'm in. Basically it boils down to "If I go there I can start doing damage without being hammered too hard by half the enemy team".

I play my Salem (obviously lol) and my GK in Asymmetric, so both are pretty tanky ships, and neither of them has any attempt to reduce their detection range ... in fact my Salem runs a lighthouse build most of the time. So I expect to be detected early, plan for it, and that means if the DD doesn't go flank speed ahead then he will be able to do his thing with little incoming fire except for secondaries.

IF (and that's a big IF) I get spawned with a DD who appears to know what he's doing, I will expose myself a little more to ensure that none of the bots in our sector lose line of sight on me, which would cause them to switch to the DD. If my damage gets to the point where I'm at risk, and the DD hasn't done enough to justify the additional hits I'm taking on his behalf, I just cover up and wait for my heal to come off cooldown ... which may well mean the DD is going to take a lot of fire, but I can't sacrifice my ship for a player that's not achieving much.

• Like 1